**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My Carina's Vol 3 write-up , by an *average? Paragon, as requested by Ghostboytjie

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,162 ★★★★★
@Ghostboytjie requested, so here it is. My write-up of Vol 3 as an average [if we call it that even] Paragon.
Notes: I'm in an alliance that switches between Silver 1 and Gold 3. Parry-heavy is my preferred playstyle. Unblockables are the worst because I constantly forget about them. I used a lot of links on the forum for help, which I'll post at the end with their headings. All champs are duped unless noted and 6* unless noted as well as being boosted with 30% green, 10% attack and 15% health. Revives are approximate and may be way off since I wasn't planning on keeping track. Thanos was the only one that I healed up on besides my one fight with Terrax. Only units that were spent were on the EQ Thronebreaker completion offer, and then the EQ Uncollected offer [and one 40 unit revive because I forgot to grab them on the stash and click the purchase button]

I used this guide as the basis for planning my initial strategies, then went from there.

Robots Herc r4 [switched to Nebula r3 at node], Dragonman r3, and Warlock r3.
I started at the top. I took the left side because that's what this guide said [someone posted it the first day]. A lot of people the right side it seems with robots, but then I couldn't use Herc due to Warlock. Without Herc, I don't think I could have done these challenges at all.

Herc with Herc: Build up Herc charges, reach immortality, die, repeat. 3 revives
Havok with Herc: Build up Herc charges, reach immortality, die, repeat. 2 revives
Warlock with Warlock: Tech 200% and 12% Boosted. This fight was horrible. I do't remember it being this bad during the regular season, but that's probably because I could restart as many times as I want. I had problems managing all of the timers and his infections. You need to disable his armor up to get crits. For me, that meant I had to have an infection on him at the beginning of my sp2 AND not have an infection on myself as that affected AA. Also, taking degen damage from his infections on his armor break and shock wasn't fun. I had a horrendous time managing that. I think it was 20 revives. I would watch videos on this on in particular.
Fury with Herc: Reach immortality and die. I tried to get him to sp2 with his charges and power lock him there. I don't remember his nodes. I got clipped when he went in his second life. I didn't try to attack him much in his second life so he would slowly drain his hp until reaching 30%. 1 revive.
SWITCH HERC WITH NEBULA
Modok with Nebula: Should have been easy, but as I said, parry heavy is my forte. The idea is to build up 5 charges so MODOK gets his abilities shut down. For whatever reason, I'd always land a parry, lose the charges and then get clipped by his sp1. I just couldn't dex it. 20 revives
Blade with Warlock: Just practice dodging his sp1 and don't push him to sp2. Warlock was nice since he degens him with infections so you don't have to worry about him recovering health as much. 3 revives
Terrax with DragonMan: Don't really remember this fight that much. Dragonman was good because of class advantage and dealing some minor damage when DM is experiencing armor break [which is pretty much the whole fight]. 4 revives
Thanos with everyone: Phase 1 actually took the most revives at 10 i think. DM was good because he has his power charge to gain his specials. When I would try hitting into his block, he'd always seem to attack me and I'd die. Hit him with a special, then parry and attack [my favorite]. Phase two. I'd dash back, then intercept to take off his reverse control by landing 4 straight light attacks. I didn't keep the bonus [I think it's 50% attack when reverse controls are active]. After they were off, I'd parry and attack. I could only dodge the last hit of his sp2 so I'd just block the first two hits. BE CAREFUL as once he reaches below 40%, my parry strategy doesn't work as he is now stun immune. 4 revives I think. For the last part, I used Dragon man. Build to a sp3 and intercept. when he has armor breaks on, launch sp3. I'd often get in a corner after his sp3 and would get clobbered. 10 revives I believe.

Dimensional Beings and Thunderbolt Herc r4 [switched to Chavez 5r5 at node], Chavez r4, and Ghost Rider r1.
I saw Pikolu post his run and realized it wasn't as far off from my robot run in regards to revives. I hated Thanos [Phase 1 especially] so I decided to combine the two.

Dormamu with Herc: Build up Herc charges, reach immortality, die, repeat. 2 revives
Bishop with Herc: Build up Herc charges, reach immortality, die, repeat. 2 revives
Crossbones with Herc: Try not to get to immortality until he has 3 fury charges. Get him to sp1 and throw it. It is easy to dex/avoid completely. Then intercept. Once you go immortal, just beat him up in the corner until you die. DO NOT PARRY or BLOCK as he regains his health. The few times I did that, I just exited the fight and restarted with 50% less health. 4 revives.
Overseer with Herc: Don't parry or throw sp2 if immortal as he nullifies a buff when stunned. I also didn't parry after throwing sp1 so Herc's true focus would stop his autoblock Overseer gains on his specials. I'd throw sp1 when able, get to immortality and die. 2-3 revives.
SWITCH HERC with CHAVEZ
Kraven with Chavez: My goal was to always get Kraven to sp2 since I can dex it and he doesn’t lay a trap. However, rarely could I get him to not throw his sp1. So it was often trading sp1 until I reached the corner. Since Chavez doesn’t have a good reach on sp2, I would try to throw my sp1 to deactivate his trap. 16 revives
Scorpion with Chavez: Thought this would be harder than it was. Since I can parry-heavy, the only thing I had to watch out for was Scorpion’s hit counter and making sure I didn’t fall to zero power. The zero power was pretty easy since Chavez gains power based on her dimensions, and the hit counter was easy since you can chain her heavy into it, and the heavy has 3 hits by itself. This was one of my favoritest fights. I was able to take 60% off in one run, which I was pleased with. 5 revives
Ikaris with Chavez: Should have been easier than it was, but since I like to parry heavy, I’d forget sometimes and then he goes unstoppable and nailed me. I’d bring him to 10 energizes, dash back during his specials, and charge my heavy while waiting for his special to finish. Chavez is nice since she was that large reach on heavy. Do NOT chain your heavy with light attacks since he goes unstoppable on passive stuns as well, which I also kept forgetting. 6 revives
Peni with Chavez: Stun and heavy attack. I tried to unlock as many dimensions as possible and get to a sp2 before Peni would kill me. I would stay close to heal up. I, just like the other bosses, could not get her to not throw her sp1 so she often built up spider-sense charges which would then lead to an increase chance in autoblock and kill me. I couldn’t get her shield down very well since Chavez doesn’t hit the hardest without buff on the opponent. 10 revives
Thanos with Chavez: See Thanos notes from first run. It’s pretty much the same strategy I used for every Thanos fight. Chavez was a little easier as I would try to open up dimensions as fast as possible to gain the increase in power. For Chavez, I also healed up for the last portion of the Thanos fight and would try to get to my sp3 before dying. With all 3 dimensions opened and an unknown amount of armor breaks on Thanos, I was able to get 18% off in one hit with the sp3.

