**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pausing in Battlegrounds

2»

Comments

• RasenDouglasRasenDouglas Posts: 10
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

This last meta has really highlighted a huge issue with the scoring system in BGs. I for one have also been engaging in this strategy, so I wont pretend I'm some White Knight here, but pausing in battlegrounds is nonsense. I have been doing it to salvage my rank, but it makes absolutely no sense that I can try and get the opponent down to about 50% health save that 15k points and if I play well and have about 80-100 percent health finish the fight after sitting on the pause button with 30k points, while my opponent who plays honestly does when they managed to get down 80% of the defender and comes away with 18-20k points. Its a garbage feature (without a better term). We should be incentivized to finish fights and play the meta every week instead of just holding onto our points and taking a week off. I just don't understand the point of the pause button at all, in no other meta would it make sense to just pause for points. Kabam should just remove the feature entirely and let the fights run their course. If you don't win you don't win, you shouldn't be able to pause for points and if you do pause that should count as a health forfeit.

that's called strategy, it's part of the game. Now it's up to you to devise a strategy to combat this.
    See this is why Pausing should be removed.. so ppl that think this is a strategy can just take the loss and move on
    it's more fun to win and spam emotes on top of those who lost to this strategy. I particularly do it straight and I have a lot of fun. The more I imagine the person pissed off, the louder I laugh in their face.
    I doubt its more fun... I think its the only way u have to win and decided to call it fun just to lie a bit to yourself...
    I would even agree with you, but guess what, this pause strategy doesn't work in VT or in GC in week 3 of the unstoppables. So if I got to the GC still in week 3, it's because I have some skill, more than the crybabies here on the forum who come to complain about the current VT system.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★

FiiNCH said:

So what's your solution to put a stop to it? If you remove pausing, you remove it for it's beneficial feature as well. So do we just punish people for dying because they couldn't pause but had to sneeze or something?

Perhaps the devs can use some game awareness and not use nodes that promote a ‘pause to win’ strategy.
    That doesn't solve anything. No matter what the meta there's always an incentive to pause. If you accidentally push the oppoenent to an l3, or you get stun chained, or you get DOT, whatever
    When 16k points is higher than the average of most matches, then I think smth definitely not right about the meta
  • B4C0NB4C0N Posts: 8
    I think there needs to be a KO bonus of 5000 points. I also think that the game team needs better think out these node combos to discourage pausing to win.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    The problem is that in this meta, pause not only guarantees 15k points, but something substantially higher that guarantees wins against good legitimate players.

Take away 50% health, stay around 75-80% health and that's a total of 25k points.

The other thing I've noticed is that earlier it used to show actual match time and the pause time did not count. Example, if the opponent paused at 40 seconds, it showed fight duration 40 seconds, but now it shows the full fight duration and it's hard to judge if the opponent paused or not.

This pause button's gotta go, or degen should come on after 5 seconds of pause.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

This last meta has really highlighted a huge issue with the scoring system in BGs. I for one have also been engaging in this strategy, so I wont pretend I'm some White Knight here, but pausing in battlegrounds is nonsense. I have been doing it to salvage my rank, but it makes absolutely no sense that I can try and get the opponent down to about 50% health save that 15k points and if I play well and have about 80-100 percent health finish the fight after sitting on the pause button with 30k points, while my opponent who plays honestly does when they managed to get down 80% of the defender and comes away with 18-20k points. Its a garbage feature (without a better term). We should be incentivized to finish fights and play the meta every week instead of just holding onto our points and taking a week off. I just don't understand the point of the pause button at all, in no other meta would it make sense to just pause for points. Kabam should just remove the feature entirely and let the fights run their course. If you don't win you don't win, you shouldn't be able to pause for points and if you do pause that should count as a health forfeit.

that's called strategy, it's part of the game. Now it's up to you to devise a strategy to combat this.
    See this is why Pausing should be removed.. so ppl that think this is a strategy can just take the loss and move on
    it's more fun to win and spam emotes on top of those who lost to this strategy. I particularly do it straight and I have a lot of fun. The more I imagine the person pissed off, the louder I laugh in their face.
    I doubt its more fun... I think its the only way u have to win and decided to call it fun just to lie a bit to yourself...
    I would even agree with you, but guess what, this pause strategy doesn't work in VT or in GC in week 3 of the unstoppables. So if I got to the GC still in week 3, it's because I have some skill, more than the crybabies here on the forum who come to complain about the current VT system.
    You probably got a 12k prestiege account and had to fight cavs.. that's why u just pause and take wins now .
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★

It’s called ethics and sportsmanship. Maybe even talent. I hazard to guess anyone who feels the need to pause is weak in at least one if not in all 3 of these categories.

The problem is that in this meta, pause not only guarantees 15k points, but something substantially higher that guarantees wins against good legitimate players.

Take away 50% health, stay around 75-80% health and that's a total of 25k points.

The other thing I've noticed is that earlier it used to show actual match time and the pause time did not count. Example, if the opponent paused at 40 seconds, it showed fight duration 40 seconds, but now it shows the full fight duration and it's hard to judge if the opponent paused or not.

This pause button's gotta go, or degen should come on after 5 seconds of pause.

