What do y'all think about guilly 2099?

Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,180 ★★★★
As u can guess, just pulled her as a 7*. I never ranked up a 5/6* guilly, so I haven't really formed an opinion. Does she still hold up? Seems kinda light on utility icl.

Tried playing around with her, first fight she's kinda mid, but the second fight she hits like a truck. Hit so hard she didn't even get to an sp3, so third fight she's back to being mid. This was against 150k health opponents without nodes.

Early thoughts: Don't think I'll use her much, especially since I took Lady Deathstrike to r4, and I've already got Nimrod, Infamous Iron Dude, Warlock, etc. She might be decent on BG/AW defense, but then again I don't play much BGs lol. Would love to hear from ppl who use her/ have used her before.

P.S. Let's not talk about abyss for now, on god I'm never touching that quest.

Comments

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,175 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I use her all the time (duped 7*), but that's just because I like her. Your other tech champs are better.

I really don't see her taking a spot in BG deck, that that just might be me.

I do use her with the warlock and Ultron synergy so you get that extra fury and power boost when running recoil, which helps when trying to get to sp3.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian
    7* g2099 shreds abyss due to the absurd increase in hits you can make with their challenge rating
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,180 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Damn, I forgot to add, what pre-fights do y'all use, if any?

She’s amazing an anyone who says different is wrong. She is great for the long fights, but I assume that the 7* version could be harder to snowball outside of high health content

Yup, the 7* is a bit difficult to snowball in eq and sq, but I might be able to get to an sp3 and keep the momentum going by spamming heavies. Don't know if it's worth doing that though, I could just end the fight, why draw it out...

Fair, I don't play much BGs so I just put her in for being a 7*, her miss mechanic can be a bit annoying when u can't readily parry her though, so she might be a decent situational pick depending on the node.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Guilly99 may not knock the socks off with the wow factor like doom or Hercules, but she is reliable. Has 2 safety nets in a powerful regen and a mis mechanic if you get hit. And the thing to remember with her degen, while not overly strong, is to remember very few champs have a natural immunity to degen outside of a node providing it. Also, don't forget her own immunities being a robot.
    A_Fungi said:

I would love to pull a 7* g99, heck I would like to pull a 6*

Bleed / poison immune
    Doesn't crit
    Reverse healing
    Power control
    Crazy damage potential
    regen

Not to be a negative Nancy, but bleed & poison immunity is fairly common though, especially for techs. Not critting can be useful, the reverse healing too. I completely forgot about her power control, that sp1 drains ~a bar of power. That is a piece of utility my roster has been missing, so she does fill a gap. Haven't been able to fully access her crazy dmg potential and regen yet, might have to jump into act 8 and test her out.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 950 ★★★
    She’s pretty mid in most content, great in long content though. But for BGs, story, and war, nah.
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 803 ★★★★
    I only have a 6* but I used her a lot while I was progressing through story content. I never use her prefights.

Her regen can drag out fights and her miss can trip people up but if you’ve got a lot of r4s already you probably have enough other better defenders.

I think she’s fallen behind the newer tech champs but she’s still solid and being a 7* might move her back up the list a little bit.
  • hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Member Posts: 271 ★★

As u can guess, just pulled her as a 7*. I never ranked up a 5/6* guilly, so I haven't really formed an opinion. Does she still hold up? Seems kinda light on utility icl.

Tried playing around with her, first fight she's kinda mid, but the second fight she hits like a truck. Hit so hard she didn't even get to an sp3, so third fight she's back to being mid. This was against 150k health opponents without nodes.

Early thoughts: Don't think I'll use her much, especially since I took Lady Deathstrike to r4, and I've already got Nimrod, Infamous Iron Dude, Warlock, etc. She might be decent on BG/AW defense, but then again I don't play much BGs lol. Would love to hear from ppl who use her/ have used her before.

i pulled her when i decided i wanna finish all the endgame content and whatever. hadn't touched lab or abyss before but she made them both piss easy.
    obviously she may not be the best tech anymore but shes still up there. best 7 star tech imo
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,846 ★★★★★
    I love my 7 star yeah she might not be the most useful for everyday use, but when she works, she works amazingly. Plus dont sleep on her in bgs she is a suprising good defender that can catch people by surprise even if they have the right counters
    edited July 2023
    hi_im_sir said:

i pulled her when i decided i wanna finish all the endgame content and whatever. hadn't touched lab or abyss before but she made them both piss easy.
    obviously she may not be the best tech anymore but shes still up there. best 7 star tech imo
    Shuri:
    Lady Deathstrike
    Rocket:
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,175 ★★★★★

Damn, I forgot to add, what pre-fights do y'all use, if any?

