**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kate Bishop or Valkyrie

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
For r4

Main focus is BG’s. No suicides.

Used all my sigs on Abs Man but for the purpose of this poll, assume Valk would be s200. Kate is s20.

Kate’s damage from her critical dot scale really well with the higher rank at r4, but at the same time I think Valkyrie might need it more as her BG’s matchups take really long to finish

Kate Bishop or Valkyrie 130 votes

Kate Bishop
36%
DL864Spity68Keltanbryce7mIceBobbyCassySyndicatedMaxtheSilentnoor17dzikidzikGogeta91199EakomoPikoluTrafalgarwar96Captain_Pug30laserjohn26VedantMehtaAyden_noah1ZuroKRANꓘ 48 votes
Valkyrie (s200)
63%
FrnkieloDrZolaBitterSteelHort4Peps69ege999menViper83Darkrider05CsuttonThecurlerKpthagreatRayhanIshaqueSw0rdMasterJosh51700RasiloverrockykostonAkigothampunkMysterioTheKiryumasslove 82 votes

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★
    Kate Bishop
    Both are great options and Valk will definitely be better for the next meta, but Kate has been a great nuke for me at r4 and I’d take her up
  • Options
    Jarvisrei said:

For the next bg season it's gonna be unstoppable meta so yk who to pick!

I know this is a huge reason to vote for her, but I was kind of hoping the vote to be overall (without factoring in next months node)

• Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 471 ★★
    Kate Bishop
    I will go for Kate.. cos she can really counter annoying falter and miss plus her coldsnap are passive.. and you can select trick arrow for diff opponents.
  • Options
    Damn that’s interesting, Valkyrie was actually winning the vote by a good amount. Now Kate is in the lead.
  • Options
    Peps69Peps69 Posts: 12
    Valkyrie (s200)
    I like Kate a lot but I would not rank her up until knowing the result of the balance program.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Valk is definitely harder to play but the mechanics she ignores is outright hilarious
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Both are incredibly versatile but Valkyrie is ahead for me. In proper hand she’s just so good.
  • Options
    Question for the above 3 responses, what exactly makes Valkyrie harder to play?

Isnt the rotation for BG’s just doing MLLL on a combo that would take you above 10 hits, then MLLLM to go back down (lesser lights if possible to have enemy at less power) then alternating this until 3 bulwark/3 pierce then throwing the sp2 into block?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Polygon said:

Isnt the rotation for BG’s just doing MLLL on a combo that would take you above 10 hits, then MLLLM to go back down (lesser lights if possible to have enemy at less power) then alternating this until 3 bulwark/3 pierce then throwing the sp2 into block?

She’s harder because you need to track and manipulate your combo meter to get the most out of her, whereas with Kate you can just spam sp1’s.

I wouldn’t say Valkyrie is a hard champ to play, but in certain matches with certain nodes she’s tricky, when you’re manipulating your combo meter and the AI whilst playing around nodes.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Polygon said:

Valkyrie isn’t hard to play, just harder. Kate is very simple once you can perfect release, which once learned is easy. It’s just 2 Sp1s and that’s it, pause/refresh debuffs

Valk has slightly more complexity, in reversing combo and making the AI block your sp2.

That’s pretty much it, in a Bg match there’s more to think about when using Valk, which most of the time won’t be an issue but sometimes could cause players to overthink/mess up because of the slight more complexity. Not much in the grand scheme of things, but a point worth bringing up
  • Options
    @BitterSteel @FiiNCH

Thanks for clarifying. I’m leaning towards Valk more now, but someone the other day was surprised that I hadn’t r4ed my AA yet.

I always figured he didn’t really need it as much for BG’s as other champs on attack due to the nature of his damage. Though I know it could help him for tanky champs like sas and rintrah, wont the r4 make him more likely to be banned?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Personally with so few Rank 4’s in my account, I am afraid to take Kate up to R4 until she survives the rebalance period
  • Options

Personally with so few Rank 4’s in my account, I am afraid to take Kate up to R4 until she survives the rebalance period

When will we hear more about this?

They should implement rank down tickets because sometimes these rebalances are in states of limbo, with the stances changing or being delayed...

Not to mention, people are dumping resources trying to obtain featured champs only for the possibility of them to be “rebalanced” after...
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    For the record Kate is awesome.

Valk at 200 is just nasty.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Valk is clear
    My R5 Valk gets used everywhere and almost every Meta. Can't wait to see her shine next BG season 🤩
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Have both Valk and Kate at R4 and still trying to figure which will be my first R5. I’m am leaning towards Valk. I don’t find Valk harder to play than Kate. Maybe because I have had her longer and played her much more. Her unstoppable counter is so valuable. I expect her to be banned all the time in the next BG season.
  • Options
    CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    edited June 2023
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Love them both. They’re just different champs. Kate is a handy nuke while valk can handle some tough match ups with ease. Both can be fairly quick too.
    With the new unstoppable meta, I’m guessing valk will be more valuable. Although she might get banned a lot cuz of that
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Valkyrie (s200)
    Valkyrie is just too good and can take most matchups at a respectable time.