**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What champs helped you the most in this season of battlegrounds

BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
With the season of battlegrounds coming to an end. Which champs was the most helpful for you, also which champs did you find surprisingly helpful, and which champs did you find surprisingly underwhelming?

Hulking: I found him to be honestly amazing as always he's definitely worth that r4 title and I know he's no galan but he still kicks but even though he got banned 3/4th of the time

HTD: I got him to r2 shortly after the season started. I thought he would be an amazing defender since he starts with armor, but I found I didn't use him as a defender once and always found myself using him as an attacker. Once he stacks that fury up he's an absolute beast.

Wiccan: I found him to be disappointing, I'm not saying he's a bad champ. I found him to be bad for this node his neutralize doesn't seem to last long enough. Plus if the defender is a little to defensive he will lose the neutralize and how you also couldn't you use him for the first week of the season brought him down for me too. Or maybe I'm just bad at playing him.

Comments

• mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 112
    Most Helpful: Nimrod for defense. I am shocked that he wasn't banned more often, but I have used him quite a bit.

Surprisingly Helpful: Venom. Mine is only R2, and I didn't run him last season. He isn't the fastest at takedowns, but just slow, steady, and easy armor breaks. In particular he does well against Omega Sentinel, who I run into often.

Surprisingly Underwhelming: Hulkbuster, who I thought would be a great attacker. Granted, he isn't a champ I normally use, so perhaps I just need to play him more to understand his rotation and timing.

PS - Yea Hulking is awesome. I rarely get to use him as he's just an auto ban for most people, but when I do get to draft him he just nukes down defenders.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Vision Aarkus, Kingpin, Omega Sentinel, King Groot.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I'll try to mention the not so obvious ones.

Most helpful
    Howard the Duck
    KingGroot
    Namor
    Sasquatch
    Toad
    Bishop
    Ebony Maw

Underwhelming
    Hulkling (sure he's good but a 5* r5 doesn't have enough damage sometimes)
    BWCV (Again a 5* r5 cannot do enough damage to r4 champs)

As for WICCAN, I totally disagree. He's a nightmare for the cosmics and I even trapped opponents with him on defense if they selected way too many cosmics. He can take down Korg with the right skill, plus anyone else who's not immune to neutralize.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Most helpful
    Howard the Duck
    KingGroot
    Namor
    Sasquatch
    Toad
    Bishop
    Ebony Maw

Underwhelming

As for WICCAN, I totally disagree. He's a nightmare for the cosmics and I even trapped opponents with him on defense if they selected way too many cosmics. He can take down Korg with the right skill, plus anyone else who's not immune to neutralize.

As someone who has both Hulkling and Claire as R4s, their rank was your problem. Both have been absolute studs for me this season.
  • BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Most helpful
    Howard the Duck
    KingGroot
    Namor
    Sasquatch
    Toad
    Bishop
    Ebony Maw

Underwhelming

As someone who has both Hulkling and Claire as R4s, their rank was your problem. Both have been absolute studs for me this season.
    Absolutely agree don't have Claire at r4(currently r3)but she's helped out more then doom tbh
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    We still have another week…? And a 4th meta…?
  • JMC2007JMC2007 Posts: 42
    Ever since I r3 valk, she has been killing it in BGs always coming out with 100 percent health
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    The good:
    BWCV: the first and last time I took my Galan against BWCV really showcased how awesome she is. She can show up as a last minute defender when all hope seems lost. On offense, turning Defenders' strengths into weaknesses is so great. The Buff Immunity from SP2 and the decent amount of hits in her SP2, made it fairly easy to just ignore the node entirely.

Sasquatch: He was pretty great for me on Offense, as his Stagger from heavy lasts a long time, and can stack so it was pretty stressfree. I actually rarely used him as a defender, but the threat of him always caused the opponent to waste a draft pick to counter Sasquatch. So that is a win-win right there.

The disappointments:
    Rintrah: The node was bugged in the early part of the season (charges staying at 10 with Neutralize on instead of resetting), so that wasn't great for him. Even after it was fixed, the Neutralize from his attack never lasted long enough to correlate with the Armor buff at 10 charges. I'd commonly get to 8 charges but then the Defender when start behaving passively enough that my neutralize would fall off, and invariably would always not be lucky enough to have a Neutralize proc' on the 8 or 9th hit. On defense, he would be easily countered by the opponent's draft pick.

