Tell me . Toad has some unmentioned ability

booscka2536booscka2536 Member Posts: 2,662 ★★★★
For context bg's round 2 my r3 hulkling v a r3 toad( I think)

I had destroyed toad the whole fight done my hits into block threw my sp2 went in to finish him (on 3% hp ) I was at full health mid combo he activates a sp3 HUH WHAT ..... I was still alive tho it broke me I let him combo me an finish it . Bg bugs are getting beyond a joke

Comments

• OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★

The part you are looking for is in Toad's signature ability:

Gain a passive prowess whenever poison fails to apply due to immunities. At 10 stacks apply a passive stun for 2 seconds.

I suspect he hit ten in the middle of your combo and launched the special 3 without letting you see the stun start.

Except it specifically says the stun can't interrupt a special attack
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,351 Guardian
    Ortoun said:

The part you are looking for is in Toad's signature ability:

Gain a passive prowess whenever poison fails to apply due to immunities. At 10 stacks apply a passive stun for 2 seconds.

I suspect he hit ten in the middle of your combo and launched the special 3 without letting you see the stun start.

Except it specifically says the stun can't interrupt a special attack
    He was mid-combo, not mid-special
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I think I might have had a similar issue when facing an opponent in BG. I think it was Domino but I'm not sure; the point is that whichever champion it was, they shouldn't have had any power gain.

What happened was that I had just completed a combo that left my opponent close to their SP3, and as I backed away to bait out their special 2, their power somehow ticked over to an SP3 and they threw it.
  • OwenLeeOwenLee Member Posts: 5
    Oh yeah, i’ve encountered all these unexplained power gains too many times. And not just this, AI intercepting you at the most unexpected moment, or their sudden increased movement speeds to the highest level and kill you with crits all the way. Honestly the best explanation for these moments is simply that ‘you’re just meant to lose this match or your opponent has what i call ‘the higher ground’(meaning they’re at an advantage). These usually happen either when you’ve won the previous match so the game is tied up for a third, or your choice of matchup(eg using Skill vs Mutant) is too bad compared to opponents. Welcome to BGs.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Ercarret said:

I think I might have had a similar issue when facing an opponent in BG. I think it was Domino but I'm not sure; the point is that whichever champion it was, they shouldn't have had any power gain.

What happened was that I had just completed a combo that left my opponent close to their SP3, and as I backed away to bait out their special 2, their power somehow ticked over to an SP3 and they threw it.

If it were Domino… did you make her bleed? If she purified that bleed she gains power.
    It's funny, that would explain it. Except...it doesn't. I was looking through my fight history and the only fight I've had vs. a Domino recently was with my Kitty Pryde, and she A) doesn't bleed, and B) won without taking too much damage, so that can't have been the fight. I must have misremembered which champ it was, but accidentally chosen a champion who has some power gain hidden away in her kit that I wasn't aware of.

So thanks for letting me know about that ability in her kit. It's not the explanation this time, but it saves me an explanation next time. I'm sure I would have found it out the hard way one day or another. :smile:
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Domino also gains (or has a chance to gain) extra power when she gets a Perfect Block (i.e. a block that reduces damage to 0). Is there a chance that this is what may have happened?