Is the winner of Battleground Brawl seriously getting a 7 star rank 2-3 gem or is this a mistake ??

MightyHMightyH Member Posts: 32
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
Only 6 months after the release of 7 star are we really going to see the 1st rank 3 by the end of October with the winner of Battlegrounds Brawl receiving a rank 2-3 7 star gem or this a mistake because imo we shouldnt even be able to have a r2 by that time yet we could get that as soon as 7star dropped & to now have a r3 by October seems way to fast compared to 6 & 5 star ranks , do u agree with this decision or is this a sign of MCOC on its way out cause many of my alliance will quit at this point & I may have to think about that myself if it happens , I’m interested to no what the MCOC community thinks

Comments

• Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 849 ★★★★
    MightyH said:

Only 6 months after the release of 7 star ... because imo we shouldnt even be able to have a r2 by that time

We have R2 7* now, were always going to be able to have them shortly/immediately after release because they use the same materials as an R5 6*, just more. That's exactly how it was with 6* too...
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,771 ★★★★★
    It's for rank 1. Don't be jelly, go win it.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    And we'll probably see TONS more after Cyber weekend
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,903 ★★★★★
    It’s not a mistake lol
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    I don't really see the issue in this specific case. If we had seen it be a whale reward during July 4th, that would have been another issue. That would have been way too quick to advance the game.

But the best player in the world getting a 2-3 gem before anyone else? That's fine in my book. Since you not only have to actually win the contest but also travel (possibly) across the world to do so, Kabam can't just reward them with a diploma and a pat on the back when they win. It has to be something worthwhile.
  • TingusPingusTingusPingus Member Posts: 19
    MightyH said:

Only 6 months after the release of 7 star are we really going to see the 1st rank 3 by the end of October with the winner of Battlegrounds Brawl receiving a rank 2-3 7 star gem or this a mistake because imo we shouldnt even be able to have a r2 by that time yet we could get that as soon as 7star dropped & to now have a r3 by October seems way to fast compared to 6 & 5 star ranks , do u agree with this decision or is this a sign of MCOC on its way out cause many of my alliance will quit at this point & I may have to think about that myself if it happens , I’m interested to no what the MCOC community thinks

Don't play pvp so I don't really care
  • Sparky9494Sparky9494 Member Posts: 58
    You'll regardless see 7* r3 by the cyber weekend sales which is close to that tournament date
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★

It needs to be really lucrative rewards considering they're going to be travelling thousands of kilometres for the competition. Doing all that and getting what anyone can by spending a few dollars doesn't make sense

What's a kilometer in English? 🇺🇲🦅
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 323 ★★★
    im definitely looking fwd to 7r3

saying that you will quit the game cause fo game progression, probably means you shouldn’t be playing the game. Whats the point of the game if not to have a new level to achieve. Without a new progression level or goal the game loses challenges

so bringing 7r3 makes it for a “near” goal to challenge yourself to achieve.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    One Player, the best of the best in BGs. It's not a floodgate.
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    1 person with a R3 7* is okie for now. It causes no harm.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,147 ★★★★
    I think a bigger issue is that beroman won't be there (presumably swedeah and kt1 too?)

While of the bonkers level of skill YouTubers, I much prefer swedeah, msd, Mike and kt1; there's little point denying that is he were allowed to take part, beroman has, probably, the best chance to win it.
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★

You'll regardless see 7* r3 by the cyber weekend sales which is close to that tournament date

Absolutely not lmao. We’ll prob see t4 alpha cats during banquet at the earliest.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    Is this post for real. You will have the best player who can proably use 4 stars to clear all content and they will get a 7 star rank 3 champ and your palyers are thinking of quitting. This has to be a joke. What are you worry about, facing them in BG or War for top 3 overall?
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    I absolutely agree with the choice tbh, it's nice to see a player win a tournament of skill, and be rewarded with something that whales won't have for hopefully another 6-9 months.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★

For money$$ most likely, because that wouldn't be surprising
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

For money$$ most likely, because that wouldn't be surprising
    It shouldn't be in 8 years.
    Typically, any new introductions first come through spending, or spending Events like Banquet.
    Then they are later released in the game.