**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 6* featured tech champs

AzdefAzdef Posts: 148
Shocker or Future Ant Man or Viv ?

Which champ do you guys think has the biggest upside in the long run?

Comments

• LickyLicky Posts: 303 ★★
    Definitely Future Ant Man

Shocker is flashy but has no defensive prowess and near to no utility

Whereas Ant Man has lots of damage, near triple immunitys when high sig and is a god tier defender

I don't know much about viv
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Definitely Shocker. Bgs beast.
    Renaxqq said:

So is Ant Man

And half of BGs is defense and shocker is a bad defender but amazing attacker

Ant man is amazing defender and maybe not as flashy attacker but can handle many more matchups
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,398 ★★★★★
    Mysterio said:

100% Shocker, he is a Sinister Six member to and I love my friends more than some Ants or Robots.

But @Mysterio , didn't you reject Shocker in April's storyline
  • DeadpoolTheGamerDeadpoolTheGamer Posts: 5
    edited May 2023

Mysterio said:

100% Shocker, he is a Sinister Six member to and I love my friends more than some Ants or Robots.

bro got caught red handed
  • NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Licky said:

Whereas Ant Man has lots of damage, near triple immunitys when high sig and is a god tier defender

If you think Shocker has no utility, you just don't understand game mechanics.
    NearJr said:

Licky said:

If you think Shocker has no utility, you just don't understand game mechanics.
    I don't not understand game mechanics, I forgot some aspects of his kit, my bad

But I still think FAM is better

Licky said:

Shocker also has shock and concussion immunity and doesn't land crits. He also has unblockable, autoblock and can remove prowess (chance but still). Not to say he is better than FAM or that FAM is better than shocker. Just pointing out that "near to no utility) isn't correct.
    I agree I was incorrect but I still think FAM is better
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 814 ★★★★
    Need to know if viv is worth ranking up for bg/war?
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★

Mysterio said:

yes, and then I watched him get beaten up. Knocked some sense into him!
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I’m going to say Shocker just because I pulled him yesterday and I’m excited about having him.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Need to know if viv is worth ranking up for bg/war?

As a rank 4 sig 200 owner, I can confidently say yes. When played well you can burst through a 200k-250k healthpool without taking any damage. (Without suicides)
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    Licky said:

Renaxqq said:

So is Ant Man

Ant man is amazing defender and maybe not as flashy attacker but can handle many more matchups
    this isn't a good argument. CGR, Tigra, AA, Shang Chi, etc. are some very common BG nukes who have almost 0 defensive ability. are those champs not at the top of their classes?

also Shocker can probably handle more BG matchups b/c his rotation is more flexible, so you can play around defender abilities
    I'm
    BigBuster said:

Licky said:

Renaxqq said:

So is Ant Man

this isn't a good argument. CGR, Tigra, AA, Shang Chi, etc. are some very common BG nukes who have almost 0 defensive ability. are those champs not at the top of their classes?

also Shocker can probably handle more BG matchups b/c his rotation is more flexible, so you can play around defender abilities
    I'm saying he is a nuke on offense but bad on defense but FAM is great on both

Same reason I'd choose Hulkling or Galan or Knull over cgr, they are great on attack and are viable or great defenders how is that incorrect?
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I don’t know about big vision but I pulled future Antman and shocker and so far I prefer FAM. Both are great and have unique utility, but I really like the power control on antman and how tanky he is. But I’ll be taking them both up eventually.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 883 ★★★
    BigBuster said:

Licky said:

Renaxqq said:

So is Ant Man

It is a strong argument. Defense is half of the two real game modes, so why would it not be considered?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,777 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023

BigBuster said:

Licky said:

Renaxqq said:

So is Ant Man

It is a strong argument. Defense is half of the two real game modes, so why would it not be considered?
    No one said that it isn’t considered. Some champs that are purely offensive nukes are still very very useful in BGs and Shocker is one of them. Sure, he’s not a dual threat like FAM or zemo, but he’s still top of his class regardless