Options

Battlegrounds Matchmaking

what are the criterias for bg matchmaking. I get matched against people with hero ratings 2 to 3 times my rating often and get in very disadvantageus spots as a result. so many big threats ranked up to the roof and only 3 champs I can ban and I feel like I have to play significantly better than them just to have a small chance at winning.
I believe this shouldn't be the case and bg should provide a fairer pvp experience. what are your thoughts about this and how can this issue besolved?

Comments

• Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Are you using your top champs in your deck? Also, what league are you currently in (bronze, silver, etc) because your current experience is the opposite of most as Kabam has a matchups going by pi or prestige of roster.
  • Options
    artfvlartfvl Posts: 75
    i’ve been hardstuck diamond, going up against paragons when i only have 3 rank 3’s. great system kabam
  • Options
    artfvl said:

i’ve been hardstuck diamond, going up against paragons when i only have 3 rank 3’s. great system kabam

One can easily argue that if you only have 3 r3s you shouldn't have even made it to diamond. There are way stronger players than you still stuck in lower tiers because of this ridiculous matchup system giving much more.favorableatchuos.to weaker players and incentiving players to stop ranking up champs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★

artfvl said:

One can easily argue that if you only have 3 r3s you shouldn't have even made it to diamond. There are way stronger players than you still stuck in lower tiers because of this ridiculous matchup system giving much more.favorableatchuos.to weaker players and incentiving players to stop ranking up champs.
    If they're way stronger, how are they stuck?
  • Options
    edited January 2023

artfvl said:

Because they are fighting among the best players in the game. Someone who is barely a TB won't understand, but in middle and higher Paragon, most everyone is way above average, most have completed and explored all game content. If your going against someone similarly as good as you every match (which will happen in the top tier of players) then it's insanely hard to muster several wins in a row constantly.

The weaker players are ahead of the players way stronger than them because of the 10th time I've explained this to you in other threads, the weaker players DO NOT FACE THOSE MUCH STRONGER THAN THEM IN VICTORY TRACK. They are facing much weaker players where there are much larger swing gaps in skill and much smaller gaps in rosters.

If those weaker UC and Cav players in GC deserve to be there, why can't they face the stronger players along the way? Meanwhile I know of tons of Paragon who are stuck in gold because of the massive shift of competitive matches between strong, medium and weaker players.

If they can't beat a TB or a Paragon to the point they don't get matched with them, why in the world should the be higher in the rankings and getting better rewards than someone they would never be able to beat?
  • Options
    ubergamer11ubergamer11 Posts: 41
    I think when you win one matchup the difficulty of next matchup increases. I think kabam wants us to spend units and use victory shield. I am stuck in gold 1 for last 35 matchups. I win one and loose next, this is going on forever. I now focus on quest as battlegrounds are waste of effort if you don't with 3 matchups in a row.
  • Options

artfvl said:

Because they are fighting among the best players in the game. Someone who is barely a TB won't understand, but in middle and higher Paragon, most everyone is way above average, most have completed and explored all game content. If your going against someone similarly as good as you every match (which will happen in the top tier of players) then it's insanely hard to muster several wins in a row constantly.

The weaker players are ahead of the players way stronger than them because of the 10th time I've explained this to you in other threads, the weaker players DO NOT FACE THOSE MUCH STRONGER THAN THEM IN VICTORY TRACK. They are facing much weaker players where there are much larger swing gaps in skill and much smaller gaps in rosters.

If those weaker UC and Cav players in GC deserve to be there, why can't they face the stronger players along the way? Meanwhile I know of tons of Paragon who are stuck in gold because of the massive shift of competitive matches between strong, medium and weaker players.

If they can't beat a TB or a Paragon to the point they don't get matched with them, why in the world should the be higher in the rankings and getting better rewards than someone they would never be able to beat?
    My point was there's a contradiction in your argument. You make the judgment that they're getting easier Matches because their Roster is weaker, and say Roster shouldn't factor into Matches.
    Yet, people with stronger Rosters, and "stronger" Players aren't fearing well in their own Matches.
    So which is it? Should the Roster matter, or should it not? If they were truly stronger Players, they wouldn't be stuck, regardless of what they're using, right?
  • Options

artfvl said:

My point was there's a contradiction in your argument. You make the judgment that they're getting easier Matches because their Roster is weaker, and say Roster shouldn't factor into Matches.
    Yet, people with stronger Rosters, and "stronger" Players aren't fearing well in their own Matches.
    So which is it? Should the Roster matter, or should it not? If they were truly stronger Players, they wouldn't be stuck, regardless of what they're using, right?
    There no counterdiction in my argument at all, you just have a well known selective listing issue.

