**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI is Unbelievable.

AI is terrible.
Key to breaking the secrets of a game to every gamer is consistency. Games are puzzles. You feel rewarded when you solve them. They might cause the occasional head scratching or burst of frustration but a game is simply not meant to weigh you down to the point of depression and thats where I am due to the AI. Im a pretty decent player, not too stellar but not too shabby which is why it does my head in when simple things that shouldnt be a problem cost me matches. The AI intercepts like a stealth jet over international waters, intercepts my intercepts, intercepts backdraft, launching an SP should leave you on plus frames but if you try to attack you get intercepted, SP3 leaves your opponent on the floor but somehow the AI manages to recover and intercept before you complete your dash. This level of AI that seems to learn from your playstyle just to counter it is counterintuitive to what makes a game good. Its reminiscent of elitist games that take out the game difficulty selector, electing to force everyone into a hellish experience in the name of “gaming”

Comments

• FubbieFubbie Posts: 142
    Agreed on your points. I hope Kabam reads this.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited March 2023

Bruhh the light intercepts are ridiculous. 😭😭😭 then Ive also experienced the extra reach of AI. It seems like they game breaks its own mechanics sometimes.

This is exactly what is happening and to the OP’s point, what results in the irritating AF inconsistency in the game.
    To everyone blaming the AI, this is NOT the AI’s doing, it is only doing what’s it’s designed to do and exploiting what the game devs have coded and doing it with the precision of a computer! It’s unfair because we can’t hope to be able to exploit the fight mechanics with the precision it can and so in truth, this all comes back to coding practices and what the game devs have been pushing the game engine to do in order to make the game progressively harder. As one summoner so eloquently put it, if they don’t stop this madness we’ll soon be dealing with a Kobayashi Maru scenario, an unbeatable game.
  • DaJiveTurkeyDaJiveTurkey Posts: 72
    Kabam says they haven't touched the AI for years. If that's true it may explain why it's behaving a lot differently now. Everything needs maintenance. Maybe bugs have crept in over time or the code has degraded somewhat so to speak.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 779 ★★★

When AI decides not to throw a sp, and starting dancing back and forth with ya.
    It's mcod: marvel contest of dancing
  • shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Fubbie said:

Agreed on your points. I hope Kabam reads this.

They will read it and delete it