**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Will Controls and Lag Ever Improve?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,760 ★★★★★

I'm not exactly sure what can be said for the questions here. Will it ever improve is a pretty broad statement to answer. It improves for some, persists for others, and eventually outdates some devices people are using. I get that this is somewhat of a vent about these issues, but there's very little that can be done without providing information as well. This isn't always a one-and-done process. Things like device, OS, game mode, when it occurred, all those things go into trying to identify the issue. Even if it's a matter of repeating the same report, that still adds to the information.

Not exactly a vent. Some accounts report bugs directly to the team as they happen.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Funny how for the first 4-5 years, there was no such device issues. iPhones were a bit faster than Android, that was the main complaint as it put some at a disadvantage for legends run.

Now, wonder how many who complained about that issue would gladly go back to the way things were
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,447 ★★★★★
    This narrative that its up to the players to provide information is rubbish.
    Players don't understand all the changes that are going on in the engine. They have no context to why a problem may have started occuring because Kabam is not 100% transparent on what they are doing.

Kabam is not a corporate IT department with a captive user base. Players are customers, not users.

If Kabam what to solve this problem they need to accept it's their problem, not ours and a serious one.
    If they want reproductions of issues then they should start offering bug bounties, with either real cash or in game rewards.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

I constantly have issues throwing heavies, its like the game doesn't register inputs. I am tired of the issues

Do you think this is lag or something visual? I get this more than I should, and it usually sets me up for a combo to the face.

Also: why is this thread not updating when a new post gets added?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SnaponstewySnaponstewy Posts: 51
    DrZola said:

Title says it all. So tired of finding time to log on and the game plays like it’s being run on a poorly maintained Commodore 64.

At some stage, the team surely has to fess up and admit that controls, BGs, AI and a lot else is just not performing up to minimal standards. I realize that puts them into a bind with providing ongoing relief again, but surely that’s better for the soul than the current stance.

Dr. Zola

Commodore 64. Dr Zola u have to be at least 43-45 to know what a Commodore 64 is that is awesome someone else rembers the games played on a cassette tape like river raid..these input issues are out of control.its messed up because now we can't even farm revives like we used to and we are getting ko'd at a alarming rate to just basic input functions..nothing special just basic functions of the game as basic as block or punch or dex or heavy or I could name 100 things..ai is in god mode with out any rules governing its fight mechanic just all out like playing poker with ur cards facing ur opponent and ur opponents Gets to pick what cards he wants from the deck when drawing..I mean come on I know u guys wanna to make money and all but ur takin a good game and turning into trash..Imo I don't think kabaam cares as long as the whales are spending the issues will remain.untill everybody stops spending nothing will be fixed..input issues are coming up on two years and now are worse than ever only one comp no big bg comp no nothing we just have to accept that this is the game and kabaam is like the president deny deny deny any accountability
  • Options
    River Raid…what about Spider Fighter, Pitfall, Kaboom!, Keystone Kapers, Enduro…

Those were stable games.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Captain_SpasmCaptain_Spasm Posts: 89 ★★
    It’s all gotta be intentional. They know there are bugs, but instead of fixing them, they exploit them like they did with the TB EQ nodes this month. I don’t mind if I lose fights due to my lack of skill, but constantly losing fights due to Kabam being either incompetent or just plain greedy is annoying as hell.
  • Options
    CyrillFromTulaCyrillFromTula Posts: 48
    I hope this situations with controls and bg bugs will hit their financial reports. Maybe that will make them more motivated to fix problems much faster than 2 years for controls and 3(?) months for bg. I don't think I'm the only one who puts spendings on stop until fix
  • Options
    CyrillFromTulaCyrillFromTula Posts: 48
    And a thread is not updating. There are bugs even in forums...
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 865 ★★★★

Fairly confident it isn’t a bug. I’d have a small wager it’s deliberate.
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

Fairly confident it isn’t a bug. I’d have a small wager it’s deliberate.
    I’ve asked one of the mods about this thread and this one as well:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/331623/have-recent-problems-impacted-your-spending-in-the-game#latest

Neither seems to be updating. I’ve also had at least one comment in another thread with all of the reactions wiped to zero. Possibly a bug—if so, the mods should be aware of it.

Dr. Zola