**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

After Hercules and Kitty, who is the 3rd best champ?

Comments

• Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    Manup456 said:

Doom is the 3rd best correct.

P.S all these obscure champs people pick is because they like them not that the real numbers and stats actually apply in game.

I personally think doom is overrated. I haven't personally been using him much... though maybe it's because I dont like his playstyle. I use chavez, wong, and rintrah far more than doom
  • Options

Kitty isn’t close, but go on lmao

Kitty is very risky imo. But when she works she's pretty solid
  • Options
    HoadyOZ said:

Who here has not relied on Red Mags to save their sorry butt? As good as Herc and Kitty are, there are alternatives to both. I got thru chap 7 without either. But there is nothing that replaces Red Mags.

I agree that against metal champions, save they aren't stun immune (though sometimes not even an issue) magneto is one of if not the best option
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Manup456 said:

P.S all these obscure champs people pick is because they like them not that the real numbers and stats actually apply in game.

I personally think doom is overrated. I haven't personally been using him much... though maybe it's because I dont like his playstyle. I use chavez, wong, and rintrah far more than doom
    After we got our hands on Kitty for the first time, Ghost just sorta phased out of our minds. She's not the most reliable, she's not the fastest, she doesn't do the most damage, and she's relatively boring.

And Doom is just way too easy to pass up. He got me through 5.3 and 5.4 as a 4* by just Doom cycling every single fight. Even energy damage resistant fights, even weakness giving fights, just pretty much all of them. And though I wouldn't use him as an attacker now that my roster is actually fun, I would be happy to throw a 6* on defense, ban Mr. Fantastic, Ibom, and QS and just watch them all squirm.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 453 ★★★
    Cgr hands down!
  • Options

Manup456 said:

After we got our hands on Kitty for the first time, Ghost just sorta phased out of our minds. She's not the most reliable, she's not the fastest, she doesn't do the most damage, and she's relatively boring.

And Doom is just way too easy to pass up. He got me through 5.3 and 5.4 as a 4* by just Doom cycling every single fight. Even energy damage resistant fights, even weakness giving fights, just pretty much all of them. And though I wouldn't use him as an attacker now that my roster is actually fun, I would be happy to throw a 6* on defense, ban Mr. Fantastic, Ibom, and QS and just watch them all squirm.
    I think you are massively underestimating ghost's damage output capabilities lol
    I know she can do a lot, but CGR can do more. Galan can do it faster. QS can do it more reliably. She's still great, but she's one of the many champs I've kept as a 5* rank 4 because she's just not enough. Maybe with suicides and a tech boost she can really put in work, but I'd still just prefer Corvus.
  • Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★

Manup456 said:

I think you are massively underestimating ghost's damage output capabilities lol
    I know she can do a lot, but CGR can do more. Galan can do it faster. QS can do it more reliably. She's still great, but she's one of the many champs I've kept as a 5* rank 4 because she's just not enough. Maybe with suicides and a tech boost she can really put in work, but I'd still just prefer Corvus.
    Galan isnt faster, a 5/65 sig 200 is still very very very fast, you're forgetting how quickly she can reach sp2's although i do agree the damage isnt amazing without suicides but with them she's one of the fastest

Ghost is one of those champion that benefits alot from a high star level/rank she gets alot better than a 5/65 at r3 and a r4 is much better than a r3 and so on

Ghost is still one of the most reliable even without synergys, she's still amazing for questing, she's amazing for aq and war, and phenomenal for bg's she hasnt tanked as much as people think id even say she's better now with the introduction of bg's what happened is her popularity/usage went down which some people might mistake as her not being as reliable or her phasing out *giggle giggle*
  • Options
    Anly said:

Manup456 said:

Galan isnt faster, a 5/65 sig 200 is still very very very fast, you're forgetting how quickly she can reach sp2's although i do agree the damage isnt amazing without suicides but with them she's one of the fastest

Ghost is one of those champion that benefits alot from a high star level/rank she gets alot better than a 5/65 at r3 and a r4 is much better than a r3 and so on

Ghost is still one of the most reliable even without synergys, she's still amazing for questing, she's amazing for aq and war, and phenomenal for bg's she hasnt tanked as much as people think id even say she's better now with the introduction of bg's what happened is her popularity/usage went down which some people might mistake as her not being as reliable or her phasing out *giggle giggle*
    Maybe if she's on Hazard shift or Caltrops I'd agree, but just base Ghost vs Galan, he reaches a higher damage number in the same amount of time. Again, I agree that she is great, but she's not the best at anything, and she doesn't counter enough to take up that precious spot in AW. I've taken more fights with Magik and Hulkbuster because they've done exactly what I needed. If I'm facing some of those nodes that turn her into a beast, I'll usually just end up using someone more reliable anyways.
  • Options

Anly said:

