Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Apocalypse is getting purified?

AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
So for some reason I just used Apocalypse against Baron Zemo in Arena so no nodes and for some reason all of his Special Attack Debuffs were getting purified by his cleansed? Why is that, Apocalypse should be reducing the ability accuracy for this interaction by 100% and I don't see anything in Zemo's bio that should prevent this ability.

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,547 ★★★★★
    Zemo cleanses. Apoc's reduces purify ability accuracy.

Makes complete sense!
  • Options
    I think it has to do with the difference between the Purify ability which most Skill champs vs Cleanse Passives which Zemo has
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,092 ★★★★★
    Purify and cleanse arent the same ability
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

Makes complete sense!

Well, Cleanse says that it specifically purifies debuffs. It doesn't make perfect sense, but that seems to just be the way it works.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,092 ★★★★★

Makes complete sense!

Well, Cleanse says that it specifically purifies debuffs. It doesn't make perfect sense, but that seems to just be the way it works.
    It's an extremely poor choice of wording in the ability description but what else is new am i right lol
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Makes complete sense!

Se difference between Nullify and stagger. Both are different. DNA mentioned how this works in another thread. Let me see if I can find it.

Basically 'purify' with a small p is the actual mechanic that removes the debuffs. 'Purify' with a capital P is the effect that leads to the removal. Cleanse also uses purify to remove debuffs.apoc can only prevent Purify. Not purify
  • Options
    AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    So the answer is just bad wording and game design, alright.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Adok said:

Ambiguous wording. But yeah
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,370 ★★★★★
    Adok said:

Game design is intentional. Reduces the one champ solves all problems thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    edited August 2023

Adok said:

Game design is intentional. Reduces the one champ solves all problems thing.
    I believe the game design issue is with making the difference between purify and Purify not all that clear