**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to reduce lags [Under Investigation]

Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
To Kabam moderators:
would it be possible to get an answer?

Some friends discovered that when receiving help to accelerate availability of champion in arena, the application have lags when player is in a fight.
How did they notice it? They were playing together at the same time.
And when you think about it, the trouble is obvious. It was witten there is no button "help all" (only 4 max) because of the impact.
And we could discuss the loadtime when you ask for help for champions in arema...

Once you know that, you postpone ask for help to a moment when you won't play in order to avoid impacts of lags on the gameplay, or just don't ask for help.

If you play on recent iPhones, you don't notice it. But at least on Android it is undoubtedly a problem. I tried both.

So my question is: why not to remove the system of helps?
For arenas, just reduce the timer like champions had the 5 helps (6h instead of 8h for 5*, 1h50 instead of 2h for 4*-3*-2*).
For energy, just add 10 moves.
And give 1k of loyalty everyday (like the calendar prices) just for being in an alliance.

Ok it is a change (GUI, code layers, database), but removing loyalty help would have some advantages:
1) less code and data to maintain (and to backup)
2) less load/transactions for front servers (received/managed/sent data), so faster replies
3) less transactions/load for database because no more data to update (each help on a character and energy), so better performance
4) less lags in the game for players because less transactions
5) maybe less sent requests between client and server
6) lighter application in memory for client

I can see some future answers from players ("I loose advantage to be in an active alliance", "I loose advantage in arenas" and so on). But just think about the positive points for all the players, fir your teammates, not for only one.

And with yesterday outtage, I am confident in the look for optimization on the server side :-)
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Maverick75. Checking into this, it looks like some players have reported lag caused by the Help system. The team is currently looking into this, and will hopefully have an update for us by 17.0. Thanks for your patience.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    The only time I seem to have significant lag issues is when I have requested helps on champ stamina for arenas. During peak grinding, I can generate up to 100 champs requesting help and those last few fights are absolute murder on the lag. Because of this, I rarely don't do more than 25-30 fights at a time in arenas (especially if I am going to jump into a difficult series of quest/war fights afterwards).

I agree with the OP that this help system just needs to go away. Give bonus energy and reduce stamina refresh time if you're in an alliance.

Only other option would be to change when the helps are transmitted back to the device. The servers know when you're in a fight, and know when your fight ends. Simply "pause" that portion of the transmitting during the fight itself. The only thing that needs to be transmitted during the fight is the fact that you're remaining online and not using some form of cheat. Pause the chats, pause helps, then add that to the data sent/received as part of the end-fight comms.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    @Kabam Wolf and @Dexman1349
    Thanks for your answers.

Even if Dexman option seems viable, by considering future additional features, it would be better for players and developers to get rid of this help system that is not essential.

Will the v17.0 be released on january ?
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Hello
    Could we have some news about this subject ?
  • @Maverick75 Lol I’m sure you’ll be asking the same question next year
  • Chork4Chork4 Posts: 6
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Maverick75. Checking into this, it looks like some players have reported lag caused by the Help system. The team is currently looking into this, and will hopefully have an update for us by 17.0. Thanks for your patience.
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    Hello
    Could we have some news about this subject ?

This looks like a scam product kickstarter thread. Anyone want to buy an air umbrella?
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

"Checking into this" Right, right.