**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

TB EQ much harder this month or is it just me?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 274
    Coppin said:

On a positive note u only need revives for EQ.. cause the ones for SQ are not the same

On a less positive note, the ones in sq you cant farm and need to buy, specially if youre doing sec 6

Sorry i saw your comment and had to lol

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,815 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Harder? No not really. Incredibly annoying? Absolutely.

That's just par for the course for their current content design philosophy though. Making anything difficult or punishing is super taboo now unless it's one of challenge content. Instead they just make their game annoying and frustrating to play. Seems like a wise choice...

This months EQ, along with modern content in general, continually just made to be as slow and annoying as possible was the final nail in the coffin for me with the game. I was already taking a break from top level alliance involvement but I'm just done with it all together.

I'm not sure who's leading the charge on content design philosophy these days, but to me it seems counterproductive to make your players hate playing your game. I'm not a game dev in any way shape or form but you'd think that making a game less fun to play would be a frowned upon choice, not something you triple down on over the course of a couple of years at least.

Ah well, I hope for Kabam's sake that enough people enjoy the recent garbage they keep putting out, or if they don't enjoy it, are at least more willing to put up with it than I am. I'm just tired of playing a game I no longer enjoy almost any of. BGs were keeping me at least sticking around but the total incompetence in making that even a functional mode let alone heaven forbid... fun, is just a bridge too far. So good luck to those more tolerant than I am and especially good luck to whoever is in charge of making game direction decisions with mcoc bc yikes.

Act 7 and 8, EOP, and Gauntlet were all fun though. Then there are the people complaining about stuff like act 7 being “too easy” so there’s no pleasing everyone

Act 6 was more of an annoying slog than anything else we’ve had in the game until it’s nerf. Content design in general has always been a mixed bag.
    I don't think anything after act 6 is fun at all. It's just longer slower EQ. That was actually the beginning of this move to annoying and slow over difficult content design. Outside the chapter bosses which actually are fun it's just grindy easy nothing.

Act 6 was actually difficult and every chapter that released I had to scout, plan, and make rankups to even be able to finish it let alone finish it easily. Now, I don't even scout paths. Just glance at nodes to look for anything that absolutely needs specific champs, toss in a team of nukes, and blast through it. I've come out of every chapter after Act 6 unit positive.
    I respect your opinion on that, but aren’t you contradicting yourself when you call the new content slow and annoying and then say you just blast through it with nukes? I think there are well designed paths in act 7 and 8, and the weapon nodes in act 8.1 made it really fun to tackle with certain champs.

Act 5 also just had general nodes that anyone could take, so it would seem like act 6 is the only one that even deviated from the norm. A lot of the paths in 6.4 are just “your damage is reduced by 95% unless you’re using a champ with (x)” though so I don’t consider that to be more engaging. 6.1 and 6.2 also just allow you to use the same general nuke options outside of certain quests and fights.

I think act 7 and 8 were a huge step in the right direction. I find most of the paths relatively easy too, but I think they’re fun at the least. I also think that you having most of the best champs at rank 3/4 definitely makes it way easier for you. 100% agree on the EQ criticism though.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

I don't think anything after act 6 is fun at all. It's just longer slower EQ. That was actually the beginning of this move to annoying and slow over difficult content design. Outside the chapter bosses which actually are fun it's just grindy easy nothing.

Act 6 was actually difficult and every chapter that released I had to scout, plan, and make rankups to even be able to finish it let alone finish it easily. Now, I don't even scout paths. Just glance at nodes to look for anything that absolutely needs specific champs, toss in a team of nukes, and blast through it. I've come out of every chapter after Act 6 unit positive.

Depends on your roster. Maybe use non-nukes for content and see if you feel the same? Maybe Kabam should start banning the top champs in new content for people with certain account sizes.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,393 ★★★★★
    I dont mind difficulty but we need more newer nodes like i can deal with all the class based nodes that help but i dont like the tagtical hashtag nodes as there the most boring to fight or doesnt make sense aka 2.2 it wasnt fun it was too tedious trying to make evade work for the damage increase i personally just want newer nodes every month than swapping them around as its just gonna be boring quest in 2 or 3 months time.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    For me all class nodes are annoying but that's mostly because I have a smaller roster. So chapter 3 was the hardest due to large health pools