**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to medium intercept safely

Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Posts: 255 ★★
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Is there a way you can 100% safely medium intercept or is there always a risk? Backdraft intercept I think it’s officially called.

Considering opponent has no bars of power and there are no specific nodes that counter intercepting.

Comments

• Options
    Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Posts: 255 ★★
    edited June 2023

There is always a risk because you are leaving yourself open. It’s a skill worth learning, but how well it works is determined significantly by the AI’s willingness to play.

True, currently i’m in the practise arena learning it.

I’ve found that pausing slightly after medium + light before dashing back and in again has been working pretty well.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    It's like RPS, there's an option that counters every action. The AI can light intercept your medium intercept, launch a special, block, or dash back. You have to get a good grasp on when to go for it.
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 521 ★★★

There is always a risk because you are leaving yourself open. It’s a skill worth learning, but how well it works is determined significantly by the AI’s willingness to play.

So it's not a skill, it's AI's willingness to play now. The AI have started standing still and if you dash at him he would counter with light attack. It's gambling now
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,670 Guardian
    The safest intercept to learn is the light intercept. You just are going to have to be more reactive to the AI. If you misread the AI and go for a light intercept when they dash backwards, you just whiff. You don't leave yourself vulnerable to being intercepted by the AI, or special intercepted since you won't be dashing across the screen.

Medium intercepts will always have risk if you misread the opponent, but light intercepts mitigate a lot of that risk at the expense you have to have good reaction time or be good at reading the opponent.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 885 ★★★
    Learn light intercepts, it'll go a long way
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I've always medium intercepted. Just the way I learned. Practice.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    You can do it by reacting to their characters animation, but it's also very easy to misinterpret a block or dash back animation.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    There are no "100% safe" intercepts
    That is why I don't like nodes / champs that require u to intercept, bcoz there is always some risk involved