**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* champ selector info you may have missed.

NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
I know we will all get one from the celebration events combined. But they also said they be available in login crystals in addition to this. Because of that, I think they will also be available $ome other way. XD

So my theory is they planned this pool to be a little mid because they are champs that need dupes and they planned on us duping these champs eventually.

Something you may wanna consider when picking you’re first champ from the selector is which champ will be good with a single dupe.

Comments

• Options

Not all these champs need a dupe

Ehhh. Based on what?

I’d argue they all benefit from it pretty highly. In every case it unlocks some kind of functionality that after that is gonna get better with sig. And in every case the community would call them “better once awakened”.

Imo no better way to give me a 7* that needs the dupe than this.

Kabam is smart.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,598 ★★★★

I know we will all get one from the celebration events combined. But they also said they be available in login crystals in addition to this. Because of that, I think they will also be available $ome other way. XD

So my theory is they planned this pool to be a little mid because they are champs that need dupes and they planned on us duping these champs eventually.

Something you may wanna consider when picking you’re first champ from the selector is which champ will be good with a single dupe.

It's only available for Paragon accounts. It's not for everyone.
    but it is a 7* champ selector, so it’s not unwarranted imo
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    after talking to more people I'm even more convinced.

The pool is very thoroughly vetted to be useful but not too strong. Regardless of which one you have or what sig you will someday have them at. BUT Kabam knew 95% of players aren't gonna be excited by these champs, which is why you get to CHOOSE.... NEW. Cool!!!! But THIS is why this is an exclusive pool. If they wanted us to have one, We would just be able to earn one, somehow. But they are RNG in the login crystals, So they are already saying, for some, They will awaken their brand new 7* on day one of the calendar. Which is also why they are THESE champs. Even awakened they won't be the most powerful champs ever.

So in conclusion:

It makes the pool of champions make sense. (won't be busted)

It makes the selector make sense. (pool kinda meh, according to tier list, but we get to choose)

It makes having them in the login crystals make sense. (You're gonna awaken them someday anyway, let us choose)

and it would make selling the selectors later make sense. (Kabam likes money, we like awakening champs that need it)

Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck..... Probably tastes Delicious.
  • Options
    but yeah it is only for paragons. didn't realize I needed to say that in my post

It's only available for Paragon accounts. It's not for everyone.
  • Options

Not all these champs need a dupe

Ehhh. Based on what?

I’d argue they all benefit from it pretty highly. In every case it unlocks some kind of functionality that after that is gonna get better with sig. And in every case the community would call them “better once awakened”.

Imo no better way to give me a 7* that needs the dupe than this.

Kabam is smart.
    Better once awakened ≠ needs awakening
    What's your actual point? When I said "needs the dupe" I was referring to the sentiment behind each of these champs. They are all "better once awakened" and to us picky players that means "doesn't exist until duped". Because we only have catalyst for 25% of our champs.

And again, I think is why they are all lumped into this selector together. If it's not an exciting pool, give us the choice, let us get the functionality the champs need (or like) without RNG.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
    Oh I don't care... I'll choose Emma frost not for her reversed controls on defense, but cuz I like the champion
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Will these champs be added to the basic 7* in oct?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★

Will these champs be added to the basic 7* in oct?

No
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,161 ★★★★
    IF I get to choose I'm gonna choose cap sam... Sp2 goes crazy
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,190 ★★★★

IF I get to choose I'm gonna choose cap sam... Sp2 goes crazy

We do get to choose
    I will just hoard the crystals and choose the selector after opening all of the crystals

If I don't pull any 7* from the crystals I will take either Emma or Red Goblin
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,599 ★★★★
    So we are going to get 7* crystal for free with 6 exclusive champs and if we're going to complete ROL 2 we will get selector of these champs? Or there will be crystal with chance to get 7*?
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

So we are going to get 7* crystal for free with 6 exclusive champs and if we're going to complete ROL 2 we will get selector of these champs? Or there will be crystal with chance to get 7*?

No. These champs will only be available in the legends selector which is gained by completing the RoL event, claiming all rewards in the legends calendar, and completing whatever the legends arena layout is going to be.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Renaxqq said:

No. These champs will only be available in the legends selector which is gained by completing the RoL event, claiming all rewards in the legends calendar, and completing whatever the legends arena layout is going to be.
    No. They said they will also be available by RNG via login crystals. Check the post again. SOME people will get more than one. Which is what leads me to think eventually we all will
  • Options
    Renaxqq said:

Both. You do legends event quest, arena and legends celebration calendar. You get your first selector. The Login Crystals also have a chance to drop a selector.