Useful or not

AllnamesbetakenAllnamesbetaken Member Posts: 118
Just pulled a 7* silver surfer, was wondering if he'll be any good. Never played the champ much in general. Also, what biffs should i put on for atk and for def?

Comments

• Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    I also pulled surfer as a 7*. Here is what I do, but I could totally be in the wrong. I start the fight with a 5 hit combo, heavy to activate the fury. Then I will activate power gain on the next one. Finally I will activate armor, sp3, lock in all buffs.

Shorter fights I do the first part of that until I get an sp2 and most of the time the fight is over.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

I also pulled surfer as a 7*. Here is what I do, but I could totally be in the wrong. I start the fight with a 5 hit combo, heavy to activate the fury. Then I will activate power gain on the next one. Finally I will activate armor, sp3, lock in all buffs.

Shorter fights I do the first part of that until I get an sp2 and most of the time the fight is over.

If I dont remember wrongly, the best one is combo into SP1 for Fury, then SP1 on the Power buff, the SP1 on the Armor buff when almost at SP2, then SP3 to SP2
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Matty_Ice said:

If I dont remember wrongly, the best one is combo into SP1 for Fury, then SP1 on the Power buff, the SP1 on the Armor buff when almost at SP2, then SP3 to SP2
    Won't power would be better for first to get to specials faster?
    Don't know much about him
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I'm in the same boat, but I just discovered he is perfect for Freezer Burn, and there is one lane of that in 8.2.5.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

I hate his playstyle and never use him. However, he has great immunities and damage and lots of people love him. He's not just a prestige champ as some claim.

I quit like him a lot.
    Biggest downside I find is that his buffs expire quite quick.
    Apart from ROL type fights, you can’t really keep his rotation in serious content, where complex nodes or nodes with timers are getting involved.
    In my opinion he needs a number tweak, but of course that’s very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

• AnlyAnly Member Posts: 615 ★★

Just pulled a 7* silver surfer, was wondering if he'll be any good. Never played the champ much in general. Also, what biffs should i put on for atk and for def?

Short answer, no
  • TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Member Posts: 39
    He's good; much better duped and high sig, though. His rotation takes some time to understand. Look up MetalSonicDude on YouTube. He has an excellent breakdown on how to use him properly.
  • AllnamesbetakenAllnamesbetaken Member Posts: 118
    Welp, better than hawkeye ig