Options

Does anyone know how I can get past Lines in the Sand/5.3 without spending 1000 units on revives

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Can you show the rest of your roster?
  • Options
    Defense_Power1Defense_Power1 Posts: 16
    edited June 2023
    Sure

• Options
    bro im stuck on the same quest and have been for weeks, I have about the same rating characters as you and I even have 2 6 stars and still cant even get halfway through
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    That's where you're first introduced to the Masochism node, right? The trick there is to either not apply any debuffs so that the defenders don't regenerate, or to apply so many debuffs that you overwhelm the defender with them.

Doom is a good example. He'll apply a drizzle of debuffs no matter how you play him. Either you try to parry the defender, in which his stun gets purified and the defender regenerates, or you intercept with him and he applies a shock debuff that the defender purifies and heals from. So what do you do?

Well, you have two options - basically the ones I listed above. You could go for a rotation that utilizes few debuffs - go for his SP3 that gives you a passive stun that can't be purified as well as a fury buff that provides extra damage without putting a debuff on the opponent. I don't know if you know how to execute the "Doom cycle" but it can be really effective in these types of situations. It basically means getting to your SP3, pushing the opponent to as much power afterward as you can before throwing an SP1 to steal that power for yourself, and then repeating it. This rotation doesn't rely on any debuffs so it'll eat right through Masochism.

The other rotation is to focus on his SP2. It dumps a bunch of incinerates on the opponent so you have to make sure that Masochism is on cooldown before you launch it. If you time it correctly, however, your opponent will only purify the non-damaging debuffs (let's pretend that Doom's shocks are non-damaging debuffs for the sake of the argument since they hardly deal any damage anyway) while letting his high-damage debuffs stick on the defender so that they can burn them to a crisp.

Other champs work more or less the same. You either try to minimize the number of debuffs you place on the opponent or you try to place so many debuffs on them that those that stick do the job.

Rintrah could be an interesting champion. He'll trigger Masochism every now and again, but if you have neutralize up, he won't trigger any regen. Instead, the defender will get a rupture on them whenever a regen buff fails to trigger. At least I think that's how it works. I don't remember if Masochism gives the defender a regen buff or simply a burst of health. If it's the latter then Rintrah's neutralize might not prevent it, but either case, he places enough debuffs on the opponent that he can probably brute force his way through fights. At least against Cosmic champions with lots of buffs.

One last thing: this is an excellent time to try to learn how to intercept your opponent (if you don't already know how to do so). What that means is that, when the defender tries to attack you, you attack them instead. Basically, when they lunge at you, you lunge right back at them before they reach you. If you time it right, you'll be the one that hits into them rather than the other way around. When you learn how to do this, you won't have to parry them in order to stun them in order to get an opening to attack. This removes the most common debuff that you place on them. If you're used to always parrying and then attacking the opponent while they are stunned, then that quest is a nightmare since most of your stuns are purified and don't give you those usual openings (while simultaneously healing the defender). That's why that quest is a kind of rite of passage in the game.

Dave from Dork Lessons was everybody's teacher back in the day and his videos still hold up today. And he has one on intercepting opponents!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIaGpZgmQJs

Hope this gives you some ideas regarding how to tackle the quest.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,385 ★★★★★
    Use Hercules, he doesn't inflict ant debuffs on striking and if u don't parry. Don't dash back immediately after using first medium or light attack or he will inflict debuff. U can even use Archangel, he reduces the chance of opponent to purify with the more bleeds he inflicts. If the opponent does not purify, they won't regenerate. Hope it helps
  • Options
    Defense_Power1Defense_Power1 Posts: 16
    A big issue lately has been upgrade materials and especially gold. These pictures were taken a week ago and the only major difference is that I got an infamous iron man 4 star to rank 4 so he can be on the team as a replacement for annihilus. After him, I want to see myself finding materials to upgrade Hercules and Archangel.