**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

WHY ARE THERE NO FANTASTIC FOUR CHARACTERS IN THIS GAME??? πŸ€”

I'm Sure This Has Been Asked A Million Times Already, But After Playing For 3 Years, I'm Just Curious As To Why They Haven't Been Added! The F.F. Are The Patriarchs Of The Marvel Universe, And It Would Be So Cool To Have Mr. Fantastic, The Invisible Girl, The Human Torch, And The Ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing In Our Line Up!!!

Comments

• penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186 β˜…
    i dont think they own the rights to use them but i could be wrong
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721 β˜…
    FF is currently in Fox's hands. Marvel doesn't exactly have the rights to put them anywhere especially in games. You can talk about X-Men, but their comics are so popular that it isn't possible to remove the X-Men from the comics. I'd say we can talk about adding the Thing and Human Torch, but other than that there's not really anything we can do.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yeah, it has been discussed ad nauseam. But there is a chance since Disney is currently trying to buy Fox Studios.
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114 β˜…
    Fox doesn't own them. They own their movie rights. The F4 and any character tied to them can be used in this game.. I mean we've got X-Men in this game. They aren't here because Marvel has put a boycott on them across all of their games. I remember when Marvel Heroes got ported to the consoles earlier this year and an article came out from Gazillion saying that Marvel banned then from using the Fantastic 4 and Silver Surfer after a certain time. They were in the PC version, but were told to stop selling them on the PC version. So yea. If this deal with Fox goes through, we could see them by end of next year... I hope.
  • Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 210 β˜…β˜…
    Fox had the rights to Blade, yet MCOC was still able to release him
  • Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 210 β˜…β˜…
    Maybe it's cuz the movies were so bad, they're waiting until a Marvel version comes out, which they anticipate might be somewhere down the road
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Why is there no search function in this forum!!!!!
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 β˜…β˜…
    Why do you capitalize the first letter in every word like that
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Marvel picks (or at least approves) who is added, and they don’t like FF currently.

Honestly, I don’t miss them. I only miss Doom.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2017
    Well, it's a long and sordid story. Lol. Constantin/Fox currently own the Movie Rights. They were awarded them by default due to a contract date not being met. Due to this, there has been a history of shaky ground concerning their use. Many games pulled them out, and some are still hesitant to use them because of the whole vibe between Marvel and Constantin (Fox). There are rumors of Constantin possibly liquidating and selling them back. For now, they still remain with them. Although the Movie Rights only belong to them, there is shaky ground. Plus the fact that MCOC usually accompanies contracts with Major Motion Picture Releases from Marvel, and without Movie Rights, this seems less likely to happen.
  • ColdriskColdrisk Posts: 7 β˜…
    Marvel will not do anything to help F4 popularity until they have the movie rights back. Fox has failed big time with them and has to continue making movies to keep the rights.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266 β˜…
    Why does everyone think they don’t have the rights. They don’t have the movie rights. Video games and comics they do. It’s why x-men comics and spider-man comics are still published. The reason is marvel are cry babies and won’t use them until they get the movie rights back.
  • Dhc volts right . They do have the game rights But they cant make movies out of them now. Marvel, before its studio division came to life used to license out there charachters. Licensing is not selling mind that.
  • Marvel has more than 5000 charchters and it cant bring them all to mcoc .
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Fox has movie rights of FF and xmen, but xmen are bigger and still make some money. However, Marvel has gone so far as to discontinue FF comics (for now) and not release as many xmen toys in an attempt to hinder any movies made to try and leverage their rights to get the movies back
  • GogetaGogeta Posts: 57 β˜…
    at least they could introduce dr doom and silver surfur
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Gambl0r wrote: Β»
    Fox had the rights to Blade, yet MCOC was still able to release him

actually, Blade was at New Line. Those rights have since elapsed after the TV show got cancelled.

Fox has all the movie and TV rights to X-Men and some merchandising rights.

Constantin Films have the F4 movie production rights. I believe Fox has TV rights and some other ancillary rights.

Fox had Daredevil and Elektra and they lapsed back to Marvel.

Universal had Hulk, but Marvel got them production rights back, but Universal still has distribution rights. Hence no solo Hulk film since TIH because why would Disney give Universal/Comcast money for nothing?

Deadpool's rights were with New Line (for some crazy reason he wasn't part of the X-Men rights), but were bought by Fox.

Sony/Columbia had Ghost Rider. Those rights lapsed back to Marvel.

Sony has Spider-Man, but cut a deal with Marvel to allow Marvel to make the films and Sony to distribute.

Sony has a bunch of Spider-Man related characters, hence why they're making Venom and a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie called 'Silver and Black' and they're looking at making a Morbius movie allegedly.

Lionsgate had the rights to The Punisher. They've lapsed back since Punisher: War Zone.

Namor's rights are said to be 'complicated', but some have lapsed back.

Black Widow, Deathlok, Captain America and a bunch of others were at various studios, including Columbia and Paramount but lapsed back.
  • Mike27Mike27 Posts: 2
    Marvel Contest of Champions Upcoming Champions
    Fantastic 4
    Alpha Flight
    Excalibur
    Winter Guard
    Tigra
    Captain Britain
    Guardian
    Sif
    Enchantress
    Valkyrie
    Executioner
    Fandral
    Volstagg
    Hogun
    Mysterio
    Namor the Submariner
    Human Torch
    Mr.Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    Thing
    Silver Surfer
    Doctor Doom
    Super-Skrull
    Shuma-Gorath
    Blackheart
    Daimon Hellstrom
    Satana
    Whirlwind
    Werewolf by Night
    Living Mummy
    Man-Thing
    Frankenstein Monster
    Morbius
    Mocking Bird
    Emma Frost
    Shanna
    Ka-zar
    Sasquatch
    Nighthawk
    Power Princess
    Nova
    Selene
    Sebastian Shaw
    Living Monolith
    Havok
    Ursa Major
    Red Guardian
    Warpath
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ff4 sucks
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ff4 sucks

thank you for your time.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2018
    Darn shame that Thing and Torch aren't the Rock and Fire guys in this game. Korg is a cheap knockoff.
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • New FF comic run starts next month, so they may end up coming pretty soon.