Spider gwen doesn’t get additional spider-sense charges against mystic champions

br10050br10050 Member Posts: 9
The explanation says

But she gets only one charge like this.

Is this a bug?
In a BG fight, this additional charges mean a lot because she can get good amount of attack bonuses.

If this is a bug, please fix it.
If not, please explain the reason.

Comments

• TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,798 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    It says when she is fighting a champion of the superior class. You are fighting a mystic, not a skill champ.

edit: I just tried a fight with spider-gwen against a skill champion (practice mode) and it didn't seem to work against a mystic or a skill.
    Doesn't work in duels either.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Superior class refers to the class the collector, and grandmaster have

Superior class refers to the class the collector, and grandmaster have

That would make sense but should also be deliberately defined.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    Yeah, superior class does not imply a champion she has class advantage over. It refers to certain champions who are outside of the normal class wheel. Certain bosses are of the Superior class, just like Spider-Gwen is of the Science class and Magik is of the Mystic class. It is, more or less, a seventh class for those cases where no one class is supposed to have class advantage in the fight. It levels the playing field for all attacking champions.
  • br10050br10050 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the information.
    I tested against her against maestro and she actually got additional charges.

However, it works against only a few champions… if she can gain additional charges against class advantage or disadvantage, meaning in normal matches, she could be better. She is already a good champ tho.

But thanks to the information you guys gave, I understand the explanation and I think her mechanic is working as intended now.