Titania: I am not the best Titania user, so it never felt simple enough to maintain Stagger and balance the Haymaker timing. If I practiced more I probably could have gotten it.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 442 ★★★
    Longshot
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    BabyMiike said:

With the season of battlegrounds coming to an end. Which champs was the most helpful for you, also which champs did you find surprisingly helpful, and which champs did you find surprisingly underwhelming?

Hulking: I found him to be honestly amazing as always he's definitely worth that r4 title and I know he's no galan but he still kicks but even though he got banned 3/4th of the time

HTD: I got him to r2 shortly after the season started. I thought he would be an amazing defender since he starts with armor, but I found I didn't use him as a defender once and always found myself using him as an attacker. Once he stacks that fury up he's an absolute beast.

Wiccan: I found him to be disappointing, I'm not saying he's a bad champ. I found him to be bad for this node his neutralize doesn't seem to last long enough. Plus if the defender is a little to defensive he will lose the neutralize and how you also couldn't you use him for the first week of the season brought him down for me too. Or maybe I'm just bad at playing him.

You were using Wiccan wrong!! Just put him on defense and it’s a guaranteed win. Whenever I faced Wiccan in BG’s my game crashed and I lost. To the point that I was banning even a 6r1 Wiccan and leaving r4 champs.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    Apart from the usual suspects

Kingpin
    Black widow Claire Voyant
    Magneto
    Venompool vs annoying techs
    Sym Supreme
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Claire was my MVP

Hulkling was very useful but he still R2 so against R4s i would timeout

Since i dont have Galan, i was always ban him lol

The most underwhelming was OG SW, sometimes the RNG didnt kick in to nulify armor buffs

The most underrated was Hood, helped me get a bunch of kills
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,918 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

We still have another week…? And a 4th meta…?

Another week of this meta for those of use stuck in victory track
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Civil Warrior, Warlock, and Inf Ironman on defense. Annihilus, Longshot, and Stark Spidey defense

Defense are all annoying and spawn with Armor ups

Offense, Longshot punishes buffs, Stark Spidey packs a heavy punch and usually wins fights in 20 or less hits, and Annihilus armor breaks so frequently you don't have to worry
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    my best champion was my will to not participate lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Wiccan and Sym Supreme.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Diablo. If you know, you know.
  • Chungus_L0rdChungus_L0rd Posts: 35
    Venom pool
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,400 ★★★★★
    Hulkling
    Galan
    HtD

Underwhelming
    Herc
    Black Cat
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    For defense:

Havok, Thing - Many bring attack champs to counter their abilities forgetting the need to counter the nodes

For offense:

Falcon, AA - need we say more?

Underdogs

SW (classic), Ultron - one base on chance (to regen) and the other base on health state (to regen)...
  • Bwcv, galan, nimrod and sersi.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Surprisingly, (maybe not considering the kit and meta) masacre, I haven't actively drafted him over better attackers but he has worked well when required.

Falcon has been very good also, I took mine to R3 after seeing Thing get bullied by him every time I put Thing down as a defender the last two seasons.

I've timed out a lot with quake but haven't lost many rounds.

BWCV has been awesome.

Venom and KG have put in work also.

• Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 498 ★★★
    Most Helpful:
    1. King Groot
    2. Falcon
    3. Longshot
    4. Magneto
    5. Galan

Surprisingly Helpful
    1. Hulkbuster
    2. Warlock
    3. Sorcerer Supreme
    4. Domino

Underwhelming:
    1. Omega Sentinel (on attack only)
    2. Rintrah (neutralize just didnt work properly)
    3. Red Goblin (ranked for his immunity but that ramp up damage was disappointing, he never KOef opponents in time).
  • TheFladhTheFladh Posts: 12
    JMC2007 said:

Ever since I r3 valk, she has been killing it in BGs always coming out with 100 percent health

I totally agree. My rank 3 valk kills in it battlegrounds
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Knull was by far my MVP. Kingpin a close 2nd. I used Claire for any and every collosus and Falcon obliterates thing (and he can be used in a pinch vs basically anyone)....For me it was more about picking out matchups with everyone except knull and sometimes kingpin (he'd prob been my mvp if I had more than a r5)...

Defensive surprises....toad (people still don't understand him and I watch 4/5 people try to fight him with archangel for some reason) ....if I don't see a falcon almost 90% of people still struggle with thing .....Mysterio also was a surprise. He's nothing special but his sp1 just keeps people waiting around 3-4x a fight as very few people brought him down clean