**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

KO if opponent launches SP3 at end of Battlegrounds match

I have ran into this situation many times. The opponent launches SP3 with seconds remaining. The SP3 gets skipped and I have zero health. If the SP3 actually finished, I would still have much more than zero health. Not complaining. But with the conflicter node it's easier for the opponent to get to SP3. Is this by design?

Comments

• LordIgorekLordIgorek Posts: 60

Yeah it's bs because if you use a sp3 at the end it cuts out when the timer ends and doesn't do the rest of the damage in the attack. But if the opponent uses it you cop all the damage from it even if it cuts out. That's simply unfair

That's not true- even if i fire sp3 at the end,all damage is implemented on the opponent.

As to the original post- usually sp3 kills you in bgs, especially in this meta. All damage from sp3 is thrown at you, but there isnt any extra damage for throwing it at last second. If you are ko'd - you would be ko'd after it finished and there is still time.
  • Asim38Asim38 Posts: 135

Yeah it's bs because if you use a sp3 at the end it cuts out when the timer ends and doesn't do the rest of the damage in the attack. But if the opponent uses it you cop all the damage from it even if it cuts out. That's simply unfair

That's not true- even if i fire sp3 at the end,all damage is implemented on the opponent.

As to the original post- usually sp3 kills you in bgs, especially in this meta. All damage from sp3 is thrown at you, but there isnt any extra damage for throwing it at last second. If you are ko'd - you would be ko'd after it finished and there is still time.
    Actually even champs whose SP3 does not do much damage (e.g. Sasquatch) will KO you if you are at 100% health. But if that same champ was to hit you with an SP3 during the fight, you would lose maybe 20-30% health. There is a big difference. The same rules do not apply to other areas of the game like AW or AQ so not sure why it happens in BG.
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 513 ★★★
    Asim38 said:

I have ran into this situation many times. The opponent launches SP3 with seconds remaining. The SP3 gets skipped and I have zero health. If the SP3 actually finished, I would still have much more than zero health. Not complaining. But with the conflicter node it's easier for the opponent to get to SP3. Is this by design?

Kabam don't care. You gotta live with it
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    BG Defender SP3 does damage even when the timer runs out because it is probably trying to prevent the Pause tactic. That much is understandable.

BG Attacker SP3 doesn't do damage when the timer runs out because ... the attack didn't complete in time. Same thing as if you do any other basic attack or special right before the timer runs out. If you didn't actually manage to connect with the complete hits before the timer runs out, the remaining hits don't do any damage.

This is pretty consistent. I don't know about AW, but in AQ if the time runs out you're not credited with damage you would have done if you had more time.
  • AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Asim38 said:

This does make sense, id still much rather to be able to throw a sp3 at the end and finish the fight since that occurs more than the opponent going to a sp3 (i am aware the node was conflictor) but it does make sense since the animation dosent finish you'd technically have more health left.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,204 ★★★★★
    Why comment on an old BG meta thread?
  • AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★

Why comment on an old BG meta thread?

I was browsing

And its only 2 months'ish old, id say the topic itself is hardly irrelevant