BG opponent too skilled?

cookiedealercookiedealer Member Posts: 260 ★★
edited May 2023 in General Discussion

Is this a normal fight (186 hits in 72 sec, 86883 biggest hit)? Personally I don't see how it is possible.

Only way I can see the opponent able to get so many hits with a r3 rintrah vs r4 hulkling is by using unfair tactics of "turning off AI throwing specials"/no powergain/infinitespiritgauge?

I had this same fight using my r4 rintrah vs r4 hulkling I can share (same opponent). I timed out and my biggest sp2 hit was 15k and less combo hits for a 116 sec fight duration.

Current Battleground meta is "No retreat!"

Comments

• cookiedealercookiedealer Member Posts: 260 ★★

This is the fight I had vs same opponent the round before. Notice also the percentages my attacker dealt to the opponent defender.
    edited May 2023
    zernix said:

The number of hits is really weird, unless the game is somehow counting rupture ticks as hits or something.

But you can very easily get 20-30 second kills on Hulkling with Rintrah if the AI isnt garbage, so the HP remaining and time isn't that sus.

There is no 20-30 second kills here for this meta of battlegrounds.

You guys say it's a perfect matchup- probably a better matchup for an unduped rintrah than a duped rintrah since the power gain+MD you get pushes rintrah easily to sp3.

If rupture ticks count as successful hits, then I guess 186 hits is explained. But 88k special damage is a lot damage versus weakness and inequity mastery, so if the opponent was up close, he should have done less damage.

I also ammassed a high combo, by getting lots of ruptures. Threw 1 sp3 and 3 sp2s.

Practiced vs my own r4 hulkling with unduped 5* rintrah.
    It is easier to not get pushed to sp3.

However, successful hits only counted combo hits.

Thus, 186 hits in 72 seconds is very odd.

I'm not sure why forum accounts are so quick to jump to it's possible and you don't know how to use rintrah vs hulkling in this meta.

I'd love to see the pro gameplay of how to properly take hulkling vs rintrah this no retreat meta with players like myself running inequity.
    xLunatiXx said:

I find it sus that you only hit 15k on your sp2 with Rintrah vs perfect matchup

I think it's because of the Inequity mastery?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Is this a normal fight (186 hits in 72 sec, 86883 biggest hit)? Personally I don't see how it is possible.

Only way I can see the opponent able to get so many hits with a r3 rintrah vs r4 hulkling is by using unfair tactics of "turning off AI throwing specials"/no powergain/infinitespiritgauge?

I had this same fight using my r4 rintrah vs r4 hulkling I can share (same opponent). I timed out and my biggest sp2 hit was 15k and less combo hits for a 116 sec fight duration.

Current Battleground meta is "No retreat!"

86k hit by Rintrah is totally possible and realistic.

Rintrah is a perfect Hulkling counter. He can lock him in a corner and even if Hulkling throws special, makes no difference to Rintrah.

186 hits is weird, but we've already seen that in BG hits are not counted correctly, it's possible that's a glitch.

There's nothing else in that matchup that looks odd. He was a good player.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,832 ★★★★★
    I'd agree with the above - most likely an error in the hit count, rather than a suspicious player.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Member Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    186 hits? Are you serious?
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    Unless u use qs, it is impossible to land more than double the time almost at a rate of 2-3 hits per second
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    Rintrah was hit 11 times and only lost 4% health.

Is that normal?
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Member Posts: 508 ★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Is that normal?

Yes
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Is that normal?

Blocked hits count
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    The hit count is suspicious but I can get 200k sp2 out of my r4
  • DL864DL864 Member Posts: 1,089 ★★★

Unless u use qs, it is impossible to land more than double the time almost at a rate of 2-3 hits per second

I don't think so. I've had matches this season and people using HT have had high hit numbers like 60 hits in 25 seconds which is crazy to me so I don't know if it's not counting the nova flames ticks as hits could be counting rupture ticks as hits.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 885 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Lots of cheaters in the game mode. It’s rampant. Even BG, Lagacy, and top level streamers don’t get perfect fight after perfect fight.

Modders run this game.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DL864 said:

I don't think so. I've had matches this season and people using HT have had high hit numbers like 60 hits in 25 seconds which is crazy to me so I don't know if it's not counting the nova flames ticks as hits could be counting rupture ticks as hits.
    Nah. That doesn't happen
  • Cyborg17Cyborg17 Member Posts: 124
    I think there is a bug in the numbers because I remember a fight where I put poisons and when I went to see the stats at the end it marked me a huge number of poisons put , well beyond what I had put in reality.

• Hidr8__Hidr8__ Member Posts: 53

Lots of cheaters in the game mode. It’s rampant. Even BG, Lagacy, and top level streamers don’t get perfect fight after perfect fight.

Modders run this game.

Bg best streamer
  • Cyborg17Cyborg17 Member Posts: 124
    edited May 2023
    Lagacy is not a great player. He just has a big roster thanks to money. BeroMan is an excellent player on the other hand and always in the top 3 of the BG.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 885 ★★★★
    Cyborg17 said:

Lagacy is not a great player. He just has a big roster thanks to money. BeroMan is an excellent player on the other hand and always in the top 3 of the BG.

When many players are getting BeroMan like scores in many matches, you know something is wrong. Diamond I is full of them this last week.

Lagacy is far better than the average Diamond or Platinum player even if he’s not the most technical.
  • Señor DudeSeñor Dude Member Posts: 67
    Lagacy 100% explored the abyss in the first 4 days. He's a whale, but don't discount his skill.