Arenas Question

Why do I keep getting matched with the same 2 opponents? Hasn’t been just this arena either been several. It gets kind of boring fighting the same champs over and over again in an already somewhat painful grind. Just curious.

Comments

• TheParasiteTheParasite Member Posts: 408 ★★
    It is a random thing when comes to opponent selection - so there are odds for this to happen after they have tweaked the system for us to reduce the death matches
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★
    Kinda weird that you are asking this question when you are pretty far into the game

When you are fighting Kang/Thanos teams... it's to make it easy for you to get your infinite streak.

By the look of things here, you are probably doing the basic arena (I think)

I am guessing you would like to be able to use these teams and keep matches somewhat easy

Because you could be facing 80k teams if you didn't have a high enough rated team and risk losing your streak
  • captaincushcaptaincush Member Posts: 768 ★★★★
    once you get past win number 15 or so in your streak, they will stop appearing
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,962 ★★★★★
    Either between streaks 11-14 or if your team is too strong on earlier streaks this is all you will face. It will also happen if you join arena immediately after it starts and not enough players have played yet to fill out teams to fight against. Like has been stated, get above streak 15 and you won’t see them anymore.
  • PlayinLikeaRookiePlayinLikeaRookie Member Posts: 22
    I’ve seen them over the years but more frequently over the last few weeks or so. Never looked that far into how arenas worked, just used them to get some gold etc… figured I’d ask. Just started this arena a little over an hour ago.

Hit 15 and it switched. But it really feels like I was fighting those 2 from 5 to now.

Also, wanted to add that it shouldn’t matter how far anyone is into the game when they have a question. If they don’t know, they don’t know. Asking a forum specifically for the game seems like a pretty good place to start their research. Comes off a bit snobbish. Sorry for the rant but I’ve lurked and seen several posts where people get talked down too for asking questions or having concerns about fairness, etc. it’s really off putting and probably doesn’t help the overall community vibe.
    A_Fungi said:

Kinda weird that you are asking this question when you are pretty far into the game

When you are fighting Kang/Thanos teams... it's to make it easy for you to get your infinite streak.

I am guessing you would like to be able to use these teams and keep matches somewhat easy

Because you could be facing 80k teams if you didn't have a high enough rated team and risk losing your streak

• XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Member Posts: 525 ★★★
    A_Fungi said:

I'm wondering the same! Makes me wonder if Op has bought this account!
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 995 ★★★★

I’ve seen them over the years but more frequently over the last few weeks or so. Never looked that far into how arenas worked, just used them to get some gold etc… figured I’d ask. Just started this arena a little over an hour ago.

Hit 15 and it switched. But it really feels like I was fighting those 2 from 5 to now.

Also, wanted to add that it shouldn’t matter how far anyone is into the game when they have a question. If they don’t know, they don’t know. Asking a forum specifically for the game seems like a pretty good place to start their research. Comes off a bit snobbish. Sorry for the rant but I’ve lurked and seen several posts where people get talked down too for asking questions or having concerns about fairness, etc. it’s really off putting and probably doesn’t help the overall community vibe.

A_Fungi said:

Sorry if your feelings were hurt.

I am allowed to be a little shocked that you didn't know just as much as you are allowed to ask whatever you would like on here.

I also think I went on to explain what was happening. I did forget to say that it would change after 15 fights.

Keep in mind that you have a floor for teams to use in arenas. If this is basic, don't use less than a team of R3 5 stars, or you could get a "death" match
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,962 ★★★★★

A_Fungi said:

If you were facing them from 5 on then the teams you were using were just too strong for the streak you were at. Simple as that.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,283 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

A_Fungi said:

Because most of the questions you are referring to people could answer themselves with minimal effort on their part. Instead they come here and ask which takes even more time. Or they're just straight up dumb ideas with no thought put into them like removing story progression milestones

Ex: What are the rewards for URU III?
    You can literally see the rewards for it in game if you took 5 seconds to investigate the battlegrounds page in the game.
  • PlayinLikeaRookiePlayinLikeaRookie Member Posts: 22
    A_Fungi said:

A_Fungi said:

Sorry if your feelings were hurt.

I am allowed to be a little shocked that you didn't know just as much as you are allowed to ask whatever you would like on here.

I also think I went on to explain what was happening. I did forget to say that it would change after 15 fights.

Keep in mind that you have a floor for teams to use in arenas. If this is basic, don't use less than a team of R3 5 stars, or you could get a "death" match
    Feelings weren’t hurt. Annoyed would be more accurate. Not only for my post but others who post and get the “you should know this by now” or “you lack skill”. That’s on me though. I impulse replied and I apologize. I appreciate you going on to explain it to me. That was helpful to understand what was happening. Where did you all learn this from?

XFREEDOMX said:

A_Fungi said:

I'm wondering the same! Makes me wonder if Op has bought this account!
    Lol seriously?

What do you mean bought my account? Do you mean I paid for an account that was already built or that I started playing before 6*s were introduced and then spent money to build my roster? I was mostly FTP until Cavalier, only bought the monthly sigil, then spent thousands on units and events to get to Throne Breaker and eventually Paragon. Don’t hate.

When I play arenas, I start with my low level 6 R1s until I hit 5 then I go 6 R5.4.3,2 mixed with 7 R1s and 5 R5s. I don’t look at synergies, just who’s next available. Highest win streak is 221 until the arena ended. So when I say it’s just something I’ve never thought to look up or ask, that’s what it is.

Sorry for another impulse post!