**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Defender has 2 bars of power, was expecting an sp2 but got an sp1

WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★
Like the title says, this is in the current sq incursions and playing against gambit. Gambit was rushing forward and was expecting an sp2 (had 2 bars of power), but got an sp1, so I was surprised and mistimed it. I've seen this happen when on auto playing in lower in EQ contents. But don't remember defenders doing this when manually playing. Is this AI taking things further? Has this happen to anyone?

Comments

• InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★
    Nodes and Champion used as attacker?
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★

I don't remember a node that allows the defender to use a sp1 when it has 2 bars of power, unless I don't know about it. Have you seen this before yourself? Omega Red.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★

I don't remember a node that allows the defender to use a sp1 when it has 2 bars of power, unless I don't know about it. Have you seen this before yourself? Omega Red.
    Is this possible with "Rolling Thunder" node? Not sure myself.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★

Rolling thunder is when the defender raises Special Attack Damage by 10% for every 10 second(s) that pass.

What I dealt was when you see 2 bars of power of any defender, you're expecting an sp2, so with Gambit I was expecting him to swing his pole and dex once, but with a sp1, you dex twice for his swing and then his throwing card. It took me by surprised that AI is doing that. 2 bars of power and you get a sp1 is bit unexpected.
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★
    There is a node that allows the defender to use only special 1 or special 2. Thia node is in V8 and was used on SoP Darkhawk
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★

Rolling thunder is when the defender raises Special Attack Damage by 10% for every 10 second(s) that pass.

What I dealt was when you see 2 bars of power of any defender, you're expecting an sp2, so with Gambit I was expecting him to swing his pole and dex once, but with a sp1, you dex twice for his swing and then his throwing card. It took me by surprised that AI is doing that. 2 bars of power and you get a sp1 is bit unexpected.
    Oh my bad, I mentioned the incorrect node. I was refering to the one where the defender launches special attacks in sequential order (L1, L2, L3). Can't remember the name. Could it be that they'd launch an L1 despite having two bars of power?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★

Oh my bad, I mentioned the incorrect node. I was refering to the one where the defender launches special attacks in sequential order (L1, L2, L3). Can't remember the name. Could it be that they'd launch an L1 despite having two bars of power?
    No.
    Not surging vengeance either