**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Thoughts on Archangel as a R4

jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,207 ★★★★
edited August 2023 in General Discussion
There was a little over a month ago I wouldn’t have even thought about this, given my roster and who I was taking to r4 giving my sparse resources at the time.

But now I’m reconsidering taking AA up to r4. I feel it should’ve happened sooner (hell, I took my max sig Domino to r4 before this guy a couple weeks ago), but never got around to it.

So for those with a R4, do you find it absolutely necessary, or is it a Red Mags situation where he can do his job just perfectly fine at r3?

I took him through Gauntlet 3 times the other day, and for his fights he did great, but I couldn’t help think how quicker they might would’ve been over with a r4.

He’s sig 110 by the way.

EDIT:

I’ll probably wait til after feature release next week, as I want Adam Warlock and he’s for sure going to r4, but Dani and Silk are my other 2 most wanted, and curious if Dani is a better mutant rank up.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,872 ★★★★★

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    I r4d him, no ragrets
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,560 ★★★★★
    I r4 him solely for the gauntlet runs for the two keys we were given for "compensation". It did make a huge time difference and ease (wasn't as stressed), but he's more of a red mags situation where a r3 gets the job done just fine.

That said, I'd still r4 him now after using him (but I also have a r4 Vulture so maybe my opinion counts for little - or maybe it counts for a lot).
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 473 ★★★
    He’s great in so many situations. But besides the extra damage there’s also the safety net of extra health that comes with r4. I’m gonna r5 him when i get the chance.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,841 ★★★★★
    I would. No wait, I did.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,856 ★★★★
    I will max him after brutalDLX rewards (assuming it's 50% T6 CC selector)
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,577 ★★★★★
    Beyond easy choice to r4 him, he’s worth it.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,668 ★★★★★
    I use him constantly.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    I took mine to R4. No regrets, he is amazing.

I think you made the right choice with domino first, she is a better 2 way champ

Pull that trigger if you haven't
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,635 ★★★★★
    Do I find it necessary ? No

But I did it after I got a large enough roster with other rank 4s. Also, some other mutant choices like bishop and domino are now 7*s so why would I rank up a lowly 6* when the 7*s are out there. I don’t regret it and very much enjoy the extra health the rank4 brings
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★

I r4 him solely for the gauntlet runs for the two keys we were given for "compensation". It did make a huge time difference and ease (wasn't as stressed), but he's more of a red mags situation where a r3 gets the job done just fine.

That said, I'd still r4 him now after using him (but I also have a r4 Vulture so maybe my opinion counts for little - or maybe it counts for a lot).

I hear vulture is low key useful lol
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,989 ★★★★★

Do I find it necessary ? No

But I did it after I got a large enough roster with other rank 4s. Also, some other mutant choices like bishop and domino are now 7*s so why would I rank up a lowly 6* when the 7*s are out there. I don’t regret it and very much enjoy the extra health the rank4 brings

S200 for defense on domino is a must have defender in BGs
  • Options
    Doom_and_GloomDoom_and_Gloom Posts: 15
    I have mine at R5, he melts champs. No regrets.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,207 ★★★★
    I had a feeling it was going to be a unanimous vote haha. Thanks for all the feedback!
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,887 Guardian
    edited August 2023
    Thomildo said:

He’s great in so many situations. But besides the extra damage there’s also the safety net of extra health that comes with r4. I’m gonna r5 him when i get the chance.

This summarizes my thoughts as well.