**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is King Groot’s Sp2 doing so little damage?

This fight is in Gladiator Circuit
Power shield meta.

Comments

• ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Power shield meta.

Did you do a heavy before the special to take off the damage reduction?
  • UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 197 ★★

Power shield meta.

Did you do a heavy before the special to take off the damage reduction?
    I did. You can see Nimrod has only 3 Flux charges. Even without Power Shield, the burst damage would be over 15k.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Coppin said:

Maybe cause its more of a poison dmg sp and Ninrod is poison immune?...

It is direct damage, not poison damage, and it is tripled against robots.

To the OP, my best guess is that the direct damage of the SP2 is not actually increased by power shield because it is not the special damage itself but is damage that interacts based on special damage being dealt (I’ve seen it work that way with other champs), but it still deals damage in general because it takes place during the special attack. So what you’re seeing is the secondary damage reduced by the interaction with flux dispersal from what it would normally be. However, with 5 furies and only 3 flux charges it should still be much more damage, to your point probably around 10k or more per hit. Something is definitely bugged.
    Meanwhile my r4 4*KG without power shield…

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    Not just KG, looks like hulkling and galan are not benefiting from power shield
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    I can say from my experience, Flux dispersal interacts oddly with KG's sp2. I noticed it myself on map 6 Flux dispersal path. I would heavy to get them all off, then parry sp2 and it would do very little damage. This is with an R4, who I use very much and am very familiar with.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Some champs aren't benefitting from power shield
    I took KG for a Nimrod fight thinking this is an easy win but ended up losing the match
    Had to remove KG from my deck immediately after that
    And looks like CGR isn't getting the benefit either
    There are some other champs as well who aren't getting power shield multiplier on their specials
    Even without Power Shield the burst damage should be much higher than that.