**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

Comments

• IronicFist wrote: »
    PS - i'm sorry i called you guys "Kabob"... my autocorrect is overzealous :s

Recently autocorrect caused a coworker of mine to accidentally send out a blast message to a client asking them if they had an emergency issue to contact our "hemp desk."

Kabam could probably use one of those now. They might not eliminate the issue, but we'd all feel like it was less of an emergency.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    MH2804 wrote: »
    Hey @Ad0ra_ , now that the game is running smoothly, any plans on unlocking 5.4 today?

We've been talking with the team, and just confirmed that we will not be unlocking 5.4 today. While things appear to be more stable at the moment, we want more certainty before we release that content. We will keep everyone apprised of the release intentions for 5.4 as that becomes more clear. Really glad you're still excited for it, and sorry that we've had to delay it for you all.

This is great news.

I would like to give my 2 cents though - it's going to be 2018 soon, I recommend having a plan to fix the root cause of the issue by 2018. And in my opinion,

1.) Pay off your technical debt, and
    2.) Give your engineering team the ability to say "No" to your business devs / stakeholders.

If you can't do #2, I recommend doubling the headcount of your engineering team wherein 50% of them is allocated just for #1.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    IronicFist wrote: »
    PS - i'm sorry i called you guys "Kabob"... my autocorrect is overzealous :s

Recently autocorrect caused a coworker of mine to accidentally send out a blast message to a client asking them if they had an emergency issue to contact our "hemp desk."

Kabam could probably use one of those now. They might not eliminate the issue, but we'd all feel like it was less of an emergency.

That's hilarious. I have several Autocorrect Fails that are probably not appropriate for the Forum. One somewhat vanilla is that my Autocorrect keeps changing the word "Good" with "Goof". Certain crowds that doesn't go well with.
  • Can at least for being patient like give us shards or maybe crystal pls reward us like other games when their game server went down, they rewarded us once they fixed the server
  • kbbeezzykbbeezzy Posts: 1
    I'm a long-time player, like every other long-time player I have invested time and money. All of us players old and new alike are affected by this but us long time players are taking more of a punch, we've been through this before we seen this before and it's still happening and continues to happen and in the past when it's happened it has not been proper compensation, so as a longtime player I can comfortably say it is time for some proper compensation.any good business owner knows the key to success is good customer service and good people skills, for all of your customers but especially for your long-time loyal customers kaBam needs to show and prove here, and I'm not saying to give us crumbs and Pat us on our head and send us on our way, I'm saying some real compensation because we spend real time and real money and we're loyal, so please stand up and show us new and long time loyal customers that we matter, just as us loyal long time and short time customers continue to reach in our pockets and in our daily lives by donating our time and money to show you that you matter.
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    How long for 5.4? Today? Tomorrow?
  • It’s coming soon...
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    Munrolm02 wrote: »
    There's no way those items could be expiring now they just went on sale. Other than that a few energy refills is nothing compared to the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of units it's going to take to complete it. It's only Been 7 hours delayed lol and frankly I ain't doing no Legends run until the first week when the maps are drawn out

Thousands upon thousands upon thousands? Not very optimistic lol. Act 5.3 cost me zero units. I expect 5.4 to be really difficult but doubt it'll escalate from zero to thousands upon thousands upon thousands. Could be wrong.

What you don't think that's 5.4 is going to cost at least an Odin LOL thousands upon thousands yeah that's about an Odin. 5.3 cost to 0 units to complete eh???? I think you're hiding the 1500 free crystals you had to open
  • we lost 3 crystal map 4 and a lot of health
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    There's no way those items could be expiring now they just went on sale. Other than that a few energy refills is nothing compared to the thousands upon thousands upon thousands of units it's going to take to complete it. It's only Been 7 hours delayed lol and frankly I ain't doing no Legends run until the first week when the maps are drawn out

Thousands upon thousands upon thousands? Not very optimistic lol. Act 5.3 cost me zero units. I expect 5.4 to be really difficult but doubt it'll escalate from zero to thousands upon thousands upon thousands. Could be wrong.

