Options

AI Passiveness!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 797 ★★★

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Am i the only one who doesn't have any problems with AI?
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,748 ★★★★★
    This month I have seen a noticeable change in AI behaviour. Its willingness to throw an SP is really low, making the fights much more annoying and longer.

Tbh if all the game's mechanics, unwillingness to throw SP is the only genuinely unfair one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

The only issue I've had with AI in the past like two months was against Spot in this months side quest. It was actually a funny bug type thing where, for the entire fight, he threw his heavy no matter how far away I was if I was blocking. I dashed back as far as I possibly could, then held block and he threw his heavy three times before getting close enough to actually hit me. But even then, it was threat level 4 so he was fairly aggressive, threw all of his specials after a decent amount of baiting them, and just never actually caused a problem.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★

I take it you’ve yet to experience getting reparried, specials in the middle of your combo, etc.

If so, good for you
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

I take it you’ve yet to experience getting reparried, specials in the middle of your combo, etc.

If so, good for you
    No i have had those. But they were all my shortcomings and I've been able to avoid them after that. Special in middle of combo i haven't had though.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,327 ★★★★
    Depends.. some fights.. AI is non stop attack, combo after combo.. (happen with Thing with close to 15 stacks, so one or two hits to make him back up will push him to unstoppable and he continues pummeling my attacker).. after I revive and take him.. he is balanced attack/ blocking.. really annoying.. but with Mantis infuriate, AI seems to attack more.. but m not that confident intercepting so.. I usually get intimidate and hit their block for mixed emotion.. wait till I have enough power for sp2.. and hold heavy to charge fury and let heavy hit couple times cancel into sp2 for guaranteed crit damage..
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

If so, good for you
    No i have had those. But they were all my shortcomings and I've been able to avoid them after that. Special in middle of combo i haven't had though.
    How was a reparry off the AI your shortcoming? They shouldn't be able to parry let alone reparry... parry can happen in war and BGs though, I'll concede to that but its shouldn't be as frequent as it is .. or rather, it never use to be as frequent as it is of late.

To answer your original comment, no you're not the only one who isn't experiencing a passive AI few of my ally members seem to have zero issues
  • Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 635 ★★★
    Happening to me again and again, i started to get sp1 and reached 99% of power meter with one hit, hit on block etc but no AI won't throw it until it's Sp3 or i am in corner getting it in my face either trying to dex or block, hell bruh
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 525 ★★★
    Because of that I've lost matches that counts time such as Battleground. The Time given is so less that half the time i keep dancing around like a goof from wall to wall. Meanwhile the degen kills my health every second. Although it seems unfair and annoying i just Chuck it up coz i can't do anything about it but get sad. Just play along with it cuz you can't do anything about it and the devs don't care cuz by now you would have been addressed for this issue as many people have reported this before. But devs don't give a damn so, deal with or cry cuz it doesn't matter
  • Options
    Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 650 ★★★★
    BG enemies love turtling when the cool down timer for machoism is going.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    this has been an issue for quite some time. you just gotta learn to live with it. i find it increasingly frustrating when there are timers of any kind involved that punish you so you're there dancing while degen is happening or whatever else situation in which you need to hit the defender but do the special dance instead.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,316 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Hyperion has been the WORST, especially on this recent SQ lvl 5 difficulty. All he does is constantly stand there holding block to gain power until he gets to Sp 3, and we know what happens then. I even attempted to throw a heavy while he was holding block and had not yet reached 1 bar of power, but he somehow intercepts that with combo, then goes back to holding block. And I've even used champs with Petrify, and Doom but his power steal can only do so much before Hyp AI is right back to passively gaining power or from being hit.

I understand some content will be difficult, but level of difficulty shouldn't mean facing a programmed passive AI that gives us ZERO chance to win a fight. That's sabotage, and basically leaving our fate up to the AI. Smh.

As for last seasons BG's and any future node buff plans, If Kabam is going to have passive AI, then they shouldn't have Brute Force on any node or in any game mode.