Side quest bug/exploit claiming keys early through stash

Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 785 ★★★★
The intent looks like the side quest keys were supposed to be released every other day based on the in game event showing timers to claim the rewards. The problem is they are claimable in your overflow with a 7 day expiration timer.

Can we get some clarification on whether using all of the the side quest keys today would be considered exploiting a bug? We aren’t gaining anything but time but it’s also clearly a bug that is allowing us to get things earlier than intended.

I’m holding off on running the side quest until the VFX bugs are fixed anyway but if I have to keep track of how many keys I’m supposed to have when I do start it I’ll just wait until the end of the month so I don’t use any early.

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,691 ★★★★★
    I was thinking the same thing. There’s no real exploit here. Nobody is gaining bonus rewards, nobody is getting more than someone else, players that are highly motivated would just be able to get the SQ out of the way faster.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    NOT an exploit. If you reach the amount of points needed to get these items, they go into your reward overflow stash... which EXPIRE in 7 DAYS. So if I don't claim them they're gone... would THAT be fair? The timer makes it a must. Claim these before they're gone... right @Kabam Jax ?
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 439 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:
    As you can clearly discern, this was not intended. However, to make adjustments at this stage in the game would be very high-risk. As pointed out in this thread, there is no real exploit, as no one is really getting access to anything they wouldn't otherwise be able to, they're simply getting it sooner.

tldr; don't stress about accessing your keys earlier than intended.

Appreciate the response, Jax! Now time to turn on try-hard mode and then complain about how boring the rest of the month is!
    Yeah, that's the one downfall, and the design intent around this event: It was meant to keep Summoners engaged all month, and now everyone can rush it and end up with less content later this month. Remember to pace yourselves everyone!!
    Appreciate you Jax!

Jinx
    Do they expire in 7 days if you DON'T claim them @Kabam Jax ?
  • whyme_why6whyme_why6 Member Posts: 80
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:
    As you can clearly discern, this was not intended. However, to make adjustments at this stage in the game would be very high-risk. As pointed out in this thread, there is no real exploit, as no one is really getting access to anything they wouldn't otherwise be able to, they're simply getting it sooner.

Does that mean were able to use that at all or should we wait
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    TheExit27 said:

If they are available to be claimed SOMEWHERE, the fact they get removed elsewhere would not prevent you from claiming them if they still show somewhere else.

ie, Mail Msg disappears after a while, Stash disappears after a while.
    But if Milestone in a Solo Event that is still running, you can still claim.

(I verified this in a different sort, the Gwenpool Special Resort event, I let something expire from Stash, but since 30 day Gwenpool event was still going, I could still claim from those daily Panels in there). Same should be true of this Solo Event.
    edited June 2023

TheExit27 said:

If they are available to be claimed SOMEWHERE, the fact they get removed elsewhere would not prevent you from claiming them if they still show somewhere else.

ie, Mail Msg disappears after a while, Stash disappears after a while.
    But if Milestone in a Solo Event that is still running, you can still claim.

(I verified this in a different sort, the Gwenpool Special Resort event, I let something expire from Stash, but since 30 day Gwenpool event was still going, I could still claim from those daily Panels in there). Same should be true of this Solo Event.
    Excellent!! Thank you for the info. I’ll keep this in mind for future situations. Thanks again.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    and I'm almost done with it, just 9 keys left lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,482 ★★★★★
    *Just a heads up. Potential conflict. If you do them ahead, make sure to claim them within 7 days. They have an expiry in the Stash.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,082 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:

Appreciate the response, Jax! Now time to turn on try-hard mode and then complain about how boring the rest of the month is!
    Yeah, that's the one downfall, and the design intent around this event: It was meant to keep Summoners engaged all month, and now everyone can rush it and end up with less content later this month. Remember to pace yourselves everyone!!
    I’m about 27 days from being engaged AF. Don’t worry. 17525 and counting.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,221 ★★★
    I have 3 waiting to be claimed that I can’t claim. What gives?
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,221 ★★★
    Nvm found where to claim them
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,455 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:

You say that but some of us don’t want to be on this game longer than we should be forced to, especially with the state of the game at the moment
    I doubt that they're designing content with people who barely want to play in mind.
    There’s a difference between “keeping summoners engaged” all month vs. forcing them to play each week because it’s locked behind a time gate. One of the best ways Kabam has helped summoners be engaged? They’ve done Summer of Pain and Eternity of Pain.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 871 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:

I did rush to get all the keys but have only done 2 runs. There’s TB event quest, AQ, AW, BG, and more. Lots to do in game right now.
  • Wasy1Wasy1 Member Posts: 101
    If we quit the quest half way we lost the key, will we still be able to get last milestones rewards in threat lvl 5?
    @Kabam
    Wasy1 said:

If we quit the quest half way we lost the key, will we still be able to get last milestones rewards in threat lvl 5?
    @Kabam

You’ve got 11 total fights of wiggle room for the threat level objectives. You’ve got only 2-3 fights of wiggle room for the spend objective.
  • FrankWhiteFrankWhite Member Posts: 181 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:

This „bug“ is a huge W imo. So you can blast through it and have time later on for BG, 8.3 beta or something else in the game. This should be a change for the Sq and be like that regularly every month
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,482 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Kabam Jax said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

For clarification:

You say that but some of us don’t want to be on this game longer than we should be forced to, especially with the state of the game at the moment
    I doubt that they're designing content with people who barely want to play in mind.
    There’s a difference between “keeping summoners engaged” all month vs. forcing them to play each week because it’s locked behind a time gate. One of the best ways Kabam has helped summoners be engaged? They’ve done Summer of Pain and Eternity of Pain.
    One Fight a week is not a way to keep people engaged. Regardless, if someone barely wants to play on a regular basis, that's a personal thing.
  • Y3LLOWTRA5H_Y3LLOWTRA5H_ Member Posts: 23
    Does the spider exchange store ever reset? Or you can only claim the slotted number of purchases per item and that’s that?

Does the spider exchange store ever reset? Or you can only claim the slotted number of purchases per item and that’s that?

It will not reset.