**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Now with the BG store updating on June 22, I have a question.

Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 297 ★★★
Are 7 star shards from the store worth it?
150 shards for 1850 TT, so 1500 for 18500 which is about 12.33 TT per shard.
On the other hand if we take 6 star shards into consideration, if we assume you only want 7 star shards and are purchasing basic crystals and have most of the champs in the basic pool, we'd get 275×3= 825 shards for 13,500 TT.
That is around 16.36 TT per 7* shard, about a 24% increase BUT you also get 3 six stars, 72 tier 5 class iso blocks and some useful sigs maybe.
You also have a chance to get maybe a useful 6 star that has eluded you as far.

So. Are 7 star shards worth it?

Comments

• Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 297 ★★★

On the other hand if we take 6 star shards into consideration, if we assume you only want 7 star shards and are purchasing basic crystals and have most of the champs in the basic pool, we'd get 275×3= 825 shards for 13,500 TT.
    That is around 16.36 TT per 7* shard, about a 24% increase BUT you also get 3 six stars, 72 tier 5 class iso blocks and some useful sigs maybe.

Edit: 24% decrease
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I think u already answered ur question
    If u're smart enough to make these calculations, u're smart enough to know what's the better option

I personally will be alternating between R4 materials, 6* shards & 6* sig stones

Rest of the "good stuff" does not come at a "good price"
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 555 ★★★
    Imo grab both if you can afford them both thats my plan 6* shards / 7* shards / T6CCs will be top 3 on my shopping list every week.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 980 ★★★
    I think for the top BG players, they might be able to spend on both. But for BG bottom dwellers like me, I will alternate between rank 4/5 mats and 6* shards…
  • Options
    Watcher6Watcher6 Posts: 43
    I like the cost decrease on R4 materials for certain I will be playing BGs more n finally get my 2 other R4 for PG title. But I still think they should’ve increased the fragments a lil more
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,853 ★★★★★
    R4 materials for me because it makes more sense to strengthen the deck, hopefully that translates to more wins, which makes R4 material easier to get.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,521 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Whats the point of putting 7* shards in the shop if one can get more from opening 6 stars which themselves are still viable?

Because not all players get an automatic dupe from each 6*
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,010 Guardian

If you are choosing between the two options, then the 6* shards are the better value. However, there is a limit for both purchases. You can only buy 30k 6* shards per store reset. That's 13500 trophies. In a single BG season a player that reaches GC will earn ten times that many trophies (my recollection is the VT contains 135,900 trophy tokens before counting BG objectives). So for players that want the maximum amount of 7* shards, the best option is to buy up the 6* shards first, then the 7* shards. Depending on how high they get in BG, even that will not exhaust their tokens and they'll have plenty left over.

(Maxing out both would cost 32,000 tokens per week, which would be 128,000 tokens in a month or 160,000 tokens across five weeks including the break between seasons. That's comparable to the low end of trophy tokens a player who gets to the GC would earn between VT, GC, BG objectives, and alliance event rewards).
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 890 ★★★

R4 materials for me because it makes more sense to strengthen the deck, hopefully that translates to more wins, which makes R4 material easier to get.

It took me way too long to figure this out....the 6 star shards were enticing for so long but I soon realized I have a ton of good champs and playing with a deck where my lowest champ is a 6r3 (although most of my entire deck is 6r3) is much much easier. Having a deep deck will ultimately equate to tens of thousands of more tokens.....the r4 mats are going to be huge and by season 10 half the people you play will have 15-20+ 6r4 or higher....I'd def say prepare what you have more than trying to find new champs that are basically 1 in 10 chances
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,161 ★★★
    Yeah I’ll be skipping the 7 star shards for such an exorbitant amount. 1850 for 150 is ridiculous. I think they need to add a 0 to that considering it’s 15 k for a 7 star
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,024 Guardian
    7 star shards are there to look pretty, that's about it. What I enjoy about the store update is that the 6* shards and sigs aren't the only thing in the store worth buying. When I need sigs, I might consider spending some tokens on those, but I plan on picking up all the t6b, t3a, and some of the t6cc selectors too. Those rankup materials will help me more than duping more 6*s.
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Whats the point of putting 7* shards in the shop if one can get more from opening 6 stars which themselves are still viable?

For them to say that they made 7* shards more accessible
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,378 ★★★★★
    I'd say you're better off killing two birds with one stone and getting them from Dups, unless you happen to be very close to another Crystal.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,853 ★★★★★

It took me way too long to figure this out....the 6 star shards were enticing for so long but I soon realized I have a ton of good champs and playing with a deck where my lowest champ is a 6r3 (although most of my entire deck is 6r3) is much much easier. Having a deep deck will ultimately equate to tens of thousands of more tokens.....the r4 mats are going to be huge and by season 10 half the people you play will have 15-20+ 6r4 or higher....I'd def say prepare what you have more than trying to find new champs that are basically 1 in 10 chances
    I stopped buying 6* shards two seasons ago for exactly that reason and started hoarding the BG currency. There is no one I really want or need enough to spend thousands of shards chasing them.

The initial dopamine hit from the ridiculous amount of shards available from BG's wore off.

R4's are going to be far easier to get in a couple of days, I need to get them faster than the other guy given I don't have many (7 of) with the rest of the deck at R3 except poor old R2 Terrax.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,995 ★★★★★

@phillgreen keep in mind, the more r4’s you get, the harder your matchups will be so it doesn’t necessarily make the r4 mats easier to get. One can argue that this may make 6* shards (for 7* shards) the way to go.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

@phillgreen keep in mind, the more r4’s you get, the harder your matchups will be so it doesn’t necessarily make the r4 mats easier to get. One can argue that this may make 6* shards (for 7* shards) the way to go.
    This doesn't really matter for players that reach gc within the first week, week and a half. There it's just a match based on your score. I would always go for more r4
  • Options

I'd say you're better off killing two birds with one stone and getting them from Dups, unless you happen to be very close to another Crystal.

Only time I'll buy em....if I'm a few hundred short....and even then I'd prob open a 6 star or two.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Polygon said:

Yes and no...he seems like he's got a similar roster to me....in BG 90% of my matches are vs better accounts where average opponent is 20k-24k.....I'd say my avg guy is 17-20k and I'm personally confident enough in my skills to face a deck of all r5 (as long as I have a slew of r4s to combat them). If I was facing a deck like mine every BG match I'd be weary of ranking so many champs up but if.im.gonna face a better team I might as well race to get to that level and have a deeper roster to combat it
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If you are choosing between the two options, then the 6* shards are the better value. However, there is a limit for both purchases. You can only buy 30k 6* shards per store reset. That's 13500 trophies. In a single BG season a player that reaches GC will earn ten times that many trophies (my recollection is the VT contains 135,900 trophy tokens before counting BG objectives). So for players that want the maximum amount of 7* shards, the best option is to buy up the 6* shards first, then the 7* shards. Depending on how high they get in BG, even that will not exhaust their tokens and they'll have plenty left over.

(Maxing out both would cost 32,000 tokens per week, which would be 128,000 tokens in a month or 160,000 tokens across five weeks including the break between seasons. That's comparable to the low end of trophy tokens a player who gets to the GC would earn between VT, GC, BG objectives, and alliance event rewards).
    How did you get 135900? I can see 45000 from advancing tiers from bronze to GC. Am I missing something? If you add objectives that would give an additional 16800 assuming you get 1200 tokens every other day.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,378 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023

Only time I'll buy em....if I'm a few hundred short....and even then I'd prob open a 6 star or two.
    I'd even bring it closer myself, 150 or less short. Otherwise you're not getting the value for your Trophies.