Manup456 said:

Maybe if she's on Hazard shift or Caltrops I'd agree, but just base Ghost vs Galan, he reaches a higher damage number in the same amount of time. Again, I agree that she is great, but she's not the best at anything, and she doesn't counter enough to take up that precious spot in AW. I've taken more fights with Magik and Hulkbuster because they've done exactly what I needed. If I'm facing some of those nodes that turn her into a beast, I'll usually just end up using someone more reliable anyways.
    Even without nodes she can drop a 90-100k sp2 back to back in seconds i dont think its a contest ghost v galan

I personally think you're just not getting enough use out of your ghost she's still one of the most reliable options for almost everything (still) she's alot more versatile than you think so i think you should use her more and then see what you think
  • Options
    FuneralMistFuneralMist Posts: 93 ★★
    Galan
    AA
    Apocalypse
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I don’t even know how to have this discussion? The most powerful champ in game is probably someone’s sig 40 R2 7* overseer, or something. And if we are discussing kit sans rarity, then it might still be Quake? What would and R2 7* quake be like?

Frankly, I know who MY most powerful champ is. It’s my duped 7* Terrax. When he’s a herald of galactus. And has the Broken Measures bonus buff in AQ. Minus those things, he’s not. But that’s pretty much how all this works.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Kitty isn’t close, but go on lmao

Kitty is very risky imo. But when she works she's pretty solid
    Why do you say that? In the current state of the game where it’s a nightmare to intercept or hit their block, I find her to be a very safe option.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

FiiNCH said:

I think it’s almost universally agreed that Hercules is 1st and Kitty is 2nd so who do you guys think is 3rd?

I’ll kick this off by saying it’s Dr Doom.

On purely attack? Herc >> Kitty, Shang Chi >> Torch, and Tigra > *. To be at the top of the game, you need to be unstoppable in all kinds of situations.
    Shang-chi isn’t even the 3rd best skill champ
    He's the best, unless moon dragon or kate is better i dont know anything about them
    Nick and KP smoke Shang with ease. Stop being delusional please, doesn’t add anything to the discussion.
    They dont on attack, chi is simply better than nick because of the way he activates his abilities saying nick or kp is better is just people repeating what they're told without actually being able to give a concrete reason as to why

I will tell you why chi is better, because he can do everything nick can but simply does in a more convienient and reliable way

People are just not that informed on chi and he dosent get the credit that he deserves
    People are well informed on Chi. He’s great but he’s not the best in the skill class. “Repeating what they’re told without a concrete reason why” lmao maybe watch someone on YouTube?
    They're obviously not... his and nicks kit are almost copy pasted most of their abilities are the same but activated in a different way
    I don't even... Your strongest champ must be unit man because you clearly don't know how either Nick Fury or Shang Chi work. You definitely place Shang Chi on defense as well right?

Shang Chi is the best by a long shot and it's not even close. Being able to trigger his rotation in almost any situation is what makes him far better than NF. If you add defense then the combined value puts NF in 1st place by a mile. That's why I stated "on attack".
    Delusional
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

I'm not the one who made their profile private because they got a million disagrees lmao

i suspect that's a default if the user is a minor. I've got a 16 yr old, this is what they're like usually.
  • Options

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

FiiNCH said:

I think it’s almost universally agreed that Hercules is 1st and Kitty is 2nd so who do you guys think is 3rd?

On purely attack? Herc >> Kitty, Shang Chi >> Torch, and Tigra > *. To be at the top of the game, you need to be unstoppable in all kinds of situations.
    He's the best, unless moon dragon or kate is better i dont know anything about them
    Nick and KP smoke Shang with ease. Stop being delusional please, doesn’t add anything to the discussion.
    They dont on attack, chi is simply better than nick because of the way he activates his abilities saying nick or kp is better is just people repeating what they're told without actually being able to give a concrete reason as to why

I will tell you why chi is better, because he can do everything nick can but simply does in a more convienient and reliable way

People are just not that informed on chi and he dosent get the credit that he deserves
    People are well informed on Chi. He’s great but he’s not the best in the skill class. “Repeating what they’re told without a concrete reason why” lmao maybe watch someone on YouTube?
    They're obviously not... his and nicks kit are almost copy pasted most of their abilities are the same but activated in a different way
    I don't even... Your strongest champ must be unit man because you clearly don't know how either Nick Fury or Shang Chi work. You definitely place Shang Chi on defense as well right?

