Options

Laggy/choppy

Since my game updated game play is choppy/lagging and it's really bad when moving from node to node in the map. Anyone else having this issue? Game was silky smooth before update

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,815 Guardian
    Would you mind sharing which phone you are playing on to help the game team see if it is isolated between android/iOS or even a certain phone of those types?
  • Options
    SaxodogSaxodog Posts: 5
    Same problem Xiaomi 12T Pro
  • Options
    ArizonabayArizonabay Posts: 19
    Using a moto edge 5g uw
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,815 Guardian
    @pika in the fights, the game has always been limited to 30fps because the game runs on frame-ticks. Everything relies on frames for calculation of things including the timing of parry/dex, ticks on the DoT...etc.

In the menu you are able to get higher fps because it doesn't matter, but during fights you should have always been limited to 30fps.
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    edited August 2023
    @Pikolu that's incorrect, game was running sure smoother on menus and everywhere else like moving on the map. Even on fights its way more snappy with animations, especially sp3/finishing ones than on ios devices.
    I had a stream running with my ingame fps counter also and it was just fine over 80fps since my display refresh rate is 165.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEHBOm_43Y&ab_channel=pikapika3

You guys forget that gaming phones are a thing with more features and refresh rates to run some games supporting it smoother.
    Mcoc is literally supporting and advertising in sites/phones that supports a higher 120 refresh rate. Here is an article for games supporting 120fps+
    https://www.smartprix.com/bytes/best-android-games-higher-refresh-rate-phones-for-with-90hz-or-120hz-display-phones/
    II send several tickets in the past regardless of half the refresh rate bug 2-3 years ago and got few silly replies that's its due to my device.

• Options
    ArizonabayArizonabay Posts: 19
    @pika the game was great nice and smooth yesterday update today and it's choppy. So the update is going to make me get a new phone?
  • Options
    pikapika Posts: 74
    edited August 2023
    Nope, now regardless of what phone you use game is gonna be running 30fps every time and feels choppy on android device.
    Before I could adjust my refresh rates from 120,144,165hz and run the game with 60/77/86 FPs
    Using Asus Rog Phone 7 and 5
  • Options
    hk_mk417hk_mk417 Posts: 35

Same thing happening with me, using a Pixel 7 Pro

Using the same phone. Pre-update was at a constant 60-62fps. Now, just hitting 30..
  • Options
    SolomonCZSolomonCZ Posts: 6
    Same issue here, Pixel 7 pro as well. I can't imagine playing War with this bug.