R2 Shuri or r5 a 6*?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
Would be my first one, trying to decide which class t6cc to target.

Main focus is BGs and AW (Plat 3/4). I’m 100% on story and waiting to get a few more mystic champs before doing carinas v3 for the r5 gem.

I do AQ map 8 on the path “hard head” that you need a shock debuff or stuns reflect and enemy goes unblockable for a brief time after specials, and Shuri works great here.

Even though I don’t have any r5’s yet, I’m drawn away from them because r5 gems would be more prevalent by the end of the year (8.3 exploration, cyber monday unit deals etc). Not to mention the next progression title won’t be tied to how many r5’s one has.

Outside of the progression title and r5 gems, they just announced an r3 gem in the battlegrounds brawl rewards for 7 stars, (even though it took years for the 6 star to reach r3), so 6 stars may end up becoming the new 5 stars sooner than we think.

R2 Shuri or r5 a 6*? 72 votes

R2 Shuri
47%
SIlverProfessorMqc19QuikPikSw0rdMasterCassyDarkness275rcm201710or_StrongRabarberstengelRockyshockyPikolu_Sham_Luke9523XreissMother_FlerkenKRANꓘGreekhitEwell65SSS69Wolf911Lpoo 34 votes
R5 Kingpin
2%
FerahgoDirtyGrmlin 2 votes
R5 Hulkling
15%
DL864bhuv9191JinxesaxeNapaHeroFishhhMauledCaptainGameNgoalong711JT_SupremeChris_SummersKnightOfTheRealm 11 votes
R5 Future Antman
4%
LickySuperstar_1126Windows10 3 votes
R5 Hercules
30%
Manup456Dtl7714MaxtheSilentJustcause102jcphillips7TheSaithGardoshRenaxqqKeniutekChiliDogTheholyplungerCyrillFromTulaGoingBackwillrun4adonutSammyDeTnkeesmanTrongNovXFREEDOMXDerpyEagleVickyCR7 22 votes

Comments

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,161 ★★★★★
    R5 Hercules
    Then on to 7* for life!!!
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★
    R2 Shuri
    If I had pulled Shuri i absolutely would have ranked her ahead of some of the 6*s I took to Rank 5 (incl Herc)
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,387 ★★★★★
    @Oakenshield @Pikolu @coolspiderman17_ thanks, helped me pull the trigger on tech from my selectors.

I realized im already at 2 cosmic t6cc as i was initially going for herc. I do have a 7* Gorr too. Would you r2 him over hulkling and herc? Hes not as fast as Venom or Gamora in BGs but I feel like he could be really good for story or long form content.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,161 ★★★★★
    R5 Hercules
    Herc and Doom are the only 6* that I'm taking to r5 (and currently are at r5). Everything else for 6* (except maybe Apoc) will only go to r3 (and maybe r4). I'd still do Herc over r2 Gorr for story content and long form content.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,408 Guardian
    R2 Shuri
    Polygon said:

Oakenshield Pikolu coolspiderman17_ thanks, helped me pull the trigger on tech from my selectors.

I realized im already at 2 cosmic t6cc as i was initially going for herc. I do have a 7* Gorr too. Would you r2 him over hulkling and herc? Hes not as fast as Venom or Gamora in BGs but I feel like he could be really good for story or long form content.

Gorr is amazing for this meta of GC and tends to be a great dual use champion overall in BGs. He also can be an annoying defender in AW.

I personally won't probably ever r5 herc until r5s are as common as r3s are right now because of how easy he makes the game. Always rank whoever you enjoy using, can't go wrong with gorr, hulkling, or herc if you enjoy them.
  • XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    R5 Hercules
    You will not see 7* herc anytime soon if not ever.
  • FishhhFishhh Member Posts: 8
    R5 Hulkling
    Please just dont r5 Herc, everxone in my aliance who did it now regret, because theres just no where to use him, and r4 does the job as well.

You can use him only in BG but I would choose Hulkling over Hercules almost everytime. In war Hulkling is one of the best attackers.
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    R2 Shuri
    Fishhh said:

Please just dont r5 Herc, everxone in my aliance who did it now regret, because theres just no where to use him, and r4 does the job as well.

You can use him only in BG but I would choose Hulkling over Hercules almost everytime. In war Hulkling is one of the best attackers.

Well when the new long form content (like Abyss 2.0 ) comes out a r5 herc will be very useful

Also Herc is probably gonna become quake of 6*s
    Fishhh said:

If i was to do a cosmic r5 rankup (over r2ing Gorr), I would definitely do Hulkling over Herc for BG’s and also just because of that unblockable being super handy for openings especially where you cant or get punished for stunning etc
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Member Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Not sure I agree with taking Hulkling over Herc because of being a good BGs defender. I found that if Hulkling is going to catch my opponent off in BG's, he already does it at R3.
    R5 him and he'll most likely get banned off the bat. I never get a chance to use my R5 Abs Man in BGs.

Not sure I agree with taking Hulkling over Herc because of being a good BGs defender. I found that if Hulkling is going to catch my opponent off in BG's, he already does it at R3.
    R5 him and he'll most likely get banned off the bat. I never get a chance to use my R5 Abs Man in BGs.

Its not just for defense, in fact theyre releasing kindred whos a hard counter aside from the many existing counters already.

Its for offense as well , as he gets a lot of kills fast and can cover a wide range of defenders. Hell, I’d even wager he can kill fury faster than Peni can, and she just ignores his 2nd life.

I do agree on the ban thing , but I’ve purposefully kept mine unduped so that he doesn’t get banned as often (albeit only r4)
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,421 ★★★★★
    I would vote either Shuri or KP.

I would vote either Shuri or KP.

KP is the best skill champ imo and has some really nice coverage in the amount of defenders he can take in BG’s, not to mention being solid on defense too. If i dont pull a mantis anytime soon, may take him up later on