**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Input lag issue

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of bug after bug after bug making this game borderline unplayable. Since the last update it appears like there is a temporary input glitch that is getting me killed all the damn time. Finish a combo in BGs? IMMEDIATELY get hit in the face by an unblockable defender because the system doesn't accept your back swipe IMMEDIATELY at the end of the combo! Try to use a striker to extend a combo to get to a special? Don't worry, the striker will just straight up miss and you'll kindly get smashed in the face and lose.

How can this be acceptable to keep putting out a game with in game offer after offer while the core mechanics of the game are broken this bad?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    In case anyone wants some video proof of the chaos. I'm on an iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.1.1 and a Google Fiber 1GB wireless network. It ain't my phone and it ain't my network. It's this game.

Display glitches, loading screens not even popping up, not letting me select my champ, completely disregarding inputs and me getting hit in the face (last fight multiple times), and yet somehow I actually WON this matchup 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

https://youtu.be/yCwxHr1e2Vo
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 64
    I agree with you about input issues, I've been having problems since the beginning. I have a updated phone and still have issues. Also I agree with the person who says just playing for fun will make the game more enjoyable even though it needs a massive amount of overhaul.
    If I could tell me back when I started, collect all champions in each * level and max them out .
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 781 ★★★
    I hope the cheaters that are stealing $$$ from this game or whatever they do, continues to do so, as the amount of BS that's happening, it just continues to happen.
    How's it possible after the defender completes it's combo, I rush in and my hit goes right through the defender just like a Hood doing an sp2? It's considered a miss and I get clapped as a reward. I got cheated of this nonsense input issues.
    If I'm getting cheated out of this fight, I'm fine with those cheaters getting away
  • Options
    DJ_SergyDJ_Sergy Posts: 40
    DrZola said:

You’ve been on here about as long as I have. I’ve experienced the same thing repeatedly since the big input fix of 2022 and I don’t believe there will ever be a fix for some of us. My new experience is 5-hit combos where the fifth hit doesn’t register and—surprise—I get clobbered once my champ stops after the fourth hit.

The answer for me has been simple: reduce playing time. Minimize frustration and lower the odds of throwing your phone at the wall by only doing what you enjoy in game.

Dropping BGs (disclosure: I’m in Diamond and only playing 2-3 matches at a time before deciding whether to continue) is a healthy start. I’m giving the game one restart and if that doesn’t resolve, I move on to something else. If BG freezes cause me to lose, I just walk away from that game mode and the game in general if necessary.

In my opinion, the only thing that gets a response is low engagement and/or low revenue—and not necessarily because the team doesn’t care (I think they do), but because there are so many things going on that it’s impossible to manage the amount of issues that crop up in a game of this complexity, and those two things are what bumps something to the top of their lists. In general, I just assume they are overwhelmed.

So keep your sanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results…that’s not sane.

Dr. Zola

This is exactly how I feel. Finishing this AW season just not to let my teammates down, then taking a break from competitive game modes. I also got a new phone (14 pro max) and inputs have not been optimized yet for this phone ( even though its been out for months) sensitivity is crazy, I can’t reliably dash back or block without my champ dashing in instead randomly, among other input and gameplay issues.

Like you say its just not worth getting frustrated over this specially since kabam doesn’t responds or shows any type of urgency in trying to get the input situation improved. Fighting mechanic is the core of this game and needs to be continuously optimized and improved, we have a “new beta input system” that its like a year old not sure why they not embarrassed they keep calling it “new”… the robot thing to help them develop this input system was just a total failure … Instead putting all their resources in optimizing the core game mechanics for a smother gameplay experience, they deciding to waste time developing something else like relics.

I’ll just do side quests maybe play BGs casual to check if input situation has been resolved, but if not I’ll be finally dropping this game. It’s been real y’all ✌️
  • Options
    Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    DrZola said:

You’ve been on here about as long as I have. I’ve experienced the same thing repeatedly since the big input fix of 2022 and I don’t believe there will ever be a fix for some of us. My new experience is 5-hit combos where the fifth hit doesn’t register and—surprise—I get clobbered once my champ stops after the fourth hit.

The answer for me has been simple: reduce playing time. Minimize frustration and lower the odds of throwing your phone at the wall by only doing what you enjoy in game.

Dropping BGs (disclosure: I’m in Diamond and only playing 2-3 matches at a time before deciding whether to continue) is a healthy start. I’m giving the game one restart and if that doesn’t resolve, I move on to something else. If BG freezes cause me to lose, I just walk away from that game mode and the game in general if necessary.

In my opinion, the only thing that gets a response is low engagement and/or low revenue—and not necessarily because the team doesn’t care (I think they do), but because there are so many things going on that it’s impossible to manage the amount of issues that crop up in a game of this complexity, and those two things are what bumps something to the top of their lists. In general, I just assume they are overwhelmed.

So keep your sanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results…that’s not sane.

Dr. Zola

Well said man and I can't agree more.

The 5th hit being dropped is one the most apparent problems I'm having right now alongside the swiping back not triggering dexterity. I've practically given up on BGs except for daily objectives and when game starts to go unplayable I do just like you say, I close the game and move onto something else. I really do hope they get to the bottom of these inputs but am not holding my breath.