**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

More fun & interactive AI … how is this possible?

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues

I dex the first medium, Kingpin takes a few steps forward, I prepare to dex again and then, BAM!

He throws a second surprise medium 2?

How is that possible?

I tried and tried and tried and tried and I am unable to do this.

Can anyone else do this?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★

Dex has definitely changed. You can easily see it in BGs when the defender in unblockable.

I've been thinking the same thing with this week 4 meta in GC. I find the window for a dex is different when the opponent is unblockable, I thought it was just me missing the dex at first but it's been consistently there
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★

THE AI SHOULD NOT HAVE THINGS IN THEIR KIT THAT ARE NOT IN OUR KIT. PERIOD. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT.

Remove it again Mike, go ahead.

I don't think they'll delete the post but probably will be ignored just like the 999.999 posts about the AI that has been ignored already, even with tons of constructive arguments =/
    No he deleted that exact comment I made earlier
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 659 ★★★★

THE AI SHOULD NOT HAVE THINGS IN THEIR KIT THAT ARE NOT IN OUR KIT. PERIOD. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT.

I don't think they'll delete the post but probably will be ignored just like the 999.999 posts about the AI that has been ignored already, even with tons of constructive arguments =/
    No he deleted that exact comment I made earlier
    Smh zzz that sucks
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    What's the issue here though? Kingpin does a medium, you avoid , a few frames later he throws another medium.

To replicate this you'd need the ai to avoid you hit and then stay back without retaliating so as to give you an opening
  • Options
    Once a medium is thrown , another dash within a certain time will result in medium 2 and not medium 1
  • Options
    Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    AI isn’t honoring the idle/walk mechanics… been happening for a good while now and I’ve captured it several time over the last 6 months. It immediately starts walking after a whiffed hit and what’s worse, is allowed to do the next hit in the combo sequence AFTER it starts walking which is what OP vid is showcasing. Like Morpheus said to Neo about the rules of a computer system… “Some rules can be bent. Others broken.” Only, the AI is Neo, not us. :D
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

this!!!

• Options
    ADDIS0N said:

Once a medium is thrown , another dash within a certain time will result in medium 2 and not medium 1

There is no dash between his medium attacks.
    Dash as in a swipe right.

As I said, to replicate this you need to get it in such a way that the ai avoids your first medium, gives you space to walk and then do a second medium. This is very hard to get i think since if an ai evades they usually retaliates or at least does not give you an easy in
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 659 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Hmm. This is an interesting one!

I've brought it to the engineers to see if they can sort out what's happening here!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Omg finally an answer about the IA that it's not blaming the input system, thank you so much for give us a bit of hope
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 779 ★★★
    Only in Kabam's fantasy world is this move possible.