Shang Chi is the best by a long shot and it's not even close. Being able to trigger his rotation in almost any situation is what makes him far better than NF. If you add defense then the combined value puts NF in 1st place by a mile. That's why I stated "on attack".
    Delusional
    Chi taking the bulk of these fight very very well

https://youtu.be/jHs3msYMxwE
  • Options
    Anly said:

Anly said:

Emilia90 said:

Anly said:

Anly said:

FiiNCH said:

Delusional
    Chi taking the bulk of these fight very very well

https://youtu.be/jHs3msYMxwE
    Ok? That doesn't mean he's even close to the best skill lol
  • Options
    HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    But what about unitman? He's the best champion in the game since ancient times!!!!
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    Bold of you to assume that herc and kitty are even the top 2 anyways. For me, neither are. Apocalypse is my go to and CGR is right behind him.
  • Options
    ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 91 ★★
    Quite a few contenders. Kingpin, Doom, CGR, Magneto, Warlock, Nick Fury, Torch
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Bold of you to assume that herc and kitty are even the top 2 anyways. For me, neither are. Apocalypse is my go to and CGR is right behind him.

Kitty isn't anywhere near top 2, Herc is top 3 for sure though
  • Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    Champs you enjoy playing are strongest champs and that's all that matters

For me, it's mr negative
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

I'm not the one who made their profile private because they got a million disagrees lmao

i suspect that's a default if the user is a minor. I've got a 16 yr old, this is what they're like usually.
    No it happened after his post was immediately locked by Kabam because it was him whining about stuff.

I thought he was banned :(
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

I dont think you have a very good idea of where certain champs sit in the game, and maybe thats because of the overwhelming cloud of peoples opinions and them rating champs based on personal feeling, a reason i dont like that is because it influences inexperienced players and rather than them forming their own opinion they have someone elses.

If you watch any kitty game play for atleast 30 seconds you should know or atleast get a rough idea of how powerful she is, i think a reason you might think she isnt close to top 3 is because to the untrained eye, you look at her kit and there isnt a whole lot there, when in actuality she holds one of if not the most powerful ability in the game, a single piece of utility that allows her to take 99% of the game with ease, she even counters the stuff she dosent counter, and does it arguably the best
    And she resides at the #1 spot along with herc.

Saying "herc is top 3" is an understatement, he is #1 along with kitty, and that is unchallenged, he is just that much better than #2 and #3 spots, nobody else is soloing entire eop and gauntlet paths like he does, nobody deals with incursions like he does, which has some of the highest health pools and most complicated node combinations, he is in the same boat as kitty instead of specifically countering nodes, they simply dont care about them.
  • Options
    Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

I dont think you have a very good idea of where certain champs sit in the game, and maybe thats because of the overwhelming cloud of peoples opinions and them rating champs based on personal feeling, a reason i dont like that is because it influences inexperienced players and rather than them forming their own opinion they have someone elses.

If you watch any kitty game play for atleast 30 seconds you should know or atleast get a rough idea of how powerful she is, i think a reason you might think she isnt close to top 3 is because to the untrained eye, you look at her kit and there isnt a whole lot there, when in actuality she holds one of if not the most powerful ability in the game, a single piece of utility that allows her to take 99% of the game with ease, she even counters the stuff she dosent counter, and does it arguably the best

Saying "herc is top 3" is an understatement, he is #1 along with kitty, and that is unchallenged, he is just that much better than #2 and #3 spots, nobody else is soloing entire eop and gauntlet paths like he does, nobody deals with incursions like he does, which has some of the highest health pools and most complicated node combinations, he is in the same boat as kitty instead of specifically countering nodes, they simply dont care about them.
    She isn’t. She has no safety net whatsoever, meaning that if you make one mistake with her overly risky play style, you are screwed. Tiny healthpool and damage isn’t worth the risk. This is the sole reason why she isn’t used in war anymore. She also has no defensive potential.

Saying herc is the unchallenged #1 is an extremely invalid statement. He is probably the best attacker in the game. Arguments could be made for other champs there, but they would most likely not prevail. He has no defensive usage and isn’t that great in BGs because you have to stack feats early on. Plus, he is fully neutered by the assassin mastery.

I’ve watched you come after anyone on any thread the moment they say kitty isn’t the best champ in the game. I don’t understand it. There are simple facts and observations that supplement every point I’ve made. She’s a great attacker. But not as good as you think.
  • Options

Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

She isn’t. She has no safety net whatsoever, meaning that if you make one mistake with her overly risky play style, you are screwed. Tiny healthpool and damage isn’t worth the risk. This is the sole reason why she isn’t used in war anymore. She also has no defensive potential.

Saying herc is the unchallenged #1 is an extremely invalid statement. He is probably the best attacker in the game. Arguments could be made for other champs there, but they would most likely not prevail. He has no defensive usage and isn’t that great in BGs because you have to stack feats early on. Plus, he is fully neutered by the assassin mastery.

