Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
Genuinely one of the best films I’ve ever seen- the animation was beautiful and I cannot wait for Beyond next March. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Member Posts: 331 ★★★
    Pretty much every frame of the movie can be used as a wallpaper

It was visually amazing. Animations were definitely better than the last one and by alot

10/10, very excited for beyond the spider verse 🥹🤲🏼
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,278 ★★★★★
    I loved it. I loved the live-action Prowler in particular.

Also thought it was very clever that the code for the "canon event" for the death of a police officer close to the Spider is ASM 90, referencing Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 #90 when Captain Stacey died.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★
    CHAI IS TEA
    NAN IS BREAD
    IT'S LIKE ME SAYING YOU WANT COFFEE COFFEE WITH SOME CREAM CREAM
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,237 ★★★★★
    loved it. i just wish i could have paused to see all of the Spidey variations on screen lol
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Member Posts: 619 ★★★
    It was a beautiful movie, graphics were stellar
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 709 ★★★★
    Hot take: this is the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time (including the live action stuff)

Yeah the Tobey films will always have the nostalgia and I’m not trying to take away from that.

But for everything we’ve seen in this new miles-verse, it’s so unique and interesting. You can’t just immediately jump the the end of the story and predict everything that’s gonna happen.

This is different to any other comic book movie and I love it.
  • Artoria77Artoria77 Member Posts: 2,550 ★★★★★
    If they nail beyond the spiderverse it’s definitely the best comic book movie trilogy of all time.

Hobie was definitely the MVP showing Miles how to escape.

Pavitr Prabhakar is way too happy of a Spiderman he needs to lose someone close to him 😭

Spot is a great villain, he could finally be the villain of the week ☠️
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Never thought I'd see pavitr prabhakar on screen when i first read the comic. We were all laughing and making fun of the indianised charector names back then. Kinda disappointed they didn't have Meera Jain . But Gayathri was a proper replacement that didn't sound like someone trying to match the og names. The accent was a bit iffy but passable.

Spot was great. Never looking at in game spot the same way again. The scary music with s99 and Prowler miles is dope.