Options

Kabam really out for all the money, huh?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

I think it's worth clarifying... the October champ in question will still be available via the usual means of acquisition; this is just a way to guarantee you receive them, and you'll get him a bit early...

Tokens are awarded on the Plat path

“Him”. Well that narrows it down a bit (but probably also not really). Jax is the new leak!
    It's gotta be Morbius, right? "Him", vampire, October, bat icon on the token. I just hope we get an "it's morbin time" callout.
    I am hoping so. I’ve been wanting Morbius for a long time.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 233 ★★★
    Folks are really not seeing the problem I have with this.
    Sure the plat track will be let's say $30 and the rewards will build up over 3 months and be more than worth but are still PAID.
    There is no problem with people paying and getting a 7 star (paragon crystals)
    The July 4th deals were crazy good, and I have no problem with that too.

Thing is, for only 30 bucks, you get a bucket load of stuff AND a 7 star. In a time where 7 stars take potentially months of clearing content to get and then too it's based upon RNG if they will be particularly useful, getting a 7 star for just 30 dollars devalues the grind immensely.

This trend, if it continues, will create a stark difference between spenders and non-spenders.
    Not just the F2P and whales, they are always going to be different, but the classification will be SPENDER and NON-SPENDER.

• Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 710 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

I think it's worth clarifying... the October champ in question will still be available via the usual means of acquisition; this is just a way to guarantee you receive them, and you'll get him a bit early...

Tokens are awarded on the Plat path.

Fully agreed with @Sceptilemaniac2 ,

So just after the 4th July deals and the whole community is divided between Spender and Non- Spender.

Kabam decided the best way to balance to game economic and create a better more balance environment for the MCOC gaming community by giving Spender not just a 7* champ, which is hard enough to save up for 15k of shards. But actually give a newest feature champs (guaranteed) to spender....woh...honestly...woh. I really don't see how this is helping the community.

This is on top of what Spender will get from both Gold and Plat track.

How about this, like we always agreed on Spender should get more than Non-Spender. So sure why don't Kabam give Spender a brand new feature 7* champ, and give Non-spender at least a normal generic 7* crystal. That sound more than fair
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Probably just a 7* Platpool
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★

I'd sell a kidney for that. Lol. Okay, maybe an exaggeration. An appendix?
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,602 ★★★★
    If it's going to be 7* Platpool then I will be very disappointed. Haven't even ranked up my 6* one.
  • Options

It’s going to be a 7* of one of the October champs…
  • Options

7-Star Plantpool. Half Groot, Half Deadpool.
    Dang, one thread with both Jax and now Miike leaking October info. Just trying to get ahead of that other guy now?
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 255 ★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

Tokens are awarded on the Plat path

“Him”. Well that narrows it down a bit (but probably also not really). Jax is the new leak!
    It's gotta be Morbius, right? "Him", vampire, October, bat icon on the token. I just hope we get an "it's morbin time" callout.
    If it's Morbius, I will request a refund.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

They're not going to sell one of the October champs for $30 or whatever when there are paragon crystals to sell
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 153
    Maybe Dracula?
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 418 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

Couldn't ask for a better 7 star if it is indeed Morbius.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,448 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

Hmmm "get him"... Gladiator? (We already know he's not coming next month) 🧐
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

Gladiator is coming in September.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,448 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Gang,

Gladiator is coming in September.
    Oh did they say that in the livestream or somewhere else? Completely missed it