**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

parry mid combo??

stephen8992stephen8992 Posts: 34
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
repeatedly the AI is somehow parrying me midway through my combo??? anyone else experiencing this?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• DeremusDeremus Posts: 134 ★★
    Yep. I've experienced it in war
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★
    I've gotten over it. Pretty close chucking the phone out the window.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    I've also had a defender throw a special in the middle of my combo. Ouchie.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    AI recovering super fast and parrying me when I would normally punish. Bad.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I stopped playing BWDO last year in any competitive game mode because of this, it’s been a feature not a bug since the update with EoP Blade. They sadly have shown that they don’t care through inaction. Instead we get “mission accomplished” banners
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★

repeatedly the AI is somehow parrying me midway through my combo??? anyone else experiencing this?

What champ were you using? Just curious.
    I have some experience too getting parried mid combo but I also know how it happened.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 301 ★★
    edited February 2023
    Remember, the AI has not been changed since, like, 2017. That's what we're being told every time after all so it must be true :)

Anyway came here to see if there is a thread about it, since I just might have lost my alliance a war due to enemy parrying me halfway through his heavy attack and what do you know, top of the board.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    I've had it happen but in my experience it's an autoblock that triggers parry, like omega sentinal for example when she gets so many armor ups it triggers an autoblock and bam you're stunned mid combo. I thought it was a bug the first time it happened but unfortunately it is working as intended.
  • Can you tell us what Champion you were using, and who you were fighting against when this happened? This sounds like a timing issue that could be related to the stun duration/recoil animation of a certain attacker or the defender themselves.
  • HMLewisHMLewis Posts: 46
    It's happened a few dozen times on multiple paths in thronebreaker difficulty of EQ, in AW using hit monkey against domino most recently, in battlegrounds, not much in AQ. It's also happening way more often in battlegrounds than any other facet.

So is the typical "light" tap now creating a dash back.

latest IOS, latest iphone.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★

Can you tell us what Champion you were using, and who you were fighting against when this happened? This sounds like a timing issue that could be related to the stun duration/recoil animation of a certain attacker or the defender themselves.

@Kabam Miike any champ with a 2 hit medium seems to have caused it for me. BWDO is risky as it gets in any content with masteries. But I’m also experiencing this with strikers and chaining a combo into a special attack. Sometimes in the middle of a special after the first hit connects.

Not sure if it is related but the AI on more than on occasion has hit me with a stun debuff not yet expiring. Just insane superhuman reaction time just a guess about it being related
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    HMLewis said:

So is the typical "light" tap now creating a dash back.

latest IOS, latest iphone.

That's your problem right there.

Iphone 14 Pro and Pro Max seemed to have had zero play testing time invested in them.
    I still own a 2-year old Android and prefer it.

Response to touch input on the latest iphones is markedly different to any other I've experienced when transitioning between phones. It can be both too sensitive and insensitive in the same fight. i.e. light creating a dash back, block turning into a heavy.
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 653 ★★★★
    edited March 2023

Can you tell us what Champion you were using, and who you were fighting against when this happened? This sounds like a timing issue that could be related to the stun duration/recoil animation of a certain attacker or the defender themselves.

Claire is the one that this happens more often, especially if i'm trying to change her immunity and then throw a sp2, the enemy will block even tho i'm pressing as fast as i can
    Redmi note 8 pro
  • ZolobacsiZolobacsi Posts: 91

They parry in mid their heavy too. That is definitely something.
  • stephen8992stephen8992 Posts: 34
    to answer multiple people I was using galan versus angela in a practice fight