**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kabam really out for all the money, huh?

Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 288 ★★★
A 7 star brand new champion, available ONLY through tokens on the summer double track? Wow. That's a real new low.

Comments

• Options
    Josh51700Josh51700 Posts: 88
    Was this something brought up in the stream? I didn’t start watching till a few min ago. Who’s the champ? And when’s this drop?
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 633 ★★★
    Josh51700 said:

Was this something brought up in the stream? I didn’t start watching till a few min ago. Who’s the champ? And when’s this drop?

Was mentioned in the stream, no mention of who the champ is, and it will be part of the summer double track event that will start July 21
  • Options

Josh51700 said:

Was mentioned in the stream, no mention of who the champ is, and it will be part of the summer double track event that will start July 21
    Thanks! So regardless of who is in it, they are completely brand new? Or possibly one of the two featureds from this month?
  • Options
    Rahul_1423Rahul_1423 Posts: 14
    Josh51700 said:

Josh51700 said:

Thanks! So regardless of who is in it, they are completely brand new? Or possibly one of the two featureds from this month?
    From the tease they showed the pic of the token which had a bat in it
    I think i morbius might me one of the 7*
  • Options
    Josh51700 said:

Josh51700 said:

that wasn't 100% clear, but it sounds like a new champ to be released in October. Also the 7* only available to TB+
  • Options

Josh51700 said:

Josh51700 said:

that wasn't 100% clear, but it sounds like a new champ to be released in October. Also the 7* only available to TB+
    Interesting. So pretty much the double track is giving people the availability to get the champ sooner but will full release in October and not be exclusive to the track
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,440 ★★★★★
    Josh51700 said:

Josh51700 said:

Josh51700 said:

Interesting. So pretty much the double track is giving people the availability to get the champ sooner but will full release in October and not be exclusive to the track
    You can't get the champ until October.
  • Options
    Ainy said:

and that's news how? lol

I actually think it's a good deal, assuming it will be $10 per event, so $30 for a 7* champ is decent

last time they did one of these that ran over the course of 3 months, it was $9.99 for each month, so almost $30
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,034 ★★★★★
    I'm assuming this is the 3 month "summoner appreciation" stuff.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

correct
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Its summer event, not summoner appreciation. That one stopped existing for a couple of years now
    They don't call it that anymore, but we all know what it really is.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,853 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Its summer event, not summoner appreciation. That one stopped existing for a couple of years now
    They don't call it that anymore, but we all know what it really is.
    No really, it wasn't a name changing like what happened with the gifting event. They just stopped doing the appreciation event one and started doing the summer event. Notice how that was when they started monetizing the event via the track system
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 288 ★★★

It should be available without being behind any sort of paywall. If it is, then yeah sure shame on kabam once again

That champ will be available without a paywall. Arena. I truly don't understand why you still play this game. You're literally never happy about anything they ever do.
    I didn't know they did 7 star arenas. You playing a different game?
  • Options

It should be available without being behind any sort of paywall. If it is, then yeah sure shame on kabam once again

That champ will be available without a paywall. Arena. I truly don't understand why you still play this game. You're literally never happy about anything they ever do.
    I mean in his defense, being available at any rarity is still being available.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,440 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

You, honestly, that's my bad. I'll take my L on that one.

The 6* will be available for Cav players. But Ebony wasn't talking about 7*'s only. Plus, all new champs are available through featured crystals, either for units or offers.
  • Options
    Night_RiderNight_Rider Posts: 32
    I thought we'd be able to get the 7* without having to pay, but those that did would be able to spend the additional 3 tokens to dupe said 7*?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    It never ceases to amaze me how people are taken aback when something is offered for money in this game. Not everything in the game is free. Not everything in life is free.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,203 ★★★★
    Always such confusion. Maybe someday kabam will be able to be clear in their communications and explainations. (As well as timely)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Ainy said:

and that's news how? lol

I actually think it's a good deal, assuming it will be $10 per event, so $30 for a 7* champ is decent

Yeah, that's the problem. It's so cheap to change a spenders account entirely. If you avoid spending just out of pure preference and the fun of grinding for rewards, this is just a shiny deal you get to stare at before grinding Arena for 16 hours and getting practically nothing. Just not fun.
  • Options
    Please be Blackheart. Please be Blackheart. Please be Blackheart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited July 2023

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

I think it's worth clarifying... the October champ in question will still be available via the usual means of acquisition; this is just a way to guarantee you receive them, and you'll get him a bit early...

Tokens are awarded on the Plat path

“Him”. Well that narrows it down a bit (but probably also not really). Jax is the new leak!
    It's gotta be Morbius, right? "Him", vampire, October, bat icon on the token. I just hope we get an "it's morbin time" callout.