Who do you think the next trophy champ will be?

Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★
I noticed earlier in the year Jay Axe was speculating on the champs ahead and had Pirate Deadpool as his guess for the next trophy champ. I like DP, but what with DP, DPXF, Goldpool, Platpool and Venompool I think we've got enough Wades, thanks.

I was thinking about this the past couple of days and noticed some things and remembered something else...

Taking the trophy champs to be DP, Goldpool, Platpool, Wolverine Wep X, Jessica Jones, Immortal Iron Fist, Sigil Scarlet Witch, Punisher, Kang, Thanos, Ultron Classic and Vision, that gives us 4 mutants, 2 mystics, 3 tech, and one each of science, skill and cosmic. Which makes me hope the next one's not another mutant.

I also remembered Gabe said something several years back about doing something to release some of the characters that are in the game, but weren't playable, which would tend to make me think of the later releases of Weapon X and Jessica Jones. Two of the most immediate characters that aren't playable but were designed and modelled or were a boss that spring to mind would be Doctor Strange (Marvel Now) and Dark Phoenix. I wonder if we might get one of them as the next trophy champion...

I also wondered what other characters we might get thrown into the mix as a trophy champ, that aren't in the game in some way. Hank Pym versions of Giant-Man or Goliath? White Wolf Bucky? Bucky Captain America? IW Thor?

What say you?

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,584 ★★★★★
    Jean Grey, Jim Lee era.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I have no idea who the next trophy champ is, but I would really like a proper non-trophy Deadpool in the game. Almost all Deadpools in the game are trophy champs. Venompool is great but feels more like a symbiote champion than a Deadpool one to me, and DPXF is...well, DPXF. I actually don't mind him as much after his buff as a lot of other people seem to do, but he's still not a staple on my questing team. Especially when I'm not running the recoil masteries.

If a new Deadpool comes to the game and he's yet another trophy champ, I'm going to blow a gasket.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    My guess is Strombreaker Thor. I remember Kabam saying there were plans to add him as playable character but we have not seen nor heard anything about it since 2019?
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    7* Kang
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Kabam put out a joke post on April Fools a few years back where they announced Aunt May as a champion, I'd honestly really like it if they added her as a trophy champ with little to no utility
  • KatanaCatKatanaCat Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2023
    You fought Dark Phoenix in the same EQ normal Phoenix came out way back when. That'd be my guess.

They also modeled Ultimate SW and Iron Skull I think.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,764 ★★★★★
    I kinda wanna go vision (wandavision)
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★
    KatanaCat said:

They also modeled Ultimate SW and Iron Skull I think.

they did, but I don't see USW happening when we've got Sigil Witch.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    7* Groot. Unlocked by spending exactly 20,681 USD during banquet event
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    Maestro
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    The Tri-Sentinel, we got omega Sentinel, Sentinel, and Nimrod. Finish it all off with the tri Sentinel that will be stuck as a trophy champ locked behind some new high difficulty area like Classic Ultron
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    Or thetra Sentinel to be more accurate
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Jean Grey (mutant class), Maestro (act 4) or Dark Phoenix (cosmic class). They might also be planning something for Christmas, so it could be Santa as well.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,177 ★★★★★

Maestro

EdisonLaw said:

Jean Grey (mutant class), Maestro (act 4) or Dark Phoenix (cosmic class). They might also be planning something for Christmas, so it could be Santa as well.

congrats to you two for guessing Maestro. Particularly to Opandemonio for only guessing Maestro.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,712 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

Necro thread
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Maestro was my original guess and I’m glad I was correct