As I've said numerous times, to include on threads you've directly responded to, the BG matchmaking process should consider absolutely nothing other than the tier of the players. Anyone in bronze should fight anyone else, no pi, no prestige, nothing else should matter.

This is how it works in AW and it allows matches to balance out over time when people settle in on the tier they belong. Although they would need to do something about the complete reset every BG season.

Kabam could create different "leagues" for BG if needed, something like a beginners, moderate and end game tier where these groups only face others in that league, however, it would be for different rewards.

Why should someone who has no chance in beating me be getting better rewards than me in a competitive rank rewards system?
  • Options

artfvl said:

There no counterdiction in my argument at all, you just have a well known selective listing issue.

As I've said numerous times, to include on threads you've directly responded to, the BG matchmaking process should consider absolutely nothing other than the tier of the players. Anyone in bronze should fight anyone else, no pi, no prestige, nothing else should matter.

This is how it works in AW and it allows matches to balance out over time when people settle in on the tier they belong. Although they would need to do something about the complete reset every BG season.

Kabam could create different "leagues" for BG if needed, something like a beginners, moderate and end game tier where these groups only face others in that league, however, it would be for different rewards.

Why should someone who has no chance in beating me be getting better rewards than me in a competitive rank rewards system?
    So a Top Tier Paragon Player should be able to take out a new Player? Going to have to disagree with that one.
    War has War Rating that carries over from Season to Season, and it stabilizes in the off. BGs start with a mishmash every Season. There isn't enough time in a Season to balance out in any reasonable way that doesn't only benefit one demographic.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

artfvl said:

So a Top Tier Paragon Player should be able to take out a new Player? Going to have to disagree with that one.
    War has War Rating that carries over from Season to Season, and it stabilizes in the off. BGs start with a mishmash every Season. There isn't enough time in a Season to balance out in any reasonable way that doesn't only benefit one demographic.
    Which is why everyone shouldn't be starting back at square one every season. People finishing Celestial aren't going to magically not get out of VT the following season. Making those people repeat the process just wastes everyone's time.
  • Options

artfvl said:

Which is why everyone shouldn't be starting back at square one every season. People finishing Celestial aren't going to magically not get out of VT the following season. Making those people repeat the process just wastes everyone's time.
    I'm not disputing that suggestion. Actually, I suggested the same as was mentioned here, separating Players in Brackets if it's a do-over every Season. Any form of a solution would be more reasonable. I just don't support matching anyone from top to bottom.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

artfvl said:

They could just kick start accounts based on progression title, or even better, last season’s placement.
    The only thing is sure, is that matchmaking should be TOTALLY RANDOM, within same tier of course.
    Any other parameter added to matchmaking, is matchmaking manipulation, like sandbagging was.
    During sandbagging players were manipulating system to get easier matches, now Kabam algorithm manipulates the system and gives easier match ups in lower accounts.
    It’s about the same situation, if not worse.
    Both systems are unfair, but in the case of sandbagging players at least, had some kind of control, while now they can’t do anything more other than keeping prestige as low as they can.
    Something very obnoxious on a progress based game.
    Ironic is yesterday, Kabam was sending at game Email 6* signature offers 😂😂😂
    Who intends to buy Prestige, apart from top AQ ally players and players who still ignore how BGs VT works, during this situation?
    Prestige matchmaking complaints post will appear more and more as the time pass, when more Paragon accounts realise what’s happening:
    Lower accounts are stripping off them their rewards 🤭
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    They're not manipulating Matches. They had to intervene because people were. Which they do at every turn they get.
    There is more than just one side to this. The scoring is the same for everyone. If people who are allegedly stronger, and claiming others are getting easier Matches, why aren't they winning their own? Seems to me like people want what they call fairness when it benefits them, but not when they have to have the same success rate with what they're bringing.
    If people focused more on winning their own Matches instead of passing judgment on the Matches of others, they might have more success.
    I really don't have a dog in the race either way. I play casually, and I'm fine wavering between Bronze 1 and Silver 3. My concern is for fairness, and not just "Gold stars for everyone.". I mean a fair contest for as many sides as possible.
    People play until their skill plateaus, or they reach the top. That's how competitions work. No question. It's not that simple when you have a Matchmaking system that pairs you with Champs that vastly overpower your own, making the Damage you inflict much lower than the opponent. You have a couple minutes to lose as little Health as possible, inflict as much Damage as possible, and measure that against your opponent's results. When the Damage you can do is altered to a certain degree, and your opponent is increased to a certain degree, that affects the results. When that's a possibility, you need some kind of mitigating factor until the results reflect the ability. Not just because "We spent more time on our Rosters, so we earned the right to slaughter them.".
    You can't have the argument both ways. Either Roster counts or it doesn't. I just think the contradiction needs to be pointed out. I want what's best for everyone. Not one or the other. Not perfect, but as reasonable as is possible. Anarchy starting out is not reasonable.
  • Options
    Also, no one is being stripped of Rewards. There are Milestones for every Tier. We buy what we want in the store. Most people are playing to earn as much Store currency as they can. Not everyone is playing for the Leaderboard.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Also, no one is being stripped of Rewards. There are Milestones for every Tier. We buy what we want in the store. Most people are playing to earn as much Store currency as they can. Not everyone is playing for the Leaderboard.

