**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can't fight MODOK

Master monthy quest. How am i supposed to fight MODOK when he blocks everything and the screen lags the whole time. parry, dashing, and blocking are pretty much useless.

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    The one thing you have to pay attention to is his flux buff. while this is active, he's going to auto block. as soon as he auto blocks this goes away. you have a small 7 second window to do some damage while his shield is down. You can parry, and play as normal here. when it comes back up, you do the same thing. attack until he auto blocks. retreat if you have to, then go all out.
  • Zero0978Zero0978 Posts: 21
    Some of your dash issues may have to do with your mastery set ups. But approach him like you would nightcrawler and fight him with that mindset. I was using mad health potions the first two times I ran that map, but then was given this same advise and never used a single potion or revive to 100% the map. Now, in most cases it took almost all my champs to finish him off, but that was the trick that helped me get out of the ditch with him.

Good luck finishing! He is a pain in the a** to fight! lol.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    as soon as he auto blocks this goes away. you have a small 7 second window to do some damage while his shield is down.
    ...or 3 seconds, if all your champs are alive, due to his abilities.

Another way is to parry and heavy. It not only deals damage but also removes his forcefield (since you can't block heavy attacks, excluding SYG mastery). From there, if he does not have enough power for a special, you can immediately dash forward after the heavy and you will be able to catch a combo on him, but if you don't want to risk that is fine too. But the main thing here is that heavy attacks are one way to bypass his auto block.

Alternatively, some champions can also remove his forcefield without him autoblocking, more specifically the ability accuracy reducer champions. Champions like BW and GP work so well against him because they are able to negate his forcefield most of the time without triggering his autoblock. Not to mention they are skill, causing MODOK's sig ability to be useless against them, and of course the class advantage.

Personally, I am bringing a team that focuses on countering him only. They are all maxed 4* dupes (except for SE spiderman): AA, GP, BW, SE spiderman, Wolverine. I bring wolverine just to clear the paths, and while tech spidey does not reduce ability accuracy, I can just do the first strategy or play really carefully, all while doing crazy damage to MODOK and being able to easily evade the dreaded specials.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I'm still practicing but I've gotten the hang of it: slow approach, hit 3-4 hit combo, don't use special except 3 and constant parry+heavy
  • AA stops his ability when neurology is on lol. Parry, heavy, repeat. All day. Evade l1
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    For the record, for those who happen to have Yondu, he works wonders on MODOCK.
    Besides having high block penetration, he also bleeds, crits, and armor breaks through blocks. I honestly ignore the fact the MODOCK is blocking and keep spamming combos, heavy, and SP1 regardless until he's KO.
    DW mastery helps.
  • Wow, good stuff
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Biggest tip is backup and bait and evade the l1 otherwise if your punching him he can just block and fire off his l1 whilst you're mid combo
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Yeah Yondu was my MPV and I have maxed high sig AA and GP in my team too.

Yondu did some serious damage to him.