**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will we ever see the return of gold deals in MCOC?

RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 155
Hey folks,
I don't know about you, but I am sitting on a butt ton of gold and would love to see the return of gold deals in MCOC. I think it would be a great help to F2P players who have felt left behind by the mega deal weekends of July 4th and Cyber Monday (let's also not forget two weeks of Banquet). What are your thoughts? Do you think they'll ever make a return?

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Doesn’t make a diff. Most whales are sitting on a ton of gold, so being “left behind” isn’t too valid 😂

The marginal utility/value of “one more thing” is higher for me than for a whale.

If I get another 7-star spin, it’ll be my 7th. That means more than being someone’s 24th.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    TyEdge said:

xNig said:

Doesn’t make a diff. Most whales are sitting on a ton of gold, so being “left behind” isn’t too valid 😂

The marginal utility/value of “one more thing” is higher for me than for a whale.

If I get another 7-star spin, it’ll be my 7th. That means more than being someone’s 24th.
    That's true, and in fact I feel the same way, but by the same token that same marginal value calculation is why I don't feel like I'm "falling behind" the whales as much as some do. One more 7 means more to me than it does to them, but by the same token that means being twenty 7s behind doesn't mean as much as how many I have now. If I had one, I'd feel very far behind. I have nine, so I don't, even if they still have dozens more. Every 7 I open, no matter how slow they come for me, is still higher incremental value than the five they open for every one I do.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    As to the gold deals themselves, I think those are going to be a very rare if ever return feature. The intent was to allow players with gold excess to get something for that gold they will otherwise unlikely ever have a use for. What it actually did was cause people to literally self-destruct and place themselves into gold crunches starving themselves for gold and being unable to rank up to progress, because they felt they were compelled to buy those gold deals at all costs, and then blame Kabam for not having enough gold in the game.

That's a headache I suspect Kabam has no desire to replicate.
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83
    i dont think they will return, you get a fair amount in quests, so they will not risk it with those offers so you can have stuff practically for free lol
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
    So, since this is a no, do you think we'll ever see the return of the gem trade-in store?
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Probably not
    If I remember correctly those deals came before the new CEO was appointed
    I don't see it happening again
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    With the amount of summoners posting about the gold shortage, probably not.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    I don't think they will return but it may help PR by diverting all conversations away from the negative topics to something usually positive... Then brush old stuff *zemo and co* under the carpet
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    In my opinion they would not need to be exactly the same as last time.
    They could, for example, open a temporary shop with some rank up materials and paragon crystals for a mill gold or similar.
    That would deplete Scrooge McDucks like me and would not shift the economy of the game that much.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    OF course not. Any beneficial event to f2p players is excluded from current meta.
  • Options
    RKO_meRKO_me Posts: 155
    Searmenis said:

OF course not. Any beneficial event to f2p players is excluded from current meta.

I would like to think that the developers for MCOC have all types of players in mind when they create content and offers. Obviously, the best stuff will be given to players who pay, but that's literally every mobile game. People liked the gold offers and I don't see a reason for why they can't come back.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

xNig said:

That's true, and in fact I feel the same way, but by the same token that same marginal value calculation is why I don't feel like I'm "falling behind" the whales as much as some do. One more 7 means more to me than it does to them, but by the same token that means being twenty 7s behind doesn't mean as much as how many I have now. If I had one, I'd feel very far behind. I have nine, so I don't, even if they still have dozens more. Every 7 I open, no matter how slow they come for me, is still higher incremental value than the five they open for every one I do.
    This has given me some peace of mind in BGs. I’ve got 5 r5, 21 more r4 and 6 7-stars. That’s 32 champs. I still have some 6r3 in my deck because they fit the meta. My draft choices involve weighing “fit” against the added benefit of hp, attack, and probably sig level.

I’ve gradually burned through my July 4 spending (nearly 22,000 farmed units and $50) and I’m down to a single r4 gem. I’ll wait for the next VT meta and use it on a mystic that benefits, because I can’t make up my mind between about 4 champs.

It is a bummer to know that I can’t get enough t4b to r2 many champs, so I’m left ranking 5-stars and doing r3 champs in between major rankups.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    The gold struggle is real. Everyone is out of gold in my alliance. Some have cats in overflow.