I’ve watched you come after anyone on any thread the moment they say kitty isn’t the best champ in the game. I don’t understand it. There are simple facts and observations that supplement every point I’ve made. She’s a great attacker. But not as good as you think.
    No saftey net? Damage immunity isnt enough? You do realize she can get a full 100% uptime on that aswell since she can refresh her phase the moment it expires right? So what do you mean no saftey net? You dont take damage from any source, you cant get hit, and when you do get hit you're phase is paused and you tank the entire combo, whilst also gaining power. She can phase entire specials and also gain prowess from them.
    So im not sure what you mean by "no safety net"

She is one of the hardest hitting champs in the game.

She is very good on defense.

Yes herc and kitty are the best attackers in the game and very solid defenders and that is unchallenged, you can not argue any other champ because herc and kitty are so much more versatile and useful than any other champ, saying herc has no defensive usage really proves you dont know much about anything really he is a very good defender, stun immune, hits very hard through the block, has aa reduction, and his the main reason why he is such a good defender, is because he stalls, and he's amazing on bg"s attack you dont have to stack up feats he still does an insane amount of damage, and he's one of the best counters so some annoying defenders like peni, and any defenders that have a high health pool like nick, and yeah there is a 20% chance his immortality fails, if they are running the mastery, he isnt "fully neutered"

Im not coming after you i was telling you what you dont know, im simply making you realize, since you seem to not know anything since you said kitty dosent have a safety net which is laughable not only does that say alot about your progression level, it says alot about your skill, no offense with all do respect.
  • Options

Anly said:

Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

No saftey net? Damage immunity isnt enough? You do realize she can get a full 100% uptime on that aswell since she can refresh her phase the moment it expires right? So what do you mean no saftey net? You dont take damage from any source, you cant get hit, and when you do get hit you're phase is paused and you tank the entire combo, whilst also gaining power. She can phase entire specials and also gain prowess from them.
    So im not sure what you mean by "no safety net"

She is one of the hardest hitting champs in the game.

She is very good on defense.

Yes herc and kitty are the best attackers in the game and very solid defenders and that is unchallenged, you can not argue any other champ because herc and kitty are so much more versatile and useful than any other champ, saying herc has no defensive usage really proves you dont know much about anything really he is a very good defender, stun immune, hits very hard through the block, has aa reduction, and his the main reason why he is such a good defender, is because he stalls, and he's amazing on bg"s attack you dont have to stack up feats he still does an insane amount of damage, and he's one of the best counters so some annoying defenders like peni, and any defenders that have a high health pool like nick, and yeah there is a 20% chance his immortality fails, if they are running the mastery, he isnt "fully neutered"

Im not coming after you i was telling you what you dont know, im simply making you realize, since you seem to not know anything since you said kitty dosent have a safety net which is laughable not only does that say alot about your progression level, it says alot about your skill, no offense with all do respect.
    1) She's not one of the most hard-hitting champs in the game
    2) She's not good on defense. If you think she is then we should just stop this argument right now.
    3) 100% uptime on phase isn't practical or realistic in every fight.
    4) I don't think you know what a safety net is. Damage immunity is not a safety net. A safety net is something like Nick's second life or Herc's immortality that can save you should you mess up. If you mess up with kitty, phase ends and you're wiped out by her tiny healthpool and the fact that she has NO defensive bonuses at all.
    5) Stop saying things are unchallenged, this is why you have a 10 to 1 disagree to agree ratio. Your takes are most definitely challenged.
    6) Same thing with kitty. Herc is not a good defender. He is a last minute option. 9 extra seconds (assuming max sig) is nothing. Stun immunity is also nothing if you know how to light intercept (which I'm sure you don't).

And lastly, I think it's time you dropped the profile so people know if you are worth arguing with or not.
    A couple hundred thousand on a specials isnt one of the hardest hitting i guess, whatever you say.

Damage immunity isnt a saftey net... oh boy oh boy im not sure whether i should laugh at you or cry for you, im not sure what's going on up there, this is one of the least intelligent things ive ever heard, and the least intelligent thing i've heard on these forums... why do you even bother talking about champs you dont have or dont play, its embarrassing.

She is a good defender, maybe have better placement.

100% uptime on phase is practical she retains all utility and damage from doing so.

If her phase ends, okay hear me out stay with me here... re-activate it, i know that might sound strange to you but what if i told you, she was designed to be able to do that 😮 i know right shocking 😐

And you do realize the defender cant move if they're being hit right?

The fact that you just proved my point in one sentence, "9 extra seconds"

his immortality is paused during special attacks, 9 seconds can turn into 15 really easily, and thats alot if points, not mentioning you cant block him so you have to dance around until you get an opening

He is not a last minute option he is a very good defender, he is a smart and reliable option if you pull your head out of the peni, korg, rintrah spam mindset

I think its about time you drop the vid of you playing kitty... or is this you right here?
    https://youtu.be/oAXUqNJwPeY
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Anly is Kitty Pryde.
This discussion has been closed.