How is this fair matchmaking?

Eggs3_0Eggs3_0 Member Posts: 23

Comments

• Eggs3_0Eggs3_0 Member Posts: 23

Impossible to progress 🤦‍♂️
  • Eggs3_0Eggs3_0 Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2023
    I was able to get to gladiator's circuit 2 seasons ago. Seems like matchmaking has gotten more and more unbalanced. Complete disadvantage for players that aren't thronebreaker yet and are f2p, especially with the addition of 7stars its practically impossible to progress compared to before.
  • KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Member Posts: 102

Yeah matchmaking is a bit off
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Does adding 3 star champs to your roster actually help you face weaker opponents? I’ve never tried it but I see it sometimes, they don’t seem any stronger than my usual opponents but I keep seeing it so I’m wonder if there’s something there?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Does adding 3 star champs to your roster actually help you face weaker opponents? I’ve never tried it but I see it sometimes, they don’t seem any stronger than my usual opponents but I keep seeing it so I’m wonder if there’s something there?

No. That was fixed a few seasons ago.
    No more sandbagging.
  • noclutchnoclutch Member Posts: 186 ★★
    This is fair match making because they allow spenders to bypass the grind and build their roster faster.

If you want the advantage you need to spend.
    Without spending you can never close the gap between a whale roster and an ftp roster.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,298 Guardian
    Eggs3_0 said:

I was able to get to gladiator's circuit 2 seasons ago. Seems like matchmaking has gotten more and more unbalanced. Complete disadvantage for players that aren't thronebreaker yet and are f2p, especially with the addition of 7stars its practically impossible to progress compared to before.

Backwards. It used to be broken, which is how you were able to get to GC. It is being fixed, so that the players who get to GC are among the stronger players, not the players who can beat up the people with similarly weak rosters.

I know there are lots of people who think it was actually working correctly before, because they think the purpose of a competitive game mode is to hand them curated matches that they can win. However, that's not actually what competitions are. Competitions are there to find the strongest competitors. Like it or not, roster strength is a part of a player's competitive strength, especially in this game that both gates overall game progress to and othrewise rewards roster progress.

This game is in part about building roster. The different game modes exist to give players somewhere to use that roster. Roster strength offers advantages almost everywhere, and especially in all competitive modes of the game. Battlegrounds is no exception. The game isn't supposed to attempt to neutralize that advantage, or worse disadvantage players who have strong rosters. BG used to do that, but the devs acknowledged their error there and are changing it slowly to shift it to a more fair competitive mode - fair in the sense of overall competition, not in terms of individual match ups.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 891 ★★★
    You are Platinum 1, they are Platinum 1. The way it should be.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    I’ve dealt with this for like 3 seasons. Would have to beat 5k prestige over me to get to gc. Now it’s changed finally which is good for progression.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its fair for him... Not sure what u doing in plat really...