**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guantlet for a dummy (me)

Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
I don't think I was playing when guantlet was here last time. I'm basically just wondering if Aegon team can do it? I did Abyss run through so can't imagine it's anywhere near that bad.

I'll post my top 6*. I have Tiagra too and just starting to mess with that.

So should I just do all Aegon or different champs mixed in with just like Aegon/Starlord?

Comments

• Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    You can build aegon on weapon x. Get around 1.5k combo. Tigra destroys terrax cgr destroys vision and a lot on the path ive used him for.

Your problems will be Korg / Sassy / Mojo and maybe a few i forgot.

So yes Aegon can be used but I personally dont recommend it.

My team was
    R4 cgr
    R4 doom
    R4 spidey2099
    R4 shang
    R3 tigra

I spent around 15 ish revives in total cause I messed up on lane 1 and was lazy to quit. Shang / Spidey / CGR was my mvp. I used doom for korg only and tigra for terrax only
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    My post from the second time this was released (yes, Aegon team is still valid):
    *Quote*
    "For my second run, I was thinking of doing a version of r4 sig 200 herc, r3 kitty, r3 nimrod, r3 torch, r3 apoc.

Decided to revisit my team for the first run off this; I'm more informed now, to a degree. Used 5/65 sig 200 aegon, Heimdall, prox, r3 corvus for the power shield nodes and r3 nimrod. 30% green boost and 15% attack for the whole run.

All aegon unless mentioned. Ramped up aegon on doom (yes, doom) to about 150 combo, using 7 revives. Did terrax in 2 revives with aegon. Vision in one. Solo modok and ham, ramped up to 950 combo on weapon x with 8 revives (silly not banking combos under 200...), Then nimrod Solo, Solo thing, 6 on Korg, 1 on DMan, 2 on bwcv (corvus charge as forgot on vision), 2 on nightcrawler (2 more corvus charges), 1 gwenpool, 2 on domino (just corvus), 3 mojo (corvus again), 1 team revive, iabom solo, apoc 1 revive, sasquatch 3 revives (forgot about lifecycle...), KM 2 revives, void 3 revives and 1 team, Nick solo, Thanos, no revives; team effort.

Think that's about 5 more single revives, but 4 less team revives. BUT... I used 210 TB 4 hour crystals plus about 40 lv3 heals in the stash, so healed to almost full on nearly every revive. No units, all farmed/stash.

Aegon and Heimdall MVPs.

Think ours are both pretty typical for runs, so.....

What was the point of posting?

If anyone has 5/65 aegon (which most TBs will) Heimdall and prox of any variety and counters for weapon x and corvus, you can do gauntlet relatively inexpensively."
    *End quote*

Now I have sig 200 r4 herc, sig 80 r4 nimrod, sig 100 kitty, r3 torch, r4 sig 40 apoc, r4 sig 40 corvus, r4 sig 200 Diablo, r3 sig 100 CGR, r3 sig 40 shang, r3 sig 80 overseer, r3 sig 80 iabom and a battery of others.

But I'll still probably use 5* 5/65 sig 200 aegon, Heimdall, prox and corvus for my third run. Why? Because it's 21 fights of 600k health, it's not fast. I'll make mistakes. I'm not swedeah or MSD who will solo multiple champs with 2* shulk.

Aegon makes the fights fun, in a god mode way and he's made for challenges like this. So why not use him? Will eventually take up my 6* sig 40 aegon for the exact same reason.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    One caution would be to make sure that Aegon's persistent charges are working correctly. I haven't seen it being reported with Aegon, and have mainly only seen it in regards to Apoc evade counter not carrying over between fights after the latest update. But I have also noticed the # of persistent charges on Human Torch being wonky as well.

Before you commit to a Gauntlet run with Aegon, make sure he is not currently affected by the bug, and if he is, wait for a fix.