Vpn

BabyGrootBabyGroot Member Posts: 139 ★★
Looking for some clarification on what will happen if a player uses a VPN. Recently heard that it would violate tos. I'm going to start using one for privacy and safety on my phone but want to make sure that it won't jeopardize my account.

Comments

• DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    VPNs are generally frowned upon when used to get around restrictions. So if you're trying to access region-locked content by using a VPN to spoof your location, then you could get in trouble. If you are, in fact, using a local VPN solely for "privacy and safety" reasons, you're probably fine.
  • ChriissRChriissR Member Posts: 652 ★★★★
    Perfectly fine. Been confirmed by devs before that it does not break ToS.
  • MacmucitoMacmucito Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2023
    Just from my personal experience, Don't go doing AW with a VPN - ON because that may get you banned permanently. Well, It did get me permanently banned in 2020 for that under account sharing while I didn't really share my account with anyone except use of a free VPN which kept changing to random locations every time I turned on. My alliance also got docked due to this. I am not sure if Kabam has changed anything since then regarding this but in other hand, You should be OK with running VPN to get any other contents done. Just don't mess around with AW while VPN is ON, Especially if you are using a free VPN which connects to random regions every time.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,522 ★★★★★
    Don't use a free VPN, they have less security and privacy than no VPN.

Lots of free VPN's sell routing of traffic through your device (that's how the make money).
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Member Posts: 855 ★★★
    You know VPN are actually legal Government tracking systems.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,274 Guardian
    2StarKing said:

You know VPN are actually legal Government tracking systems.

Actually, it is Starbucks coffee that contains the government tracking dust. VPNs only amplify the signal, which is why Starbucks has free public wifi.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Macmucito said:

Just from my personal experience, Don't go doing AW with a VPN - ON because that may get you banned permanently. Well, It did get me permanently banned in 2020 for that under account sharing while I didn't really share my account with anyone except use of a free VPN which kept changing to random locations every time I turned on. My alliance also got docked due to this. I am not sure if Kabam has changed anything since then regarding this but in other hand, You should be OK with running VPN to get any other contents done. Just don't mess around with AW while VPN is ON, Especially if you are using a free VPN which connects to random regions every time.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,234 Guardian
    DNA3000 said:

Macmucito said:

You were not banned for using a VPN. You were banned for account sharing. The fact that the ban was levied after you stopped account sharing and started using a VPN is a coincidence. You were caught in a ban wave that happened to investigate you deeply enough to discover your prior account sharing with sufficient confidence to draw the ban.
    Something sounded familiar, then remembered the NY718 / Ban Wave 3 post, lol.