You can twist it as much as you want, but the fact remains the same:
    Smaller accounts are stripping bigger accounts rewards due to Prestige matchmaking.
    It’s not their fault and I’m not accusing them for getting the “easy” rewards.
    It’s the matchmaking’s fault and as a result Kabam’s fault, for allowing it happen for nearly a month already.
    Seeing my alt small Cavalier account getting ranked rewards with ease, while my main big Paragon account having hard time at gold3, feels and it is, stripping off.
    No matter how you twist it, that shouldn’t be happening.
    Where is my personal “skill plateaus” according to you?
    Is it at G3 or at Gladiator Circuit?
    There is no specific plateaus as it is, because the smaller account gives an obvious advantage, while the opposite should happen, as happens in every other area of the game.
    Bigger account should give an advantage, not a disadvantage.
    To incentivise people to play or pay to progress.
    To keep the game and as a result, this business running.
    I’ve got news for you.
    Whether you like or not matchmaking will change, because the game is primarily a business over anything else.
    Sooner or later it will happen.
    Mark my words 😉

• Options
    So why exactly is it your Paragon Account isn't making progress then?
  • Options
    (Not even getting into how a Paragon Player on a Cav Account isn't a testament to a Cav Player on a Cav Account.)
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 28
    Same prob , but I'm TB with only one r4.
    G1 now ,fought a lot of stacked paragon accounts ,i got some wins but its hard .
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,327 ★★★★★

I think at this point you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Over multiple threads people have explained to you in several different ways and yet here you are asking the same question again and again.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

I think at this point you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Over multiple threads people have explained to you in several different ways and yet here you are asking the same question again and again.
    I'm not asking the same question again. I'm asking you, why is it you're not progressing in your Paragon Account.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Graves_3 said:

I'm not asking the same question again. I'm asking you, why is it you're not progressing in your Paragon Account.
    Because paragons have to face among the strongest accounts in the game every single match starting in bronze 3. Trying to keep winning 3+ in a row against top accounts and all above to exceptional players is far from easy.

It's something you just can't understand because your so far from it and your speaking on something you can't relate to. You don't fight the best or even that strong of accounts because that's where your at.

I have no problem with fighting top accounts and top players, but having to win against them so many times in a row every single fight starting in bronze 3 just to make it out of the veg inning bracket is ridiculous.

All previous deasons I got into GC in first week and finished high in GC. This time, I just barely got out of victory track yesterday while UC and Cav have been there for weeks.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    And THIS is the other end of the garbage matchmaking. They let low players in tiers WAY too hard for them and they get stuck, which sucks.

I went 20-2 from Diamond 2 to GC and faces a number of 12-13k accounts that has zero medals.

Matchmaking is AWFUL for everyone eventually.
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

Because paragons have to face among the strongest accounts in the game every single match starting in bronze 3. Trying to keep winning 3+ in a row against top accounts and all above to exceptional players is far from easy.

It's something you just can't understand because your so far from it and your speaking on something you can't relate to. You don't fight the best or even that strong of accounts because that's where your at
    I understand completely. You're complaining that people are making progress with the Matches they're getting, but your Main has hit a plateau and you're blaming lower Accounts. Didn't want to say it in such direct terms, but since you insist on me not knowing what I'm talking about, it's best to just spit it out. Sounds to me like the issue isn't the lack of skill for the lower Accounts, seeing as how that has no effect on how you do in your own Matches.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Why does a TB who's played for 6 years and has ZERO experience playing end-game AW or BGs try to tell those who have what it's like? And then arguing with us when we point out that he's wrong?
  • Options
    If a Title in the game was a measure of intelligence and the ability to understand how complex systems work, we'd all be in trouble.