Create server policy that automatically perma bans those who have the auto win mod in Battlegrounds

ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
And watch how quickly Battleground modders disappear. There's no way that this mod can be missed because it does something that clearly interrupts the correct flow of the program code.

Maybe improve your IT policies to keep these cheaters away more easily and permanently.

Comments

• ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
    If that's the case, I don't get the point why this game checks on server connection almost every other second if they cannot control something like this.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Why do you think that if Kabam could do this that they haven't yet? If this was something they could easily and feasibly do, they would ofcourse have done it long ago
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    You realise that Kabam employees spend hours working through the cheat reports, many of them out of hours, working over time to keep on top of it.

I think there’s a very strong argument for more staff but ultimately that’s not within the purview of the worker bees.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Valroz said:

And watch how quickly Battleground modders disappear. There's no way that this mod can be missed because it does something that clearly interrupts the correct flow of the program code.

Maybe improve your IT policies to keep these cheaters away more easily and permanently.

Gee why didn't they think of that!

You must be an elite programmer.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★

Valroz said:

Gee why didn't they think of that!

You must be an elite programmer.
    =IF_modder
    THEN_Ban
    Run;

Easy as pie
    IIF (USERID="Valroz", STATUS_BAN=TRUE, STATUS_BAN=FALSE)

My sql be a bit rusty.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,533 ★★★★
    Valroz said:

If that's the case, I don't get the point why this game checks on server connection almost every other second if they cannot control something like this.

The more frequent the server calls, the less opportunity for a specific game alteration. There's numerous ways to mod this (and EVERY) game, but the fact that you can scratch in your own info on the client side if you were half awake during a code class means you live with it, from a company perspective, as a cost of doing business.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    People who dont know what they're talking about really need to stop making forum posts trying to tell Kabam how to do their jobs