Spiderverse Challenge: Herc [subbed for unduped r3 Spidey], r2 Miles, Spidey99 [for Thanos]
Herc for the first 4 again.
Kraven with Miles and Stealthy: I had to switch back and forth between them. I thought the fight would be easy, since Miles could go invisible on unblockable, but I kept getting trapped in his trap or rooted from staying far away. This would also mean I’d die before completing all of his missions [normally got one before dying]. For stealthy, I thought that if I applied the slow pre-fight, it would be easy once I knocked him down with a special. However, I had the same problem with his traps. Chavez I found easier because she had such wide range on her specials and my spideys didn’t to disarm the traps. This was another die and just take off chunks. 20 revives
Scorpion with Stealthy: Pretty easy. I think I did two fights with the slow pre-fight to stop his evade, and two with the debuff that increases critical rating. 5 revives
Ikaris with everyone: I tried everything with him. This was the worst. I couldn’t bait out his specials well, and I think I was only able to bait out 6 heavies for the entire run maybe. The strategy I went in with was get him to 5 energize buffs [more and his specials kill you unless you are a mystic], hit his block to get him to sp1, have him throw his sp1, dash back, hit with a heavy, repeat. It took forever, and I couldn’t do it consistently. So my strategy was rank up Stealth spidey to r4, intercept him with the a five hit combo that would apply the critical damage debuff, hit with another 5 hit combo, try to bait out a special 1, hit with my special one, then pin in the corner and attack until he killed me. If I was doing this fight again, I would bring Mystic Spidey and NOT Spidey99 or Miles [see Thanos note below as I know some may disagree]. 60 revives [and maybe more]

Peni with Miles and Stealth. I could get some missions complete with Peni, but I found Stealth Spidey just hit harder. So I applied the critical damage debuff, try to take down his shield, and once the shield was down, fire my sp1 to get the precision and fury going at the same time and just keep attacking until the shield came back up and I auto-block died. 9 revives
Thanos with everyone: I tried everyone. I brought Spidey99 since many people said he cheeses the fight. What they forget is that I stink with dexing to keep his debuffs going AND you need to get to sp2 to get the whither [I think. I actually just r5 my 5* and max sigged him for this without trying him much. My bad]. I would die well before that. He did have great power control the two times I pulled it off, but I died before I could take any real benefit from it. Miles was good because in camo mode he could dodge some of the specials that I didn’t accurately dex. I used everyone to use up my team revives. I thought Stealthy would be great for the end phase as I could apply the slow debuff, but the slow debuff didn’t stop the unstoppable. He would come back from his sp3 with the slow debuff and unstoppable [probably me not understanding something] so I switched to the critical damage debuff. The rest is the same as the other Thanos notes.

Mutant Brotherhood and A-Force/Alpha Flight: Herc [switch with r4 Scarlet Witch Classic], 5r5 SW classic, 5r5 Rogue [Didn’t use Rogue at all]
Herc for the first 4 again.
Kraven with SW: I pulled a SW classic two days before I was ready for this one so I was lucky. I also had a mystic gem that was sitting around, so I grinded BG to get her to sig 200 along with other stones I had [and I purchased the romance bundle that had the awakening gem and the 50 stones since they worked for her]. Pretty easy. Her power drain and lock seemed to work well, and she could easily nullify the unblockable so then I could parry-attack him. 10 revives
Scorpion with SW: Also pretty easy. Parry stun attack. Her random power gain/power drain helped a lot too. 8 revives
Ikaris with Scarlet witch: She made up for my power spidey run. Also had a solo but pushed him to sp2 and I though I could dex it. Nothing special here. 3 revives
Peni with Scarlet: Same strategy. Take shield down, then parry-attack. Try to push to sp2. 9 revives.
Thanos: Nothing special here. Just like all of my other takedowns. I spent 20 revives on Phase 1 for some reason. 40 revives.

I’ll post the links I used later because I didn’t realize how long this would take. So there you have it. I hope this helps at least one other sub-par, non KarateMike, Bero or Lagacy player out there.
So there you go @Ghostboytjie . I hope it helps somewhat.

Comments