Fair, I don't play much BGs so I just put her in for being a 7*, her miss mechanic can be a bit annoying when u can't readily parry her though, so she might be a decent situational pick depending on the node.
    I used her before they changed the scoring mechanics. She can eat up time, but since they devalued time, I took her out of my deck. Also, I always use the 20 hit crit prefight. Occasionally is use the power drain one to prevent them from getting a sp3, but rarely use the lifesteal one. It does too little.
  • hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Member Posts: 271 ★★

hi_im_sir said:

Shuri:
    Lady Deathstrike
    Rocket:
    Ld is arguable. other 2 hell no
    hi_im_sir said:

hi_im_sir said:

Shuri:
    Lady Deathstrike
    Rocket:
    Delusional
    Shuri takes down the two hardest defenders in the game easily and quickly and is fantastic for many more matchups while G99 is only good in long content (which is mostly outdated now). LD is miles above no point explaining. Rocket is a way faster attacker with a ton of utility (heal block, power drain, armor break, special lock, bleed, rupture, shield system, blocks unblockable attacks, etc). G99 doesn’t hold up. C/D tier champ
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,820 ★★★★
    You can do max double suicides for big damage.
    Great health regeneration each fight.
    Great power control with special 1.
    If u finish fight with sp3, can start next fight with high damage.
    Personally, I love her!!
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    hi_im_sir said:

hi_im_sir said:

Shuri:
    Lady Deathstrike
    Rocket:
    Shuri is amazing after her buff. Takes down some extremely difficult defenders and has the damage and reach for both battlegrounds and stuff like abyss
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 546 ★★★
    Her sp3 is the strongest hit in the game. If the opponent is at or below 5% health, it's an insta-kill reguardless of the remaining health pool; It literally maxes out the damage parameter. Good times!!
    Aight, so I tried her out in eq and some story stuff, and I'm gonna be completely honest with y'all, it just didn't click for me, personally.

Probably won't be using her much, which is disappointing tbh because I like my other 7*s - Sassy who is bulky and can spam specials with his power gain, and Mantis who just ends most fights with a single sp2.

It was good to hear ppl still like her, maybe I'll give her another go after a while, but for now, she's probably gonna stay on AW defense indefinitely.
    edited July 2023
    AMS94 said:

She's a pretty good champ but the compulsion to end fights with a Sp3 holds her back quite a bit IMO
    That's just an unnecessary annoyance that players don't want to repeatedly deal with in all their fights

If she had a mechanic that allowed her to retain some % of her combo even if u couldn't finish with a Sp3, then her popularity might go a bit higher.....still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Nimrod, Ghost, Antman etc. but would definitely have had more fans specially with her being available as a 7*

Yup, definitely not a fan of that. Another annoyance is if she gets hit, she loses her 100+ combo (way more to lose than most champs), which she probably cannot build back up to in the same fight, so she reverts back to having below average dmg output until the next fight.
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Member Posts: 755 ★★★
    Terrible champion like takes 100 hits? I don’t wanna tap the screen 100 times
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 803 ★★★★
    AMS94 said:

She's a pretty good champ but the compulsion to end fights with a Sp3 holds her back quite a bit IMO
    That's just an unnecessary annoyance that players don't want to repeatedly deal with in all their fights

If she had a mechanic that allowed her to retain some % of her combo even if u couldn't finish with a Sp3, then her popularity might go a bit higher.....still wouldn't be able to compete with the likes of Nimrod, Ghost, Antman etc. but would definitely have had more fans specially with her being available as a 7*

That would be a great synergy to make her a little more user friendly. Maybe the next Guillotine related champ will give her that freedom. Maybe start her at 50 or 75 hits on her meter and a 3 hit combo shield.
  • Lord1Lord1 Member Posts: 21
    Pulled her as a 7 star the other day as well, her damage once you reach the second fight is insanely good. I've been using her to do some of the paths in Act 8 that I didn't have a good tech champion for and she works well there so she's a solid pull imo.
  • Medi0critus_Medi0critus_ Member Posts: 26
    With regard to your concerns on losing her combo, don’t forget that landing heavy attacks builds passive combo shield charges and protects you from losing the combo if you get tagged. I usually start each fight with a few heavies
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    She is really good and heal reversal is a really good abillity and she has a really good power control but i wish i had a 5* quake(+nick) to make her more viable
    Also i usually use her power drain prefight
  • Icy000Icy000 Member Posts: 274 ★★
    she's good