What you don't think that's 5.4 is going to cost at least an Odin LOL thousands upon thousands yeah that's about an Odin. 5.3 cost to 0 units to complete eh???? I think you're hiding the 1500 free crystals you had to open

He isn't. It's perfectly possible for a high level player to beat 5.3 with no units and free crystals. I don't plan to use any on 5.4 either
  • I'm facing trouble with the Autoplay switching off automatically
  • We want 5.4
  • Can we get the info when you plan to release 5.4?

That’s a shame to the guys who’s waiting on it and you just saying that it isn’t going to be release today. Just say when you expect to release it. Today? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? With bases?
  • Jaguaraci_SilvaJaguaraci_Silva Posts: 151
    edited December 2017
    A lot of players like me have used units, revives, and health potions for finishing the modok special events during the servers outage. A lot of players like me have losten alliance events milestones because game's instability too. The problem isn't just give us a shut up rewards package but know how it will impact our alliance and individual progress. I guess a lot of us would like to receive rank down tickets, T4 class, and T1 alpha catalysts because we lost the opportunity of rank up our champions. I don't know if all here has time, but some of us don't have any free time to finish these events during the week. The servers outages reduced drastically our chances of getting big rewards in these events and enjoy the 3 years of MCOC like we should. Sincerely, all events rewards should be gifted to all players.
  • Hey, I don’t know if it’s everyone, but for some reason since the last Maintenance, opponents will randomly block a sp1 or sp2 after a combo. Any help?
  • BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    Whoever posted that long msg about Kabam changing who gets arena awards AND bringing in a new arena AND changing up AQ & AW AND still getting a compensation package with sigs & what not is possibly the most deluded post Ive ever seen LOL!

a) Its not happening
    b) When people talk about us as a community "being entitled"- this is what theyre talking about.
    c) Its not happening lol

Kabam will do the bare minimum & honestly they shouldnt do everything listed in that insane post lol thats a millennial right there...
  • this is the worst I've seen it in a long time!

Please let us know when fixed and compensate us. We've been looking forward to the 3 year celebration.
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    I don’t care about compensation I just want 5.4 to go live before my items expire, that is not to much to ask, they start expiring in 4 days, by this point I will want a full refund on the units spent on these items, 2 odins worth!. @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Stu198311 wrote: »
    I don’t care about compensation I just want 5.4 to go live before my items expire, that is not to much to ask, they start expiring in 4 days, by this point I will want a full refund on the units spent on these items, 2 odins worth!. @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike

Well... I mean why did you buy them that much in advance?

To expire in 4 days means you started getting them a few weeks ago, that's a silly move isn't it?

Hopefully it's live so they don't run out though, just puzzled as to why you purchased them so long ago.
  • BigbadromoBigbadromo Posts: 26
    So why hasn’t there been an announcement on 5.4 yet. Servers are seemingly back to normal. Should be no reason it isn’t going to be released today
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Stu198311 wrote: »

Well... I mean why did you buy them that much in advance?

To expire in 4 days means you started getting them a few weeks ago, that's a silly move isn't it?

Hopefully it's live so they don't run out though, just puzzled as to why you purchased them so long ago.

Probably because there were sales on a lot of items
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    I was going to grind Road to Million. Then I saw these outage reports.
  • Kabam I have been facing many issues like no connection and cannot connect in the last 24 hours please fix this as I have not been able to play some evnets
  • First off I don’t think it’s silly to farm and purchase potions prior to the release of 5.4. I know you will say “you should have known they would screw up” but being excited and preparing for future content and putting faith in kabam shouldn’t result in punishment. There is no way compensation will be fair for everyone. Some will get way more then they deserve and some way less.
    I would love to see 5.4 be released sooner rather then later and that could be done just warning people who are going for legend to hold off for a few years until servers are working properly.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Either turn off the overflow timers or reset them.
  • Jtaylor23Jtaylor23 Posts: 20
    edited December 2017
    Hello again Kabam, I understand that you sent a compensation package to all those that fought the overbuffed Ice Phoenix and they are ever so grateful. I however did not receive anything for such and used at least 10 revives on her, potions as well. If you could explain as to why I was overlooked that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you if you decide to look into this and my email is jamietaylor196522@gmail.com and hope you guys have a great holiday season!