**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Power drain everywhere has ruined the game

TenInchPianistTenInchPianist Posts: 41
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
WHY IS POWER DRAIN EVERYWHERE?

This is ruining the joy of the game for us with smaller champion rosters below 1 million team rank. I have like two 5 star champs that can avoid power drain from atleast a few defenders, but 90% of fights are ruined by power drain.

Not because your power is drained, but because you take damage every time you hit the defender. It's like there's dozens of Electro on steroids out there now.

I'd understand if it was featured in a specific side quest, but when it's even implemented in Battlegrounds it's just too much.

Is this awful addition permanent or will it disappear soon?

Comments

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    If you are talking specifically about BG, then you can counter it by Armor break, nullify, stagger, etc etc method. I don't see any problem there.
    If you are facing this any other area, you can share roster and nodes, can help out you there
  • If you are talking specifically about BG, then you can counter it by Armor break, nullify, stagger, etc etc method. I don't see any problem there.
    If you are facing this any other area, you can share roster and nodes, can help out you there

Just before i made this thread it happened against Bishop in chapter 1 of this months event quest.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★

If you are talking specifically about BG, then you can counter it by Armor break, nullify, stagger, etc etc method. I don't see any problem there.

Just before i made this thread it happened against Bishop in chapter 1 of this months event quest.
    bro that's just in his kit. You need a proper counter to him or you'll get nuked by his energy dmg
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Of which difficulty?
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    I think he's talking about the burden of might node
  • TenInchPianistTenInchPianist Posts: 41
    edited January 2023

It says power drain on the screen when i hit someone and get hurt from it, happened a bunch of times in Battlegrounds

That’s what I was thinking too. To be fair on that one, Burden of Might hasn’t worked properly in a long time. You’re supposed to lose 25% of max power when you lose a buff, but I can go from full bar to absolute zero after one buff. It drains more power than it’s supposed to. But it’s still not the end of the world.

It says power drain on the screen when i hit someone and get hurt from it
    What difficulty? Do you have a picture?
  • I think he's talking about the burden of might node

Uncollected event quest against Bishop and a bunch of times in Battlegrounds. Every hit on the defender where i take damage it keeps popping up POWER DRAIN in red letters on the screen on Bronze III and Bronze II. No picture.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★

Uncollected event quest against Bishop and a bunch of times in Battlegrounds. Every hit on the defender where i take damage it keeps popping up POWER DRAIN in red letters on the screen on Bronze III and Bronze II. No picture.
    BG its the nodes and bishop I already explained
    edited January 2023

That’s how the nodes in BGs work. There is, first of all, a difference between power DRAIN and power BURN. Both will drain your power, but only one will deal damage.
    In BGs, if your opponent has an armor up (as stated on the node) you will power BURN resulting in drained power and damage taken. This can be worked around not only with power burn immune champs, but more widely by champions that can inflict armor break or nullify buffs.
    With the path in UC EQ, you have Burden of Might. The node clearly states that interaction as well where you will be power DRAINED when a buff expires (like after an attack after every successful dex). It’s not going to damage you, only drain your power. It’s also only for one path, so the world isn’t going to end because of that.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

I remember back when Unstoppable everywhere ruined the game.

I remember when reverse controls ruined the game.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 398 ★★★

I remember back when Unstoppable everywhere ruined the game.

I remember when reverse controls ruined the game.
    I remember when 5*s ruined the game
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    I remember when hackers ruined the game. Oh.