**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

3/4* Battlegrounds Meta

What if, and here me out on this one, there was a meta banning all 5/6/7*s?
I think there are a few reasons why this would be a great idea for most players. And before everyone gets out their torches and pitchforks I assure you I am not biased. I have a fairly large 3.1+ mil account ("Armored Ghost" in game) with almost all 6*s (and awakened) The only ones I don't have that are "important" to have (aside from the brand new/featured champs) are Knull, IDoom, longshot and Rintrah. I have always made it to GC in every BG season so far. Everything I say below would be for the betterment of the playerbase in the game mode.

1)This would give lower accounts a chance to progress through the tiers at the same rate as higher accounts thus eliminating the problem of going up against accounts significantly higher or lower than you. This also eliminates the sandbagging problem.

2)More emphasis is based on skill rather than account size thus earning those juicy rewards

3)At this point in the game it is very likely that most players have almost all 3/4*s but they may also be missing quite a few important 5/6/ and 7*s. This would ensure that nearly everyone has the necessary draft options for the meta.

4)Since more people now have a chance to do well in BG there would be more participation -> higher score in alliance and solo BG event -> higher rewards for everyone and less wait times

5)It would make 3/4*s relevant again

Now I do need to address a couple of things...
1) I don't think this should be a very common event. Building a larger account is important and this would eliminate the need to rank up more unique and niche 5/6/ and 7* champions for attacking or defending in specific metas. Therefore This should be more like a special meta that happens no more often than every 4 months.

2) Since 3/4*s are long forgotten by many higher level players they may not have the resources necessary to level up a rooster of 30 champions and this may be a tedious and annoying process.

Overall though I think this could be a fun and unique event for everyone to enjoy. Let me know what you think with critiques and suggestions

Comments

• I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    Nice idea but that would probably break my back as I have 2 million gold and more than 23 4* champs to be ranked up before fighting anyone
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I can see this as a one-time event, not a regular thing, because it would be harder to monetize and that is always a consideration for a business that develops video games.
  • IamnikeIamnike Posts: 215 ★★
    Nice in concept but I think people who have been playing longer have a more developed 4* roster. Most players that started playing within the last year or probably only have at most maybe 5 ranked up 4*.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,484 Guardian
    People who have played longer will likely have all the annoying 4* defenders at max sig and r5, or could easily max sig and r5 them. Lower accounts would be put at a greater disadvantage as they would have to throw iso and gold and catalysts to their 4*s instead of tanking up their 5 and 6*s champions to push content.

Also experienced players will have a definite advantage in skill over most other players so lower accounts will get crushed anyways. This only would help people who are skilled playing on their alt.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I loved the idea of BGs being limited to 3*/4*. All champs easily available to everybody (once areas are unlocked). A true competitive mode. Calling it a solo competitive mode is a joke. My hope was to have BGs be a non-monetized game mode. But with the amount of effort they put into creating BGs, that was never going to happen.
  • ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★
    Kabam would never do this for the simple reason that they would drive less crystal sales for a few weeks. Can't have the cash flow disturbed, now can we?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

What if, and here me out on this one, there was a meta banning all 5/6/7*s?
    I think there are a few reasons why this would be a great idea for most players. And before everyone gets out their torches and pitchforks I assure you I am not biased. I have a fairly large 3.1+ mil account ("Armored Ghost" in game) with almost all 6*s (and awakened) The only ones I don't have that are "important" to have (aside from the brand new/featured champs) are Knull, IDoom, longshot and Rintrah. I have always made it to GC in every BG season so far. Everything I say below would be for the betterment of the playerbase in the game mode.

1)This would give lower accounts a chance to progress through the tiers at the same rate as higher accounts thus eliminating the problem of going up against accounts significantly higher or lower than you. This also eliminates the sandbagging problem.

2)More emphasis is based on skill rather than account size thus earning those juicy rewards

3)At this point in the game it is very likely that most players have almost all 3/4*s but they may also be missing quite a few important 5/6/ and 7*s. This would ensure that nearly everyone has the necessary draft options for the meta.

4)Since more people now have a chance to do well in BG there would be more participation -> higher score in alliance and solo BG event -> higher rewards for everyone and less wait times

5)It would make 3/4*s relevant again

Now I do need to address a couple of things...
    1) I don't think this should be a very common event. Building a larger account is important and this would eliminate the need to rank up more unique and niche 5/6/ and 7* champions for attacking or defending in specific metas. Therefore This should be more like a special meta that happens no more often than every 4 months.

2) Since 3/4*s are long forgotten by many higher level players they may not have the resources necessary to level up a rooster of 30 champions and this may be a tedious and annoying process.

Overall though I think this could be a fun and unique event for everyone to enjoy. Let me know what you think with critiques and suggestions

I think:

a) In principle there's nothing wrong with the idea.
    b) It is highly unlikely to happen while there are still many problematic aspects to the game mode, from matching to bugs.
    c) If it happens at all, once every four months would be way too often. Once a year as a special event, maybe.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,120 ★★★★
    3* BGS EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY ITS CHEAP AND EVERYONE CAN JOIN
    (and it'll force some of my alliance mates to max 3*s so when I ask to do 3* bgs we won't have to do r1 3*...)
    IT'LL BE GREAT
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I think it’s a really cool idea but it would have to be super intentionally announced like a half year in advance so that everyone could get their rosters up.

I think doing a summoner bracket tournament with only 4* that YOU put on is a much more doable and enjoyable thing