**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BGs seriously makes me want to quit the game

I know I’m not alone in this either. With the Global buffs Kabam has in place, you’re going to take some block damage, it’s inevitable! I do realize that there are some fights where you’re going to finish a fight with almost 100% health, but not most of the time!
On nearly all my losses in BGs just the past few days alone, my opponents are finishing their fights with 98-100% health and against my 6* R4 defenders included! It’s IMPOSSIBLE to finish with 100% health against most R4 defenders unless you happen to get a dream matchup, but that’s rare. You’re going to take some kind of block damage at least.
Now I’m not saying these people are cheating, but there’s definitely something weird going on, especially when the input system isn’t even close to 100% either. At least every other fight my evades don’t work in fights, but for my opponents to have a perfect fight every match and finish with 100% health, no, calling bull**** on that.
I’m frustrated to the point of seriously quitting this game because it’s just not fun anymore. I can’t even get out of the Silver Circuit…

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Just do it for the 48 hour objectives my friend,..and spam arena for units in between…optimal way of balancing your time and getting the best rewards of both game modes 😉
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    …but you don’t need to quit over battlegrounds.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Play something else for a bit, go for the objectives in a couple days
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Hopefully they will have a bit better solution to rank climbing in the future. So much is left to luck in metas like this. I also have had little success this season. A lot of my loses are decided by a couple thousand if not hundred points. While it is nice to go up in levels there are still gains to be made by just picking up a couple wins here and there and completing matches. I disagree with a lot of what kabam tries to say is balanced and fair but this is one of the few areas in the game where even if you lose, you can still get some decent stuff with the tokens you earn by just playing.
  • PHILLYB781MAPHILLYB781MA Posts: 41
    If I didn’t have suicides on, there’d be times I’d finish with almost all of my health. I mean there could be situations where someone inflicts a bleed or poison on a champ like Omega Sentinel & they’ll just heal up from that. Kitty phases & almost any good Kitty player finishes with full health. Share some of your match stats Next time.

I do agree with you on the being frustrated part, about being stuck in Silver. I was stuck in Silver for a week & going on 5-8 loss streaks, but it’s oddly gotten a lot better. I don’t rank too high, but 3 seasons ago I was in the Circuit within the first week. The last two seasons, it’s taken me 3 weeks to make it.

On a side note, I couldn’t agree more with everything you said!! @DeaconVelvet
  • Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 159
    Yea, Im with ya. Between the AI being complete trash (I just got parried while the AI was rooted!!! Thought they could only throw heavies?!?!?) and the modders, this is just terrible anymore.
  • TragicTragic Posts: 16
    edited March 2023

100% against a r4 nimrod 🥲
  • PHILLYB781MAPHILLYB781MA Posts: 41
    That’s impressive @Tragic

@Sand_Devil13 This match I got lucky & popped off my SP2 that pushed Gorr to 2bars of Power but it also KO him. Granted he’s not an R4, but just wanted to show you even with Suicides on, I almost finished with full health. I get your point though, just wanted to show you it’s possible to finish with 99% or 100% HP
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,918 ★★★★★

With 5 disagreements so far, I’m guessing everyone thinks they should be able to finish each fight at 100% against my R4 defenders??? You guys in these forums are something else….smdh

You've given no proof of what you're claiming.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Do what I did and quit BG. There’s a whole host of issues with the game mode that’s inherently not fun for me, so I stopped playing it. Easy to not get frustrated with the mode when you’re not doing it
  • Sand_Devil13Sand_Devil13 Posts: 47

With 5 disagreements so far, I’m guessing everyone thinks they should be able to finish each fight at 100% against my R4 defenders??? You guys in these forums are something else….smdh

just an example here but a R4 sig 160 Peni Parker for one is hard to finish 100% health against but yet people are doing it against mine. With the Global Buffs in place and having to take time to hit into her block to get her shield down so you don’t take any health damage when attacking her, it’s almost impossible to finish that fight at 98-100% health. And yet, ppl are beating mine in under a minute with almost 100% health. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be winning the fight against her, but to finish her off in under a minute with almost 100% health? C’mon.

Another example would be using Doom against Korg. My Korg is R3 Sig 180 (I believe) and ppl are beating him with Doom in about 40-45 seconds. Now granted, I myself haven’t tried using Doom against Korg, I always take in Domino against Korg, so maybe it’s possible, but with his shield up and also being Shock immune, I just find it hard to believe that there’s hardly any block damage whatsoever. It could be possible, I dunno. I’ll have to try it out on one of my next matches.

All I’m saying is, the past few days, damn near all the matches I was up against, ppl were constantly finishing off my R4 defenders with almost or at 100% health, and unless it was a dream matchup, that shouldn’t have been happening. Am I saying they should have lost against my defenders? Absolutely not. I’m just saying it’s hard to finish at 98-100% health in under a minute, that’s all.
  • Rugbyman371Rugbyman371 Posts: 50

just an example here but a R4 sig 160 Peni Parker for one is hard to finish 100% health against but yet people are doing it against mine. With the Global Buffs in place and having to take time to hit into her block to get her shield down so you don’t take any health damage when attacking her, it’s almost impossible to finish that fight at 98-100% health. And yet, ppl are beating mine in under a minute with almost 100% health. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be winning the fight against her, but to finish her off in under a minute with almost 100% health? C’mon.

Another example would be using Doom against Korg. My Korg is R3 Sig 180 (I believe) and ppl are beating him with Doom in about 40-45 seconds. Now granted, I myself haven’t tried using Doom against Korg, I always take in Domino against Korg, so maybe it’s possible, but with his shield up and also being Shock immune, I just find it hard to believe that there’s hardly any block damage whatsoever. It could be possible, I dunno. I’ll have to try it out on one of my next matches.

All I’m saying is, the past few days, damn near all the matches I was up against, ppl were constantly finishing off my R4 defenders with almost or at 100% health, and unless it was a dream matchup, that shouldn’t have been happening. Am I saying they should have lost against my defenders? Absolutely not. I’m just saying it’s hard to finish at 98-100% health in under a minute, that’s all.
    Not really. If you were giving DOT champs as examples (like ibom) or high power gain like Hyperion and they were finishing at 100% health without immunities, that would be different. Most of my matches that are vanilla matchups where all you have to do is avoid one or two interactions, both attackers are finishing right around 100% leaving it to who finishes faster.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    With everything you provided it really sounds like a skill issue and game knowledge issue. Doom vs Korg is a known matchup. Finishing with 98% or above is easily attainable even with conflictor depending on the defender. I'm sorry
  • Sand_Devil13Sand_Devil13 Posts: 47
    xLunatiXx said:

With everything you provided it really sounds like a skill issue and game knowledge issue. Doom vs Korg is a known matchup. Finishing with 98% or above is easily attainable even with conflictor depending on the defender. I'm sorry

Well not really a Skill issue then. Like I said, I’ve never tried Doom against Korg before, so I said it could be possible.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,136 ★★★★
    You failed to provide any other matchup example. Till then..
  • TragicTragic Posts: 16
    You got to realise conflicter node gives more power. so some much ups that have easy to evade specials you don’t need to take ANY block damage.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I know some people struggle and I do too, but I'm having a decent season this time around.

You can finish fights at > 99% health, but more importantly what's needed is to use good / unconventional defenders. If you keep throwing the most common defenders, ppl do get used to them and can play perfectly.

• mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    a. BG would be more fun if it was easier to climb tiers, perhaps with a next match auto-victory shield after a win. b. Modders have managed to destroy this mode. It’s amazing how many you’ll face as you climb.