**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quantumania (Spoilers)

ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Didn't notice a thread yet for talking about the newest movie, so thought I'd make one for everyone so they can talk about what they liked or disliked and if anything they'd like to see added in game besides Cassie. Feel free to discuss.
Me personally, thought the movie was overall great. However, one thing I would change, is anything that had to do with modok. Just felt like it was a waste in both origin and design overall. Though perhaps I wouldn't be mad if we got a champ based on his battle mode look. I also would love to see a champ based on the character with the yellow energy head that blasts rays. Can't think of his name but there's the potential for nice special animations oh and one last thing, kang has arrived. I loved the portrayal and I can't wait to see more of him. That mid credits scene made me giddy with glee.

Comments

• Options
    The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    I loved George Lopez’s character!
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,016 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Didn't notice a thread yet for talking about the newest movie, so thought I'd make one for everyone so they can talk about what they liked or disliked and if anything they'd like to see added in game besides Cassie. Feel free to discuss.
    Me personally, thought the movie was overall great. However, one thing I would change, is anything that had to do with modok. Just felt like it was a waste in both origin and design overall. Though perhaps I wouldn't be mad if we got a champ based on his battle mode look. I also would love to see a champ based on the character with the yellow energy head that blasts rays. Can't think of his name but there's the potential for nice special animations oh and one last thing, kang has arrived. I loved the portrayal and I can't wait to see more of him. That mid credits scene made me giddy with glee.

It could REALLY be cool to have that champ with the yellow head
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    i want the pixar lamp guy in game

hated modok, didn’t like that wasp was sidelined for a pretty shallow interpretation of cassie, and i disliked how no one had any real character development
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    I had a good time watching it BUT ... i think they seriously missed the mark on Cassie. i get the whole "teenage struggle is real" so I guess they had to present typical daughter vs father tension but that's not at ALL who Cassie has been in the MCU when it comes to her father. she absolutely ADORES her father and even considering she's a teenager, i don't see how she would ever have a "tested" relationship with Scott.

but whatever .. i just think it would have served the movie better to continue on their relationship and just have them be in a great relationship without the teenage drama they forced into it.

she could have been his prodigy which they were building towards in all the movies prior. but they turned her into some rebellious teen which I didn't care for.

good movie though. i'm not into Kang as the new bad guy but it is what it is. i don't see any threat at all on the level of what a Thanos was.
  • Options
    I think some of yall are missing the point on Kang being a big threat. Solo one on one, Kang is beatable, as has been shown in comics dozens of times. But when his council gets together and he is able to control more Kang than you can count, some smarter some more vicious, that's when he shines.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I actually really enjoyed it and the post credit scene and mid im ready for the future projects cant wait to see more of majors where ever he is next
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,028 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

Marvel needs to dial it back and step away from politics and get back to focusing on telling a good story.
    I loved Stan Lee’s Marvel, I find Disney a source of cringe. I hope they get it together because shows like Echo, Agatha and Ironheart have fail written all over them. I’d rather see a great story about Loki without his superior female doppelgänger and another season of What-if.

If you think Marvel wasn’t *explicitly* political under Stan Lee, you weren’t paying attention. I can agree that the writing of some their political points could use some work, but to tell comics and their related media not to engage in political speech is like yelling water not to be wet.
  • Options
    Catmanndo said:

Trust me I saw the correlation, but emasculating the heroes I grew up with like Hulk, Thor, Antman etc is distasteful. I don’t think that was Stan’s vision.
    Im looking forward to Guardians and Deadpool 3, after that I’m left thirsty for good content…

Meanwhile, there are TONS of female characters that would put most male characters to shame. Just look at scarlet witch. They're called variants for a reason. They are also characters carrying on a legacy, adding to it.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Buttehrs said:

DrZola said:

Honestly I was glad I caught a whiff of the bad reviews beforehand. My expectations were managed, and I enjoyed the movie.

Not a big Cassie fan (found her annoying and shallow, but I don’t think Marvel does a great job of writing young characters onscreen like her or America). I am a big fan of Douglas and Pfeiffer, both of whom made banal dialogue sound important.

Bill Murray was fine but sort of wasted. And Kang was great except for the first after credits scene—not sure why every Kang decided to act like a bunch of idiots in the Council of Kangs arena.

Dr. Zola

I think the random kangs acting a fool was to show how some are very different from the well known variants and they will be a massive problem collectivley.
    I hope so. A villain who is able to exist in multiple timelines and travel back and forth to change events is a menacing and formidable force.

I was always hoping we would have an Ultron like the comics—one who always preserved a bit of his code here and there so he could come back again and again, each time with more knowledge and capabilities than the last. I’d kind of like to see Kang in a similar vein.