It’s disappointing to see the hide the pause approach from the game team. Definitely feel like an attempt to sweep it under the rug rather than address it.
  • DillonB92DillonB92 Posts: 1

Just made this post. Half a deck of 2* champs. He was stuck with two of them. So I knew I had the win. Threw the fight because it was good since Kabam had said they made changes to eliminate that. I lose and get **** over it and the exploitations continue.

I’ll accept my losses from my poor play or being outplayed by better players. Being able to approach a pvp aspect this way is horrendous.
  • AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 82
    Ravens20 said:

Pausing ain’t the issue as much as the nodes that encourages it, before this season pausing wasn’t a big of an issue as it is now. Kabam came up with the worst node combination ever that encourages players to do a combo then pause n hope for the best, I think before this season or this meta I had no issues with pausing most my fights was finish in good time so pause or not I’m good but now with this combination of nodes In GC it’s like u get some hits in pause n bam u finish with 17k plus health and the opponent finish n end with 11k but lost because you paused, I’ve lost a few fights I could’ve won if I paused so that alone let you know these node combinations are nonsense, next season please test node combinations and listen to players feedback before releasing.

Pause has always been an issue... Since there is a character like Fury or Mistic Dispersion... there has always been exploits... they don't guarantee a win... but is still exploit and shouldn't happen...

Like somebody said... it currently is a strategy... and, it absolutely, should not be
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Remove the pause button..I dont see why pausing is such a life changing need...
    "Oh what if my kid is choking on a cheerio"...
    Well if your kid is choking on a cheerio and all u think is about that match...yeah...u kinda have issues

Removing pause button does not work.
    Why not?.. u cant pause .. u had something come up u lose your match... Big deal..better than exploiting a loop in the scoring system...
    If u have to pause cause something came up.. that's on you... Exploiting the pause to score points that's on the system .. u remove the pause u remove the chance to exploit . And if u sneezed or your cat jumped on u.. that's on u..
    I put the game in background

FiiNCH said:

So what's your solution to put a stop to it? If you remove pausing, you remove it for it's beneficial feature as well. So do we just punish people for dying because they couldn't pause but had to sneeze or something?

Perhaps the devs can use some game awareness and not use nodes that promote a ‘pause to win’ strategy.
    That doesn't solve anything. No matter what the meta there's always an incentive to pause. If you accidentally push the oppoenent to an l3, or you get stun chained, or you get DOT, whatever
    When 16k points is higher than the average of most matches, then I think smth definitely not right about the meta
    It's not the meta. It's the point system
  • Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77

Ravens20 said:

Pausing ain’t the issue as much as the nodes that encourages it, before this season pausing wasn’t a big of an issue as it is now. Kabam came up with the worst node combination ever that encourages players to do a combo then pause n hope for the best, I think before this season or this meta I had no issues with pausing most my fights was finish in good time so pause or not I’m good but now with this combination of nodes In GC it’s like u get some hits in pause n bam u finish with 17k plus health and the opponent finish n end with 11k but lost because you paused, I’ve lost a few fights I could’ve won if I paused so that alone let you know these node combinations are nonsense, next season please test node combinations and listen to players feedback before releasing.

Pause has always been an issue... Since there is a character like Fury or Mistic Dispersion... there has always been exploits... they don't guarantee a win... but is still exploit and shouldn't happen...

Like somebody said... it currently is a strategy... and, it absolutely, should not be
    I mean i can understand that which is why i usually ban nick fury however I've never seen this many pause tread in the forums so it was an issue but it wasn't this big of an issue until now which as i said is due to the node combination, I've never lost a match before this meta because someone pause even if they're using nick fury most time i finish in good time so even with 100% health i win the match now u literally do 20 to 30% damage hit pause and finish with 25k points where someone fighting and finish a match with 20k points lose the round because the other person just pause and wait, what encourages this behavior is the nodes where its being overly abused in this meta where if i do 10 matches 7 of them will be pause as i said I've lost a few match where i know if i was one to pause i would've won easily, i would say 70% of matches can be won by just pausing that's just pathetic. I'm ok with the pause bottom what I'm not ok with is nodes that incentivize people that abuse it.
  • VeryViciousVeryVicious Posts: 30
    Wouldn't it be crazy if Kabam hosted a tournament and someone paused to get the W. I think they would have hated that.
  • TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153

Soooooo, If I'm reading this correctly your saying that the pause button should be removed when you your self have been using it?
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

I don’t know how often people are sneezing in their battlegrounds fights. They should definitely take away the pause option.
    not just sneezing, cause sometimes my wife kisses me while playing bg and I can't pass up on that gonna have to retaliate.
    at times I pick my nose and sometimes the kids ask for milk.
    but pausing a bg fight to take advantage is just non sense
    I had to paise today cause i got a call and couldn't even complete the round. Opponent probably thought i was abusing since i accidentally choose moleman against nimmy
    Theres lots of good and thoughtful reasons for why it’s there, but if those where the only times it happened we probably wouldn’t have community outrage about its manipulation
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    DillonB92 said:

Just made this post. Half a deck of 2* champs. He was stuck with two of them. So I knew I had the win. Threw the fight because it was good since Kabam had said they made changes to eliminate that. I lose and get **** over it and the exploitations continue.

I’ll accept my losses from my poor play or being outplayed by better players. Being able to approach a pvp aspect this way is horrendous.

Think that deck "stacking" is even worse than the pausing.
    Bugmat78 said:

DillonB92 said:

Think that deck "stacking" is even worse than the pausing.
    What deck stacking