Dr. Zola
    TBH whenever I read a council of kangs story in the books they’re always bickering and there’s a grand showing of one upmanship bordering on the sublime. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but if that’s the same it would appear par for the course.
  • Options
    FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    So is kang in antman the main villain in the avengers movie or is someone else gonna be? They feared his powers and abilities but he got beat by ants. Also said how he killed all the avengers and thor but ants weakened him severely hmmm
  • Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    pretty bad honestly:
    bad writing, bad character progression, extremely cringe jokes, etc.

so... it's like most recent MCU content
  • Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 342 ★★★

Is it just me or should we have like a kang boss rush soon? Like multiple kang variants each with their own abilities like 7.3 and 7.4 back to back in a quest for crazy rewards?

Also I loved the movie, just wish ghost was mentioned in it, she's kind of a nobody now in the MCU.

I wouldn’t Kabam releasing a couple of Kang variants as playable characters next year in the lead up to the next Avengers movie.

As for Ghost…. Thunderbolts is coming next year… you should see her there.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 637 ★★★
    The kang variants at the end just took all the excitement from me. I think and sincerely hope that the main movie kang is still alive and comes back. The other variants don’t make me feel like “Thanos is coming”. Heck, even ultron was more intimidating with his jokes than those Kangs. I would take Avengers 1 Loki over those Kangs.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    It was a better Star Wars movie than episodes 7-9 .. Maybe Quantum Wars?

Jokes aside, i think it was a solid movie, slight better than the first, prob thanks to Kang, and way better than the second.. i did miss Luis tough :/

I didnt like the new Cassie actress tough, she felt forced, bad acting and awful lines, like the ones to Modok, "dont be a ****", like serioussly? -__- I feel for the Endgame actress

7/10 perhaps
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Kind of annoyed by the inconsistencies throughout the film.

Why is Kang so Strong and yet so weak
    Why do ants literally beat future time god
    Why don’t Kangs and MODOK kill or even hurt anything with plot armor
    Why does the wife/mom/grandmother have those grow rings in the flashback
    Why are the ant 20x larger when everything else scaled the same
    Why do the turrets literally have 0 impact
    And finally…

Why is MODOK

(About as good as sharknado)
    3/10
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    ^^This list can go on btw.
  • Options
    Hulverine_1Hulverine_1 Posts: 72
    DrZola said:

Honestly I was glad I caught a whiff of the bad reviews beforehand. My expectations were managed, and I enjoyed the movie.

Not a big Cassie fan (found her annoying and shallow, but I don’t think Marvel does a great job of writing young characters onscreen like her or America). I am a big fan of Douglas and Pfeiffer, both of whom made banal dialogue sound important.

Bill Murray was fine but sort of wasted. And Kang was great except for the first after credits scene—not sure why every Kang decided to act like a bunch of idiots in the Council of Kangs arena.

Dr. Zola

I also felt like Cassie was annoying
  • Options
    Maxwell2454Maxwell2454 Posts: 100 ★★
    Modok best Avenger fr
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,049 ★★★★
    God it was so awful. I was so disappointed.

Mutilverse of Madness and Love and Thunder were not good movies. But they had set pieces, stakes, and some good action. I honestly couldn't imagine Quantimaniua being worse then either of those, but it was by a mile. There was so much "story" - but none of it was good. There was no hero journey - Scott didn't do much and Hope did essentially nothing to the point where the actress said as much in interviews.

I could forgive some of that if the action was at least...good? But it wasn't. It was so much "running against green screen" that it looked so terrible and there was nothing memorable about it. Half the fun of Ant-Man is seeing action scenes from a different perspective - being super small, or using Pym discs to blow something up - this movie had none of it.

By the end of the film when Cassie became Statue and got "big" - it didn't even matter - it wasn't impactful. Because there was no scale. You're in the Quantum realm, everything is bad CGI, there's no perspective. So when she got "big" it had zero implications or impact. When they hugged it was supposed to be this big moment but it was just void of all of it.

I'm devastated Marvels got pushed back to November but if it even means the tiniest chance of a better movie, I'll take it. Clearly MCU cared about Wakanda Forever and has also put the same amount of effort into Guardians vol 3, but the same cannot be said about Ant-Man. Hoping Marvels at least gets better VFX with all the extra time.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Should have left scott, janet and cross in the quantum realm with kang...then opening of avengers 5.. let wasp and cassie find help from other avengers via hank pym of course... then end of avengers 5 wud have 2 battles with kang...1 in the quantum realm (most powerful kang) and 1 where the kangs in space (post-credit scene) invade earth...

Imagine...wasp, cassie, hawkeye, kate bishop, falcon, bucky, war machine heading down to quantum realm
    dr strange, wong + monastery, shuri + wakanda, shang-chi, iron heart, hulk, she hulk, kamala khan fighting other kangs on earth..

then this should open up side stories for ... loki, wanda and spiderman...